Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4676573 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7880 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:24 am »
Bonjour...

au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7881 on: September 04, 2008, 09:39:14 am »
Hanna had been a hurricane but was downgraded to a tropical storm Tuesday morning. The storm is expected to regain hurricane status at some point.

At 5 a.m. Tuesday, the National Hurricane Center predicted that the most-likely path for Hanna would bring the storm onshore near Charleston, S.C. However, forecasters warned that the storm could make landfall anywhere from the east coast of Florida northward, including along the Georgia coast.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/09/01/hanna_georgia_prepares.html

Well selfishly for me that is good news.I am on the west coast.I do know at least 2 Bettermost members are on the East coast .I hope for their sake and everyone else,it turns out to be less of a problem than predicted.
It does seem to be pretty busy out there in the Atlantic though.

Offline optom3

« Reply #7882 on: September 04, 2008, 09:46:33 am »
Greetings folks. 
Haven't posted here in a while.  :)

I recently came home from a short visit to Rockport, Gloucester & Boston, Massachusetts.
Loved the weather, the town, the people, the beach.  Ah.. loved the beach!

On my way there, I had to fly thru Toronto to Boston (the flight time is about 1 hour, 5 mins).  That was quite an adventure...

First, the flight was delayed for 45 mins.  No problem.
Then when we were airborne and flying for 30 mins, we were told that the engine was not de-icing properly.  So we turned around and went back to Toronto. 
An hour and a half later, we were back on the plane and in line for take off...

One row away from us, there is a mother with her 4-year old daughter.  The little girl is screaming her head off, refusing to keep her seat belt on.  You could tell that this kid always gets what she wants.  The stewardess comes by and tries to talk to the mother over the screams.  We are told that we can not take off until ALL the passengers are seated AND belted in.  30 mins roll by.  The other passengers are growing restless.  A few people, myself included, go over there to see if we can calm the child down, seeing as her mom was totally helpless.  No such luck.  45 mins roll by.  More screaming, even more aggravated passengers. lol.  The stewardess tells the pilot to return to the gate so that the mother and her daughter can be taken off.  After much drama and insults and the woman refusing to get off the aircraft, she & her child are finally taken off.  Phew.  We get ready to take off again when there comes another announcement - 'Due to the time wasted idling, we have to refuel the aircraft before we leave'.  Another hour waiting.  Yikes.  Just like that, an hour long flight turned into 5 hours.
Those of us who had connected from other flights were pretty much starving by the time the little packets of crackers came along. LOL. 

Much drama, but when I got to Rockport and took in a deep breath of moist ocean air, I knew it was worth it!  8)

That sounds like one hell of a trip. I used to give my kids anti histamines before flying.I know bad mom. but it calmed them down, which was good news for passengers and parents.I would have been mortified if one of mine had behaved like that.
We only ever had one rocky flight, when my daughter got really bad ear ache on dsecent,turned out she had an ear infection.Even then she just did that silent sort of crying.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7883 on: September 04, 2008, 12:04:05 pm »
Hi folks!

Yeah, the weather was wonderful.  And it was definitely warm enough for sunbathing and swimming the days I went.  :)

One more pic from Rockport harbour...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7884 on: September 04, 2008, 11:46:02 pm »
Bonsoir à toutes et tous!

Happy dreams !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7885 on: September 05, 2008, 06:39:08 am »
Good morning everyone!   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7886 on: September 05, 2008, 09:24:42 am »
Bonjour... c'est la pluie ici aujourd'hui !

That rain is heavier now... this morning!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7887 on: September 05, 2008, 09:26:46 am »
Good morning everyone!   ;D

Good morning back ! In fact extremely good morning,the puupy seems to have finally learned some bladder and bowel control.I got up tody and did not have to spend the first half hour hosing down the floor.
That's 2 mornings now so I am feeling very hopeful. !!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7888 on: September 05, 2008, 09:37:34 am »
Morning all,

A beautiful morning here...70 degrees and breezy. Just wonderful.

Yesterday, summer returned (briefly) with a high of 90 degrees. Ugh...hot and sticky, not my cup of tea.

Tomorrow's weather report will come to you from Basel, Switzerland! Not sure what time I'll be online, though...LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7889 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:22 am »
S.V.P., do try to communicate from there to us... please!