Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4602807 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7110 on: June 25, 2008, 01:44:32 pm »
I'm sure beautiful pictures of sunsets over Lake Winnepesaukee are a real treat to look at

BUT

after a day being cooped up in a windowless room I'm sure you're ready for this  ;):

I haven't seen this picture before. Have you?

Sweet dreams Leslie!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7111 on: June 26, 2008, 08:43:58 am »
I'm sure beautiful pictures of sunsets over Lake Winnepesaukee are a real treat to look at

BUT

after a day being cooped up in a windowless room I'm sure you're ready for this  ;):

I haven't seen this picture before. Have you?

Sweet dreams Leslie!

Ah, Fabienne, thank you, I needed that...

Notes from the conference room: at one point we all (5 of us) pulled out our laptops to write down our notes from the focus groups. Since we were sharing information we were moving from computer to computer and we got talking about people's wallpaper on their homepage. Two people had nothing (generic background), one person had a picture of her son, the other person had a picture of her nieces and nephews, and I have this...

They all looked at me like they were not sure whether to laugh or what....LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7112 on: June 26, 2008, 08:48:17 am »
Morning all,

72 degrees in Maine, lovely weather, I am sure, while I am facing another windowless, weatherless day in the conference room!

One good thing...we discovered the computer in the room is hooked up to a "smart board," which is an interactive white board. I had never seen one of these before and it is very, very cool. Andrea (one of my team members) and I wasted alot of time playing with this thing...

http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/SMART+Boards/Front+Projection/600+Series/Default.htm

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7113 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:53 am »
Bonjour !

Offline optom3

« Reply #7114 on: June 26, 2008, 11:07:53 pm »
Yikes!  Hang in there Bud.  The windowless room definitely sounds dreary.

To make you feel better, I spent 20 years of my life 5 days per week in a windowless or blacked out room.Eye exam rooms if they have windows have them blacked out.You need to be able to have it completely dark for part of the exam.
Some days I would arrive on a dark winter morning, eat lunch in my room,in between patients and then leave in the dark.No daylight all day.
It is really not surprising I have a) become so odd latterly and b) love to be in Florida where I live outside pretty well all year!!!!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7115 on: June 27, 2008, 08:28:19 am »
Morning all,

Still exiled in Illinois but I go home today. Yeah! My gizmo tells me it is 64 degrees at home. Warm and sunny here.

This has been an interesting week but I am looking forward to getting back near the ocean. I miss the water!

L

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7116 on: June 27, 2008, 08:29:23 am »
Bonjour !

Be happy and safe !!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7117 on: June 27, 2008, 04:28:08 pm »
Morning all,

Still exiled in Illinois but I go home today. Yeah! My gizmo tells me it is 64 degrees at home. Warm and sunny here.

This has been an interesting week but I am looking forward to getting back near the ocean. I miss the water!

L

Safe travels, L :)

I AM at the ocean, and swimming in there daily at the moment :D.

But damn, I have to vent today. our holidays are great, weather, ocean, hotel couldn't be better, but....

I'm so fed up with bad hings happening to us! >:( We really are on a streak of bad luck.

Sunday the fish tank burst, as you already know.

Guess who stood without photo-ID at the airport on Monday? - Me >:(
I had taken my ID card with me, but it was expired. Damn, they are good for ten years and mine was expired just a few weeks (since some time in May). Ack! Bad thing was we were about to fly to Turkey. Other countries aren't *that* fussy, but Egypt and Turkey are the two countries who really insist on a valid ID-Card or passport.
My passport was lying at home. After much nerve-wrecking hassle, negotiations and phone-calls, my brother-in-law managed to bring it to me just in time. My family was already checked in and through securitiy, without knowing if I would make it on the plane :-\.

Next thing, our plane was late (so the time for bringing the passport and checking in was not that curt, but that was not to be foreseeen). They spilled kerosin on the airplane while fuelling. The mess had to be cleaned and then they had to try to fuel up again, this time very carefully. *umpf* I think I would have had a more peaceful flight without knowing this. :-\

The next morning (Tuesday) we were in the pool for the very first time and my oldest daughter cut her foot really badly :(. A deep cut. It's Friday night now and it still bleeds a little bit every now and then, and she still barely can walk, and of course, not go into the water. Poor girl is itting in the shadow all day, reading. I so feel for her!
We had a nurse and a MD look after the foot, but both said it doesn't need stitches. Just wait it out. Easy to say for them, but hard to take for a twelve year old, watching us having fun all day. My poor baby. I hope she will be able to swim and walk the second week of our holidays.

Wednsday was quiet, but Thursday my little son ran a fever. Nothing really bad, but I am so fed up!
Even though we were lucky that none of those things didn't turn out worse, I want to enjoy the rest of our vacation without anything happening.

Thanks for listening, folks. Wish us more luck from now on, will ya?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7118 on: June 27, 2008, 06:50:41 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear your vacation is getting off to a bad start Chrissi. I hope things will start going much more smoothly for you and your family. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

« Reply #7119 on: June 27, 2008, 08:13:51 pm »
Oh you are having a rough time of it.We stopped all holidays for 1 year as we had a run of them when one or other of he kids was ill.Infections, temperatures, cuts etc.I have seen emergency rooms in most of Europes holiday spots.I have got french/English, Italian/English, Spanish/English Greek/English  dictionaries, you name it.All so I could try and communicate the various ailments to in different countries.I still remember it vividly!!!
Te one year we went nowhere, oldest fell out of a tree and broke arm and ankle, and daughter tripped on kitchen tiles and cracked her front tooth in half, right to the nerve, which meant hospital and tooth and nerve out.
If I go on holiday next week you will probably have a wonderful uneventful time. So I will do my best.Failing that I hope next week runs a little smoother for you!!!!