Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9075958 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13260 on: October 17, 2014, 11:58:29 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Today was apartment cleaning day!  Ugh!  It's been quite a while since I've done this, but between feeling lazy and the hurt ankle, I have not been in a cleaning mood.

But (of course) things always seem to have a monkey wrench thrown into them.  :laugh:

Today the car wass in the shop for routine maintenance, and it was the perfect day to do the cleaning.  Windows were open for fresh air, I've cleaned all the countertops, the oven, the refrigerator, scrubbed the tub sink and toilet, mopped the kitchen and bathroom, dusted everywhere, cleaned the windows, and vacuumed the living room and bedroom.

I couldn't go anywhere anyway, so why not stay home and clean?  The only appointment I had was to meet friends for dinner at their house at 7:15.

I got the call the car was done at 5:00.  Went down to the shop to get it, it had an oil change, two new tires, and some trans work.  Total of the bill was $402.74.  Not bad, and today was pay day, so I had the funds.  However, when the mechanic put the payment through the machine, he accidentally rang it as $4,402.74.  That took all the funds in my account, and overdrew it, so I couldn't get any money out of any ATMs with my card.

Thankfully, I was able to go to my online banking site, make some transfers, and get the money I needed for tonight.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13261 on: October 18, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »
I hope he reversed the charge or didn't you notice? None of my accounts would allow an overdraft. My doctor's receptionist one put in $400 for a visit instead of $40 but we both noticed straight away
 I pay everything on Mastercard, except for Ticketek who charge more for credit than debit cards. I get points for using my Mastercard and usually get a $100 voucher from Mitre 10 (Hardware and gardening store) about every 12 months. Most people, mainly young, but even some of my friends my age do not carry much cash anymore. My general rule is cash under $20 but yesterday I bought a DVD for $14.99. However the marked price was $19.99 but when it was rung up it showed a $5 discount, I did not ask why. The day before I saw the DVD  (Downton Abbey series 4) in a store (JB Hifi) for $38.99 but thankfully I did not buy it but went home and checked on line and found the lower price at another store.
I bought petrol on way home and got a 10 cents per litre discount for having bought 2 new Bridgestone tyres a few weeks ago, 4 cents per litre as a member of AA then another 5 cents per litre for being a VIP customer. (Why I do not know, I usually buy petrol only about every 3 weeks). Came to 19 cents per litre discount which was about $7 on a tank full, However every little helps.
Back to credit cards. I was amazed at having to sign when using my Mastercard at Macys in the USA.  Here I always use my PIN and Australia has just done away with signatures, you must use a PIN.  My Australian card has Tap'n'go which I do not like, you do not have to do anything if under $100. The banks say they will make good if card stolen. NZ cards are now getting this but not mine yet.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13262 on: October 18, 2014, 08:14:35 pm »
hello Brian,

Yes, he reversed it as soon as he saw it, I have a copy of the receipt that says "refund" on it.  Unfortunately, the credit back has not been completed yet, it probably won't show until Monday.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13263 on: October 18, 2014, 08:36:05 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Typical fall day today, started out clear, and then was overcast later in the afternoon, breeze blowing the leaves around, and went pumpkin picking and carving when the picking was done.

It was good to see my friends again, and their kids.  ;D

after that was dinner, and now I'm surfin' the 'net and watching scary movies on SyFy network.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13264 on: October 19, 2014, 08:12:58 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Hope that everyone is having a great weekend!!!   

Just relaxing at home today, but the laundry is done.  :) 

Latest pic of Trenton Scott, getting in the Halloween mood.  :)   He'll be 11 months old by Mischief Night (10/30)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13265 on: October 20, 2014, 06:06:17 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Last day of vacation.   :(  OH well, all good things must come to an end. 

I ended up going and doing some shopping for warmer clothes to wear, and then got some lunch.  Other than that, I relaxed all day, I even took a nap.

getting cooler, and it's supposed to rain starting tomorrow, until Thursday.

How is everyone else?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13266 on: October 21, 2014, 11:08:38 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Keeping yesterday's picture, because it's cute.

Didn't sleep as well as I could've last night, I think I threw off my body clock with later nights and later rises last week when I was off.

Good news is that my supervisor has an appointment, so she won't be joining me for lunch.  This means I can eat, and then sneak in a nap for a bit.  :)

Bowling night tonight, we're supposed to wear pink tonight for breast cancer awareness, so I have my shirt ready to go.

How is everyone else?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13267 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:34 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Oh my, it is raining like crazy today!  Last night was just as bad!!!  Hard downpours, loud thunder and a lot of lightning.

Bad bowling matched the bad weather!  LOL

Happy Hump Day to Everyone!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #13268 on: October 22, 2014, 11:35:39 pm »
Don't know how to make this link post so I will just post the URL 

It is interesting that in the time I have been in your blog the number of guests went from one to 4. I wonder if they are real?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13269 on: October 23, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/