Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4602738 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3040 on: March 27, 2007, 05:31:03 pm »
18...count em...18...get the damn thing back

Scott, the guys are already working on it:

The little pic must be enough for now. You still have 17 to go.... ;D
I'm on my way to bed now, but I told the guys to have everything ready by tomorrow morning. Hope I won't be late by then  :).

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3041 on: March 27, 2007, 05:31:06 pm »
Nat, that's not quite true - there's also the no frontal nudity policy (as mentioned by dottie).

As far as individual moderating differences, there are visible rules posted

a) in "Welcome" threads at the top of many forums and occasionally

b) on the first post of individual threads.

Most problems have arisen because people were not aware that 'preferences' could, and are sometimes posted in either one or the other of those two locations.

I think the rules should be the same for the entire Bettermost community, and posted in the Bettermost Town Hall forum, where everyone can see them. There can't be rules for each forum, because is utterly confusing and create unecessary problems. If we want to have a peaceful and easy going community, the rules should apply for the whole community. That's my opinion.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3042 on: March 27, 2007, 05:42:18 pm »
I think the rules should be the same for the entire Bettermost community, and posted in the Bettermost Town Hall forum, where everyone can see them. There can't be rules for each forum, because is utterly confusing and create unecessary problems. If we want to have a peaceful and easy going community, the rules should apply for the whole community. That's my opinion.

Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't think the liberal language use found in fan fiction "should apply (in all areas of) the whole community". Nor do I think that an "Image only" rule, as requested in one a the cowboy threads need be applied anywhere else, but, at the same time, I don't want to prevent people who start new threads from askin for, and bein able ta expect such preferences ta be respected.

And then there's the "Safe Haven" forum - yet another special area that needs to be allowed a different set a rules ...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 05:45:09 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3043 on: March 27, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

The bottom line rules are the same, Natali, and they are:

1) No personal attacks
2) No frontal nudity

That really is the core of everything. Individual differences for different forums apply specifically to that forum. For example, in fanfic, we have guidelines about what is appropriate for critique of stories, how we hope that authors and readers will interact, etc. I don't consider them rules per se, more of providing a context for common understanding so that we are able to abide by the bottom line rules, as noted above.

I hope that helps.

Leslie
Moderator, Fanfic & Creative Writing
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3044 on: March 27, 2007, 05:52:33 pm »
Leslie not buying a Heath DVD?  :o  :o  :o

I'll never tell him. ...  ;)  ;D

Yes, don't tell. And don't tell him I have actually missed a bunch of his other movies, including The Patriot, Four Feathers, Brothers Grimm...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3045 on: March 27, 2007, 06:04:30 pm »
Yes, don't tell. And don't tell him I have actually missed a bunch of his other movies, including The Patriot, Four Feathers, Brothers Grimm...

L

I picked up Brothers Grimm, fer less than 10$, and was glad I did. He acts a lot more like Heath in that one, and there's a fun story in there too. (BTW, I too am a Heathen ... well sort of ...) How could I not pick it up ... I also really like Matt Damon

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3046 on: March 27, 2007, 06:09:59 pm »
But I thought Bettermost's policy was that any and all pictures were acceptable as long as there was no frontal nudity.

This giant misunderstanding comes about because of my demand that no unattractive shirtless men be posted here on BetterMost.  This is why I don't put pictures of myself without a shirt on around these parts.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, I think the best way we can deal with the thread in question here today is that we pretend nothing happened at all today.  Nothing administratively has changed around here, except the sheep I put up on the banner.

Let's not dwell on what ultimately was a misunderstanding.  I have been working on the presentation tonight for the past seven hours (it's amazing how long it takes to build an hour-long presentation), so people should focus on tonight!

The two rules that apply to every forum are already noted - no personal attacks and no frontal nudity.  The individual forum moderators can set certain policies for their respective forums (ie. rules for playing the ABC game, as an example), and those should be attached to the welcome message at the top of those forums.  I prefer the laidback approach and over the past year around here, we've rarely had to call the Sheriff to restore order.  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:13:23 pm by Phillip Dampier »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

moremojo

« Reply #3047 on: March 27, 2007, 06:27:14 pm »
I picked up Brothers Grimm, fer less than 10$, and was glad I did. He acts a lot more like Heath in that one, and there's a fun story in there too. (BTW, I too am a Heathen ... well sort of ...) How could I not pick it up ... I also really like Matt Damon

Matt Damon was one of the names I believe was bandied about once as a possible Ennis, and here he is looking like that Wyoming ranch hand! Matt sure is cute, but I'm not sure he would have invested the character with quite the depth that Heath displayed.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3048 on: March 27, 2007, 06:35:03 pm »
Matt Damon was one of the names I believe was bandied about once as a possible Ennis, and here he is looking like that Wyoming ranch hand! Matt sure is cute, but I'm not sure he would have invested the character with quite the depth that Heath displayed.

I agree ... one hunderd percent. NO ONE coulda done Ennis better. - Dif'rent, but not better.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3049 on: March 27, 2007, 06:42:04 pm »

L

The Patriot was the first Heath movie I saw. He's real purty in it, but I found some of the film preposterous (What can I say? I majored in early American history, and never mind Mel Gibson ...).

I missed The Four Feathers. I've heard it was done better a long time ago.

If you like Monty Python, I think you'd like The Brothers Grimm. I'm not a Python fan, and the movie turned out to be not quite my cup of tea, even with both Heath and Matt Damon in it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.