Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4676550 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8110 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:45 am »
*waves*

good morning!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8111 on: September 17, 2008, 10:04:34 am »
Bonjour et, félicitations à toutes et à tous !!

Have a safe and wonderful day !

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8112 on: September 17, 2008, 10:46:52 am »

Congrats Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8113 on: September 17, 2008, 11:44:43 am »
good lord, I guess I HAVE been posting a lot in the Election forum!  THANKS GUYS! *and gals!*
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8114 on: September 18, 2008, 12:51:42 am »
Morning all,

5 degrees here in Basel this morning! Another chilly day.

My daughter Hannah is on the plane and on her way to Frankfurt where Chrissi will be meeting her in a few hours. I rendez-vous with both of them in Mannheim tomorrow (at 12:22 pm to be exact). It is hard to believe I have been here two weeks! Time flies when you are having fun!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8115 on: September 18, 2008, 01:00:25 am »
Swiss Cuisine

What is Switzerland famous for? Cheese, of course! So on Monday we had cheese fondue and Tuesday we had raclette. Yesterday we had "toasts" which is my hostess's "favorite" and a German delicacy invented by her mother. Let me share the recipe:

Toasts

Serving per person: 2 toasts

This recipe is easily multiplied. The instructions below are for one toast. Make as many has you have guests--in fact, make extra. People will gobble them up.

Take one slice of white bread. On it, place one slice of gouda cheese. Take one half banana and halve again (lengthwise). Place on the cheese, cut side down. Take one small hot dog and halve lengthwise. Place on top of the banana. Take one-half slice of bacon and lay it neatly on top of the hot dog. Repeat as necessary for however many toasts you are making.

Arrange the toasts on a cookie sheet. Place under a preheated broiler and cook until the bacon is crisp, the edges of the bread are toasted, and the cheese looks sort of melted. Serve immediately. Goes well with beer.

~~~~

Believe it or not, I ate two of these things! They weren't so bad, either (and I am not usually a fan of bacon and banana combinations). All I could think was, "I wonder if Elvis ever ate one of these?"

My hostess told me you can substitute tomato for the bacon but then it is just turning into a variation on a BLT. The banana is much more European.

I would have taken a picture, but that seemed a little rude at the dinner table. LOL

Enjoy!

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8116 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:58 am »
Swiss Cuisine

What is Switzerland famous for? Cheese, of course! So on Monday we had cheese fondue and Tuesday we had raclette. Yesterday we had "toasts" which is my hostess's "favorite" and a German delicacy invented by her mother. Let me share the recipe:

Toasts

Serving per person: 2 toasts

This recipe is easily multiplied. The instructions below are for one toast. Make as many has you have guests--in fact, make extra. People will gobble them up.

Take one slice of white bread. On it, place one slice of gouda cheese. Take one half banana and halve again (lengthwise). Place on the cheese, cut side down. Take one small hot dog and halve lengthwise. Place on top of the banana. Take one-half slice of bacon and lay it neatly on top of the hot dog. Repeat as necessary for however many toasts you are making.

Arrange the toasts on a cookie sheet. Place under a preheated broiler and cook until the bacon is crisp, the edges of the bread are toasted, and the cheese looks sort of melted. Serve immediately. Goes well with beer.

~~~~

Believe it or not, I ate two of these things! They weren't so bad, either (and I am not usually a fan of bacon and banana combinations). All I could think was, "I wonder if Elvis ever ate one of these?"

My hostess told me you can substitute tomato for the bacon but then it is just turning into a variation on a BLT. The banana is much more European.

I would have taken a picture, but that seemed a little rude at the dinner table. LOL

Enjoy!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That sounds like an 'interesting' gastronomical experience. Maybe you'll have many more of these 'german delicacies' in the coming days...

And LOL at the banana being so much more european!  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8117 on: September 18, 2008, 01:36:59 am »

And LOL at the banana being so much more european!  ;D

Yes, that made me LOL too :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8118 on: September 18, 2008, 03:50:51 am »
Oh wow!  I had no idea I'd reached 10,000 posts, til I read it here.  :laugh:  That was startling.  :)

Thanks for all the congrats, but Fabienne, while I appreciate the giant flag with "10000" on it, Kelda's little dish of chocolate mousse is even more enticing.  :)

And Meryl and Mikaela have a lovely time!  And Leslie and Hannah!  And all the lovely hostesses!

:-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8119 on: September 18, 2008, 03:53:28 am »

You mean like this with partition walls and 'rooms' completely furnitered, even with fake TVs and fake rows of books?

That's what all furniture stores do over here. At least in Germany, don't know about other countries.

Hi Chrissi, that's not exactly what I meant.  I actually mean they create a whole tiny apartment, including kitchen, bathroom, separate bedrooms (maybe), and show how with clever storage, and multiple uses, it doesn't take much space for one or more people to live.