Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4602698 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7510 on: August 08, 2008, 06:11:50 am »
Morning all,

Rain, thunder and lightning and 63 degrees. I might go back to bed...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7511 on: August 08, 2008, 06:41:30 am »
Morning all,

L

We'll, if it's any consolation Leslie, we're having the same weather over here (no thunder as yet but it looks like it might).  :(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #7512 on: August 08, 2008, 08:33:34 am »
The sun is shining, it will be a beautiful day. Big hug to everyone.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7513 on: August 08, 2008, 08:35:08 am »
Morning all,

L

What is it about the weather in New England this summer?  ???

At 6:00 this morning it was 60F in Philadelphia.  :o  On my way into work I noticed that the sky was a clear blue, not even a hint of a wisp of cloud, a sure indication that the atmosphere is dry.

I'm realizing that as I get older I have less and less tolerance for high heat and high humidity.

I don't much like winter's damp grayness, either, but at least when the weather is cold, you can always add more layers of clothing. When the weather is excessively hot and humid, you can only strip down so far. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7514 on: August 08, 2008, 08:54:21 am »
We have had a really lousy summer, weather-wise, that is for sure! I'm with you Jeff, the heat and humidity just wears me out.

One thing about a rainy summer, I am getting alot of reading done. I mentioned this book over in the ebook files, but I'll mention it here, since it is a perfect beach or rainy day read--a good mystery with a sexy romance thrown in. Fun!

L. A. Heat by P. A. Brown. You can buy it at Mobipocket.com or Amazon.com (Kindle version at amazon, mobipocket has other formats).

If you don't have an ereader, no problem! You can download Mobipocket reader at mobipocket.com (it's free) and then read on your computer or laptop. Of course, you can't take the laptop to the beach...

Here are the links:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/BookDetails.asp?BookID=89507&Origine=4065

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CC8Q7Y/

If anyone reads it and wants to leave a review at amazon or mobipocket, that would be great!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7515 on: August 08, 2008, 08:58:55 am »
Does this mean that the fall leavese will be brilliant and long-lasting? I'll be in New England the last week of October, and I'm hoping they'll still be beautiful then!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7516 on: August 08, 2008, 09:01:40 am »
Bonjour, nice and cool always here and fresh !

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #7517 on: August 08, 2008, 09:15:03 am »
Does this mean that the fall leavese will be brilliant and long-lasting? I'll be in New England the last week of October, and I'm hoping they'll still be beautiful then!

That's the old adage, FRiend.  Lotsa rain means lotsa color.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7518 on: August 08, 2008, 09:23:49 am »

The last week of October is pushing it. I always think of Columbus day as the peak of foliage season.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7519 on: August 08, 2008, 09:24:27 am »
I was picking very rare wild blueberries in the forest, backyard of a new friend, yesterday, but all of a sudden I was surprised by loud noises !

I thought that it was the city blasting rock in order to enlarge the highway, but when I looked up in the sky, I realised that it was roaring thunder since a very black cloud was nearing, in a very clear sky !

So, I decided that since I was among trees which have much water, that I did not want to possibly get electrocuted, so I left the mosquitos behind and tried to rush out, but I became scared being somewhat lost. I managed to find my way out!

It rain cats and dogs, and unsually, are the sudden rains cold this year they are, and so less fruits now !

Anyone finding less fruits than other years to be picked, or none at all now in 2008 ? ?