Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4602955 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9180 on: January 06, 2009, 10:05:02 am »
Temperature is friggin cold :P. And overcast sky.

-4°C at the moment (24 F). And we're the lucky ones in a mild region of Germany. Other regions had -25°C last night (-13°F)! :o
In my region, they also expect colder temps. It will go down to -14°C (6°F) the next nights. Brrr.

On the bright side: it snowed yesterday! :D For the first time in years, real snow, not only three flakes as usual. The kids were happy and built a small snowman:

As you see in the pic, many BetterMostians would laugh about this amount of snow. But for us it's more than we're used to :laugh:.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9181 on: January 06, 2009, 10:50:48 am »

Awwwww. She's so cute. I love black cats. Well, I love all cats, but am allergic to some. And of course my Bonnie was black. Therefore black ones are my favs  :).

And yay for getting a cat from a shelter :D.

How do Chester and Sootie get along?

So far, so good. Chester had a cat in his former family so to him, she's no big deal. Sootie likes to hiss and him and get her dander up, but mostly she ignores him.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9182 on: January 06, 2009, 11:00:35 am »
MW, congrats on the new addition to your family!

Chrissi, congrats on snow!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9183 on: January 06, 2009, 01:35:58 pm »
MW, congrats on the new addition to your family!

Chrissi, congrats on snow!

Something white in Europe and something black in the Americas for the New Year...does that mean it will be a Yin/Yang kind of year? I hope so!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9184 on: January 06, 2009, 03:03:05 pm »
Aww, sooty is cute and looks my old cat called sooty!

and bbbrrr Fabienne!- i thought it was cold here at -5!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #9185 on: January 06, 2009, 04:16:59 pm »
Oh my god, Fabienne! I didn't realize Belgium got that cold! Is that unusually cold for you all over there? It's almost that cold here too. We have an ice storm coming as well!

Let's build a fire and bundle up under some warm blankets! :)

Hey David, I'm now wrapped up under a blanket! Very nice. But I really dread groing out in this weather. And as I'm a horse owner since August, I have to go to the stables almost every day to take care of my horse. And when it's cold here, it's really freezing over there. I watched a riding lesson last Saturday and by the end of the 1 hour lesson, there was a thick mist in the paddock  :o  The horses were giving off steam like steam boats. Unbelievable.

Temperatures this low are not common here (thank god for that). We usually get some snow, and mostly wet grey winters, but this is something else.

It is very pretty though.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9186 on: January 06, 2009, 04:23:33 pm »
Temperature is friggin cold :P. And overcast sky.

-4°C at the moment (24 F). And we're the lucky ones in a mild region of Germany. Other regions had -25°C last night (-13°F)! :o
In my region, they also expect colder temps. It will go down to -14°C (6°F) the next nights. Brrr.

On the bright side: it snowed yesterday! :D For the first time in years, real snow, not only three flakes as usual. The kids were happy and built a small snowman:

As you see in the pic, many BetterMostians would laugh about this amount of snow. But for us it's more than we're used to :laugh:.

Cute snowman Chrissi!

It started snowing here Sunday night, but by the time my kids got back from school on Monday evening, there had already been so much frost, the snow was frozen and it was already too dark and cold to go out and make a snowman. I'm glad they got to make one in school.

I love seeing their faces when they come in after playing in the snow, all bundled up with cold noses and red cheeks!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9187 on: January 06, 2009, 04:31:43 pm »
I know, I know, three posts in a row...what am I doing?  ;D

Morning all,

25 degrees and lots of bright sun here in Maine this morning.

Hannah and I went to the Shelter and adopted a cute little cat on Saturday. We've named her Sootie (I think you can tell why from the pictures). She is very sweet. Weigh 3.8 pounds. She was abandoned at a vet's office 5 days before Christmas  :(

Fantastic Leslie! She's adorable, and I love the name.

hang on, my husband is coming down the stairs, I'll show him the pictures too.

yep, he agrees, she's very cute. A bit small, but I guess she's still very young? It looks like she's already very settled. And hooray for getting a shelter cat.

Congratulations!  :)  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9188 on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:42 pm »

Fantastic Leslie! She's adorable, and I love the name.

hang on, my husband is coming down the stairs, I'll show him the pictures too.

yep, he agrees, she's very cute. A bit small, but I guess she's still very young? It looks like she's already very settled. And hooray for getting a shelter cat.

Congratulations!  :)  :)

She is supposedly 3 years old so I assume full grown. She's just a very petite little girl!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9189 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:48 pm »

Congrats on the new cat Leslie!!  She really is beautiful!  As you know, I'm a huge fan of black cats.  Vivien is 3 years old too, so the same age as your new one.  And, Vivien is quite petite too.  Great job rescuing her, what a great thing to do for the New Year!

Things are rainy and icy here in Pittsburgh and I have a dreadful cold.  I stayed home from work yesterday, and this morning I tried to go into work only to turn right around and come home by 11 am.  I think I'm going to stay home again tomorrow.  I'm just a gross mess at the moment. 
 :-\ :P

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie