Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9075947 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13340 on: November 23, 2014, 05:15:14 pm »
Hey Chuck, you're gonna wear that apartment out before you know it with all that cleaning!!!   :o

One of these days, you're gonna fall through the floor, after you rubbed it thin enough to break!!   ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13341 on: November 23, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »
Hey Chuck, you're gonna wear that apartment out before you know it with all that cleaning!!!   :o

One of these days, you're gonna fall through the floor, after you rubbed it thin enough to break!!   ::)
My sentiments exactly  ;D
I have just scrubbed the kitchen floor as my sister is visiting tomorow for a week. Probably 6 months since last time. I do vacuum it every few weeks and occasionally spot clean it. My sister chose the lino nearly 5 years ago and it does not show the dirt but then when scrubbing I find I am sometimes trying to clean the pattern >:(

Now I am having to regain some energy to clean the bathroom but I did do that 10 days ago when I had visitors but not as well as I need to before big sister arrives.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13342 on: November 24, 2014, 06:22:36 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Lego Wondertwins.  LOL  How funny is that?

Got to work early and managed to finish everything and leave on time!  It was pretty busy today, and I suspect tomorrow will be the same.

Wednesday will be a toss up, and Friday will be dead.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13343 on: November 24, 2014, 06:23:38 pm »

My sentiments exactly  ;D
I have just scrubbed the kitchen floor as my sister is visiting tomorow for a week. Probably 6 months since last time. I do vacuum it every few weeks and occasionally spot clean it. My sister chose the lino nearly 5 years ago and it does not show the dirt but then when scrubbing I find I am sometimes trying to clean the pattern >:(

Now I am having to regain some energy to clean the bathroom but I did do that 10 days ago when I had visitors but not as well as I need to before big sister arrives.

Brian, I like the kitchen floor!

Sonja, mind your business.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13344 on: November 25, 2014, 06:19:52 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Looks like even super heroes give thanks!  ;D

Today was a pretty slow day, so I'm hoping that tomorrow is even slower!  :)

However, I shouldn't be greedy.  LOL

Things are going as planned for dinner at mom and dad's on Thursday, and we're up to about 12 people.  :o

I'm making the pull apart pizza bread as an appetizer, hope it turns out well!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13345 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:50 pm »
Looks like even super heroes give thanks!  ;D

You know, on my way home today, I overheard somebody say to someone else, "What are you doing for Thanksgiving?" Common enough at this time of year.

I didn't hear the response, but the thought popped into my head, I wonder what the reaction would be if someone got asked that question and replied, "Giving thanks"?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13346 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:22 am »

Seriously? - Oh myyyy....   ;)

At least Batman can bring his BF to the family gathering. Thinking about it, with only one woman in the superhero family (and of course, it has to be her to serve the bird, grmpf) I wonder who is with who at the table. ;D ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13347 on: November 26, 2014, 02:38:39 am »
Strange coincidence, here you go. :laugh:
I posted on your blog about superheroes, logged off from BM and looked into my newspaper. I always start the paper from the back, so the first thing I saw was about - you wouldn't guess ;) - superheroes! :laugh:

One artist portrayed superheroes in style of old, Flemish painters.

I think superman is especially well done, with the floral pattern on his gown and the light/shadows:

The artist also included other nerdy characters that aren't really superheroes, like Chubacca (sp?), Princess Leia and the Joker:

Here are two links to galleries with lots more of it. Many photos are doubles, but in each gallery there are some which aren't included in the other.

http://www.stern.de/fotografie/sacha-goldberger-so-haben-sie-prinzessin-leia-noch-nie-gesehen-2155191.html

http://web.de/magazine/unterhaltung/kultur/superhelden-strumpfhosen-30221364

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13348 on: November 26, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »
I think superman is especially well done, with the floral pattern on his gown and the light/shadows:

Really. Take the "S" off the breast, and that blue brocade doublet would look fabulous on me for our Yule revel next month!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13349 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:12 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Greetings from snowy NJ!  ;D

We didn't get what they predicted (6 inches)  I want to say we got maybe three or so.  Hopefully not too many people's travel plans got too screwed up and everyone got to where they belong.

We got to leave work early today (2:00 instead of 5:00) and I got home, took a nap, made myself some dinner, and plan to do some cleaning later on.

Making the pepperoni bread tomorrow, and then heading out to my parents' place for the crowded dinner.  ;D