Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631786 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2470 on: February 01, 2007, 01:00:46 pm »
Hunh?  ???
Don't you get credit for posting, even if the post is later deleted?

;D..Sorry Jeff!  No credit for posting ..lol..
But you don't have to worry, your posts never get deleted.  Right? ..  ;D

moremojo

« Reply #2471 on: February 01, 2007, 02:15:31 pm »
A few people have their numbers dropping actually.
This is literally true for me. For reasons I don't understand, my number of posts has decreased slightly, at least twice. Most recently, for example, I logged off from the site (on Monday, January 29th) with 1,368 posts to my credit, and when I posted once today, noted that my number was at 1,366 ???.

I'm not deleting any posts myself; could someone explain?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2472 on: February 01, 2007, 02:23:59 pm »
This is literally true for me. For reasons I don't understand, my number of posts has decreased slightly, at least twice. Most recently, for example, I logged off from the site (on Monday, January 29th) with 1,368 posts to my credit, and when I posted once today, noted that my number was at 1,366 ???.

Interesting question, Scott.

Not being a size queen, I don't really care about my numbers.  ;D Except to be embarrassed by the large number, indicating I spend far too much of my life on this forum. Something like 25 days in the past year, I think?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2473 on: February 01, 2007, 02:30:40 pm »

Scott,

We mods often do a bit of behind the scenes cleaning up...consolidating threads, deleting posts that are terribly old or outdated...I know on Anything Goes, alot of the posts with pictures, the pictures have expired (so all you see is a box with an X) and Roland cleans those out. I try to keep things neat and tidy on the fanfic board. I know that Scott and Truman, as the new mods of Safe Haven, have been doing a fair amount of reorganizing. Maybe something got deleted there?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2474 on: February 01, 2007, 02:34:16 pm »

I don't know, Scott.  You don't have any posts in the Recycle Bin (an admin place where posts go when you or a mod delete).  I have a theory that periodic emptying of the Recycle Bin will reduce one's post count, but I can't say for sure and that wouldn't apply here anyhow.  I'll bring this up to the Admins, see if we can figure it out.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 03:15:09 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

moremojo

« Reply #2475 on: February 01, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »
I don't know, Scott.  You don't have any posts in the Recycle Bin (an admin place where posts go when you or a mod deletes).  I have a theory that periodic emptying of the Recycle Bin will reduce one's post count, but I can't say for sure and that wouldn't apply here anyhow.  I'll bring this up to the Admins, see if we can figure it out.
Yes, I do think it's at least partly some kind of glitch, as the second post I made today still left me with a figure of 1,366 posts (we'll see what happens after I submit this present one). Any inquiry that might solve the mystery would be much appreciated.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2476 on: February 01, 2007, 04:39:16 pm »
I don't know, Scott.  You don't have any posts in the Recycle Bin (an admin place where posts go when you or a mod delete).  I have a theory that periodic emptying of the Recycle Bin will reduce one's post count, but I can't say for sure and that wouldn't apply here anyhow.  I'll bring this up to the Admins, see if we can figure it out.

No, for sure it's not when the recycling bin gets emptied out. When posts, or threads are deleted, they automatically go to a temporary recycling bin and just as automatically, the post number of their posters are also immediately reduced. It doesn't happen when the recycling bin gets emtied out.

Very few of the deleted posts/threads in Anything Goes have affected active members. If more than a post from an active member gets deleted, I try ta offer an option (like transfering it to their personal blog, or in the case of an image, I ask the poster if he/she's interested in repairing the post) in lieu of deletion.

Guess I'm not deleting as much as I might, but a lot a the dead threads/posts are from former members who have had their membership ta BetterMost discontinued (they show up as "guests").
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:42:07 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline David

« Reply #2477 on: February 02, 2007, 07:09:58 am »
Friday Mornings Top Ten List!

injest  9169
Lucise  6083
Garry_LH  4720
MaineWriter  4585
Front-Ranger  4304

louisev  3445
Ellemeno  3246
DavidinHartford  3221

Fran  2582
David925  2540

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2478 on: February 02, 2007, 07:22:56 am »
16 degrees this morning. They are still predicting snow. We'll see...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2479 on: February 02, 2007, 09:52:06 am »
16 degrees this morning. They are still predicting snow. We'll see...

L

I don't think we got any last night. Think it literally stopped at the Delaware River. Ain't right. ...  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.