Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4602540 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2960 on: March 19, 2007, 12:52:05 am »
But...I love to have visits from David and his vagina!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Good one, Lee!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2961 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:55 am »
I know David is usually the one who posts bizarre airline news. Well, i just found this on CNN and couldn't help myself. I woundn't want this to happen to me!

Report: Man tells of first class flight with corpse
POSTED: 0654 GMT (1454 HKT), March 19, 2007

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- A passenger in first class woke up to a shock when he found himself sitting near a corpse on a British Airways flight, British newspapers reported on Monday.

Paul Trinder, 54, said cabin crew moved the body of the elderly woman from the economy section where she had died after take-off, the Mirror and Sun tabloids said.

"The corpse was strapped into the seat but because of turbulence it kept slipping down on to the floor," Trinder, a businessman, was quoted as saying. "It was horrific. The body had to be wedged in place with lots of pillows."

The woman's daughter was also upgraded and spent the rest of the nine-hour flight from Delhi to London grieving next to her dead mother, the Sun reported.

The Guardian newspaper said the incident happened last week.

British Airways has apologized for any distress suffered, according to the reports. The Mirror quoted BA as saying: "We apologize, but our crew were working in difficult circumstances and chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03/19/flight.corpse.reut/index.html
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2962 on: March 19, 2007, 08:02:27 am »
I know David is usually the one who posts bizarre airline news. Well, i just found this on CNN and couldn't help myself. I woundn't want this to happen to me!

Report: Man tells of first class flight with corpse
POSTED: 0654 GMT (1454 HKT), March 19, 2007

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- A passenger in first class woke up to a shock when he found himself sitting near a corpse on a British Airways flight, British newspapers reported on Monday.

Paul Trinder, 54, said cabin crew moved the body of the elderly woman from the economy section where she had died after take-off, the Mirror and Sun tabloids said.

"The corpse was strapped into the seat but because of turbulence it kept slipping down on to the floor," Trinder, a businessman, was quoted as saying. "It was horrific. The body had to be wedged in place with lots of pillows."

The woman's daughter was also upgraded and spent the rest of the nine-hour flight from Delhi to London grieving next to her dead mother, the Sun reported.

The Guardian newspaper said the incident happened last week.

British Airways has apologized for any distress suffered, according to the reports. The Mirror quoted BA as saying: "We apologize, but our crew were working in difficult circumstances and chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03/19/flight.corpse.reut/index.html

A FREE  first class upgrade? 

Lucky Stiff!

Offline David

« Reply #2963 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:15 am »
Mondays Top Ten List!!

injest  11260
Lucise  6584
Garry_LH  5864
MaineWriter  5369
Front-Ranger  5032

louisev  3522
David  3433
DavidnHartford  3404
Ellemeno  3090

Fran  2896

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2964 on: March 19, 2007, 08:13:21 am »
A FREE  first class upgrade? 

Lucky Stiff!

LOL. What I wonder is how the hell did they move the corpse to first class? Did they have the flight attendants actually carrying the woman? I don't think planes have wheelchairs on board do they?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #2965 on: March 19, 2007, 08:45:47 am »
Maybe the pilot just announced "Attention passengers.  If you look out your windows you'll see an amazing sunset tonight"    Then the flight crew quickly carries the body thru the cabin while everyone looks out the windows.

Good thing this didn't happen on a JetBlue flight that was sitting on the tarmack for several hours!  Can you hear the complaints now?   "We've been sitting on this plane so long people are expiring!"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2966 on: March 20, 2007, 04:05:46 am »
That reminds me of a story...

A few years ago, our local HS band was selected to march in the Rose Bowl parade. This was a really really big deal for lots of kids and their families, some of whom had never been out of the state of Maine. Entire families saved for months to be able to accompany their child on the trip and watch him/her in the parade.

On the day everyone was due to leave Los Angeles, one kid's grandma complained of not feeling too good. The family suggested postponing their delay, but grandma said "No, no, I've seen my grandson march in the Rose Bowl parade, I can die a happy woman." You can imagine what came next--shortly into the flight (non-stop, LA to Boston), grandma has a heart attack and dies. They did make an emergency landing in Las Vegas to get her (and the family) off the plane.

Yikes.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2967 on: March 20, 2007, 04:08:21 am »
Good morning everyone,

Greetings from Zeiskam, Germany! Sunny here today but it looks a little bit windy. Not sure of the temperature out there....

Chrissi and I were supposed to go to the American Cemetery in St. Avold, France, but that has been postponed for a day since her youngest child is running a fever. I have retreated, for the moment, back to bed wth my laptop on my knees. This is the life! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #2968 on: March 20, 2007, 08:51:30 am »
Tuesdays Top Ten List

injest  11286
Lucise  6593
Garry_LH  5872
MaineWriter  5387
Front-Ranger  5053
louisev  3524
David  3446
DavidnHartford  3411
Ellemeno  3105
Fran  2908

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2969 on: March 21, 2007, 02:40:54 am »
Off to St. Avold today. Clear blue sky looking out the window. It should be a pretty drive.

Report will be on my blog.

L