Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2596475 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
"B" is The Bone Collector (1999)
« Reply #4740 on: August 20, 2008, 07:33:20 am »
Angelina Jolie played the role of Amelia Donaghy in this film.

IMDB: Quadripeligic ex-cop Lincoln Rhyme was looking forward to his assisted suicide when he got the news: some sicko was abducting people in a taxi and leaving them to die in particularly sadistic ways. With time counting down between each abduction and possible death, Rhyme recruits rather-unwilling Amelia Donaghy, haunted by her cop father's suicide and thinking she's next, into working the crime scenes to track down the killer.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"C" is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
« Reply #4741 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:14 am »
Brad Pitt stars as the title character.

Plot: Tells the story of Benjamin Button, a man who starts aging backwards with bizarre consequences. [like, duh!]

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"D" is The Devil's Own (1997)
« Reply #4742 on: August 20, 2008, 11:22:30 am »
Brad starred with Harrison Ford in this film.

Plot:  A police officer uncovers the real identity of his houseguest, an IRA terrorist in hiding.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"E" is Echo of Blue (1996)
« Reply #4743 on: August 20, 2008, 01:35:48 pm »
"Echo of Blue" featured Kevin West, who appeared with Angelina Jolie in "Gone in Sixty Seconds."

From Amazon:  There is a rogue killer on the loose who slices up his prey and leads the corrupt city on a harrowing, wild goose chase. No one has ever lived to tell the story. Now with a dead body, a crazed assassin and a murderous partner, a beautiful woman must sift through the lies before she becomes the next victim!

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"F" is Full Frontal (2002)
« Reply #4744 on: August 20, 2008, 01:55:56 pm »
Brad Pitt plays himself in this film.

IMDB Plot: Arty film-within-a-film revolves around seven people with little in common whose lives collide.

Offline oilgun

"G" is Girl, Interrupted (1999)
« Reply #4745 on: August 20, 2008, 02:17:56 pm »
Angelina Jolie won a BSA oscar for her role in this film.

Plot: Based on writer Susanna Kaysen's account of her 18-month stay at a mental hospital in the 1960s.

==comment==

I couldn't get pass half an hour watching this film.  Hated it almost to the point of flinging the DVD across the room!  I blame Julia Roberts

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"H" is Happy Together (1989)
« Reply #4746 on: August 20, 2008, 02:54:20 pm »
Brad Pitt played Brian in "Happy Together." 

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSq9KWjDuis[/youtube]
In this scene, Chris (Patrick Dempsey) discovers that, thanks to a
computer mixup, his college roommate is a woman (Helen Slater).

From IMDb: 

It might not be a classic, it might not be realistic, but it is certainly entertaining. This is just a good, fun film that I just keep watching!

It's a typical 80's teen college story, with stereotypical characters bursting from every seam. At times you cringe. but unless you're looking for something deep and meaningful from the film or want to watch something "ground-breaking," then just sit back and enjoy.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"I" is Interview with the Vampire (1994)
« Reply #4747 on: August 20, 2008, 03:00:07 pm »
Brad starred with Tom in this sexless, artless drivel.  Tom Cruise as Lestat is one of the biggest casting failures of the twentieth century.  The film was saved by Kirsten Dunst as one evil little child.

Some trivia: 

Anne Rice wrote the story in 1976 with Rutger Hauer in mind as Lestat.
The role of Lestat was offered to Johnny Depp.
Tom Cruise had to stand on a box when he was next to the other vampires.

Offline oilgun

Re: "I" is Interview with the Vampire (1994)
« Reply #4748 on: August 20, 2008, 03:43:33 pm »
Brad starred with Tom in this sexless, artless drivel.  Tom Cruise as Lestat is one of the biggest casting failures of the twentieth century.  The film was saved by Kirsten Dunst as one evil little child.

Some trivia: 

Anne Rice wrote the story in 1976 with Rutger Hauer in mind as Lestat.
The role of Lestat was offered to Johnny Depp.
Tom Cruise had to stand on a box when he was next to the other vampires.

He may not have been the ideal person for the role but I was impressed with Tom Cruise as Lestat and believe me I'm hardly a fan of the freak.  I actually think Brad was the biggest casting mistake of the film.  He displayed the same deer-in-headlights style of acting that he gave us in the sleep-inducing MEET JOE BLACK. His range is limited.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: "I" is Interview with the Vampire (1994)
« Reply #4749 on: August 20, 2008, 04:01:25 pm »
He may not have been the ideal person for the role but I was impressed with Tom Cruise as Lestat and believe me I'm hardly a fan of the freak.  I actually think Brad was the biggest casting mistake of the film.  He displayed the same deer-in-headlights style of acting that he gave us in the sleep-inducing MEET JOE BLACK. His range is limited.

Fair enough.  At least Brad has some sex appeal, even if he doesn't really do much.   Tom Cruise has all the sex appeal of cold, congealed blood.

I blame Anne Rice!  She wrote the sexless screenplay; whereas parts of the novel smoldered.