Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2591766 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"H" is Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
« Reply #4900 on: September 02, 2008, 01:12:11 pm »
Paul Rudd starred in this sixth installment.

Plot:  Six years ago, Michael Myers terrorized the town of Haddonfield, Illinois. He and his niece, Jamie Lloyd, have disappeared. Jamie was kidnapped by a bunch of evil druids who protect Michael Myers. And now, six years later, Jamie has escaped after giving birth to Michael's child. She runs to Haddonfield to get Dr. Loomis to help her again. Meanwhile, the family that adopted Laurie Strode is living in the Myers house and are being stalked by Myers. It's the curse of Thorn that Michael is possessed by that makes him kill his family. And it's up to Tommy Doyle, the boy from Halloween, and Dr. Loomis, to stop them all.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:01:12 pm by southendmd »

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: ABCs at the Movies: The "All Paul" Round!
« Reply #4901 on: September 02, 2008, 01:36:27 pm »
h

"H" can be "How Does Dowsing Work", a youtube video by Paul H. Smith (probably John's brother)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYwn0c-euYE[/youtube]

( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"I" is I Love You, Man (2009)
« Reply #4902 on: September 02, 2008, 04:17:20 pm »
Paul = Paul Rudd

Plot:  Paul Rudd will [...] be starring in I Love You, Man [...] written and directed by John Hamburg.
The flick will centre on a man about to get married who actively seeks out a male friend to be his best man for the wedding.
Also thought to be starring in the flick will be Jason Segel for the Dreamworks comedy. 

==aside==
I was running out of Pauls!  I went through:  Paul Walker, Paul Newman, Paul Verhoeven, Paul Mazurski, Paul Giammati, Paul Lynde & Paul Bartel!   I had chosen a Paul Sorvino film when I noticed that Paul Rudd actually had two "I" movies that had never been played so I went with one of those because Paul Rudd is... well, cuter than Paul Sorvino, lol!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"J" is Journey Back to Oz (1974)
« Reply #4903 on: September 02, 2008, 04:27:42 pm »
The animated film "Journey Back to Oz" featured the voice of Paul Lynde.   

=aside=
We've also got Paul Bettany, Paul Haggis, Paul Lukas, Paul Muni, Paul Scofield, and Paul Reubens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"K" is Katie Tippel (1975)
« Reply #4904 on: September 02, 2008, 05:23:12 pm »
Katie Tippel (Dutch title: Keetje Tippel) is 1975 film by Paul Verhoeven. The film is based on the memoirs of Neel Doff (1858-1942) and was the most expensive Dutch film produced up to that time.

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

"L" is The Lazarus Project (2008)
« Reply #4905 on: September 02, 2008, 06:29:17 pm »
Paul = Paul Walker

I chose this title (aka: The Heaven Project) because I noticed that the DVD was released today.  Linda Cardellini also stars.

Synopsis  
With parole almost behind him, Ben (Paul Walker) can't believe how much he has to be thankful for: a beautiful wife, an adorable little girl and a steady paycheck. Life is good. But when he unexpectedly loses his job, Ben foolishly turns back to crime, joining his ex-con brother (Shawn Hatosy) in a robbery with deadly consequences. Suddenly facing a lethal injection, Ben must say goodbye to his family and prepare himself for the worst. But his death sentence isn't quite what it seems, as Ben regains consciousness near an eerie psychiatric ward, where he's told he's been hired as the groundskeeper. With the state of his soul in question, and the love for his wife and daughter all the more real and powerful, Ben must figure out if he's truly cheated death, or if he's become part of something far more sinister.

==ASIDE==

=aside=
We've also got Paul Bettany, Paul Haggis, Paul Lukas, Paul Muni, Paul Scofield, and Paul Reubens.

Thanks, that helps.   I can't believe I forgot about Pauls Bettany and Reubens and I did have to look up Pauls Scofield, Lukas and Muni.  As for Paul Haggis, he can stuff his thetans up his you-know-what...

PS: It's still socially acceptable to make fun or insult Scientologists, isn't it?  I mean, we can't make fun of Mormons anymore so I'm just wondering.. ;D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"M" is Meet the Deedles (1998)
« Reply #4906 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:33 pm »
Paul Walker stars.  Ahhhhh.  Well, maybe not his best work.

Plot:  Two surfers end up as Yellowstone park rangers and have to stop a former ranger who is out for revenge.

Offline oilgun

Re: "M" is Meet the Deedles (1998)
« Reply #4907 on: September 02, 2008, 07:33:53 pm »
Paul Walker stars.  Ahhhhh.  Well, maybe not his best work.

Plot:  Two surfers end up as Yellowstone park rangers and have to stop a former ranger who is out for revenge.

Paul Walker as a surfer?  Well, I guess I better add the title to my queue  ;)

EDIT:  Damn!  Zip.ca doesn't carry MEET THE DEEDLES, or THE LAZARUS PROJECT.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"N" is The Negotiator (1998)
« Reply #4908 on: September 02, 2008, 07:46:45 pm »
Paul Giamatti played Rudy Timmons in this film.

From IMDb:  Samuel L. Jackson is Danny Roman, a hot shot police negotiator and the man of the hour in the police department. One day he wakes up to find that he has been set up, and now the police are after him. In his panic, he takes control of a building. Knowing all the rules of negotiation, Danny asks for the only negotiator he can trust -- Chris Sabian (Kevin Spacey). When the police get itchy trigger fingers and want to go into the building shooting, Sabian finds that the only way he can save Danny Roman's life is to go in there and become his partner. Now the police have to deal with both of them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:24:29 pm by Fran »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"O" is The Outrage (1964)
« Reply #4909 on: September 02, 2008, 09:38:12 pm »
featuring Paul Newman!

Derived from the classic 1951 Japanese film Rashomon, director Martin Ritt's The Outrage attempts to modernize the original story of rape and murder, transporting from medieval Japan to the American Southwest of the 1870's. The story is told within the framework of three men waiting at a railway station. A con-man (Edward G. Robinson) listens to the account of a trial held recently in the town as told by a prospector (Howard Da Silva) and a preacher (William Shatner) suffering from a crisis of faith in humanity. Three witnesses at the trial of a Mexican outlaw give conflicting testimony. Each version is shown in flashback. The outlaw, Juan Carrasco (Paul Newman), confesses that he bound the husband (Laurence Harvey), raped the wife, and killed the husband in a duel of honor. The wife (Claire Bloom) claims that the outlaw raped her, and then she stabbed her husband when he contemptuously blamed her for inviting the assault. The third witness, an old Indian (Paul Fix), declares that he found the dying husband who stated that he stabbed himself because he couldn't live with the humiliation. As the story continues to unfold, the validity of each of the stories is questioned before the truth is finally revealed. ~ Matthew Tobey, All Movie Guide

==aside==

Okay, I'll admit it...I have always been a Paul Newman fan...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!