Author Topic: Congrats to Jake and Heath for MTV Movie Award wins  (Read 27721 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: Congrats to Jake and Heath for MTV Movie Award wins
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2006, 06:20:12 pm »
Have you been good boys and girls?...Most likely not, but I will show you anyway cause I am good to you lot.
It is a clip of the other part of Jake's acceptance speach.( I knew he couldn't be serious for longer than 30 seconds about it.) The clip isn't that good quality but the sound is pretty sharp.
http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=19506&sy=smh&source=undefined&t=3ICQSM&player=wm6&rate=68&flash=0&ie=0

For all of you that for some reason can't see or hear the wonderful Jake, here is what he says in the clip:

"You know I said to Heath er... who's not here er..., I'm speaking on both of our behalves but I said to him after we finished the scene that you saw "If we don't win the MTV Movie award for 'Best Kiss', then it wasn't worth it!" *Briliantly deadpaned-what Jake does best* ....It's worth is now!"

Then obviously he said the thing about " Thank you, not just from me but from all those people struggling with love, which is all of us, as we continue to." Unless that was from the performance one, which I doubt it but anyway.

Have I mentioned to you all lately how cute Jake is and that I love him- god Jake look what you have done! You have turned my into a Fangirl! >:( ;D

Ps. I was just watching the season Finale of ER and Linda Cardellini's hair is so like Cassie's so I am guessin that is about the time she filmed it.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2006, 08:10:02 pm »
Isn't there some rumors about Spacey being gay? I thought there was an interview where he pretty much owned up to it. Doesn't really matter cuz he's a great actor, but I'm sure he's looking at Jake and thinking "let's re-enact the kiss!"

I think Kevin is well and truly out these days RF!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2006, 01:38:11 am »
Yippieee! Tai-yai-yay! Yippie tai yai yay! This makes my day. Thanks for the extra clip Becky--and hope your trip was fabulous! I'll look for your report that must be around here somewhere, right?

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2006, 03:39:36 am »
Yeah it's here somewhere, maybe a few pages back. It's called "Weather's here...Wish you were beautiful!". I haven't finished with it yet cause I haven't posted that I am back yet, so everyone's like,"What? Does this mean you are back?" I also need to post the pictures on it.

I love that clip!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2006, 12:15:40 pm »
LOL!

I like Kevin Spacey, but here he looks kinda needy..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2006, 02:10:15 pm »
More light hearted captions for pictures of Jake G. for the best kiss award.

http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/981210.html

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
MTV edited Jake's speech about searching for love - the nerve a them!
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2006, 09:02:31 pm »
This came from someone over at LiveJournal:

Jake's Best Kiss Acceptance Speech
I could swear that on Sunday morning when I watched a vid clip of his acceptance speech that he ended with a line like "As we continue to do." Did anyone else notice it was missing? Have I gone crazy? Does anyone have one of those links to the awards show clips that came out right away after they were filmed - I don't remember where I found them? Is there some reason they might have edited a bit of his speech? I hope I'm remembering it correctly and won't end up looking like a nut!

UPDATE: I'm not a nut! I went and searched out the link: http://tinyurl.com/zo7uf He does end with "Uh...As we continue to." I wonder if he asked them to leave it out? It seems very odd.

there is a whole thread over there discussing this, good comments, in case anyone is interested,  http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/990905.html

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2006, 09:45:35 pm »
I posted this in the MTV MOVIE AWARDS thread too, but I thought I'd post it here too...

Does anyone have an inside track over at imdb?  I was just checking that amazing chart of award wins and nominations near the bottom of the main Brokeback Mountain info page and I noticed that they haven't updated the situation for the MTV Movie Awards... It still just says "nominated" for the best kiss and best performance.  How long does it usually take over there for things to get updated?  If this remains wrong for too long, I'll begin to get worried about the statistics and info over there in general.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2006, 09:50:03 pm »
I posted this in the MTV MOVIE AWARDS thread too, but I thought I'd post it here too...

Does anyone have an inside track over at imdb?  I was just checking that amazing chart of award wins and nominations near the bottom of the main Brokeback Mountain info page and I noticed that they haven't updated the situation for the MTV Movie Awards... It still just says "nominated" for the best kiss and best performance.  How long does it usually take over there for things to get updated?  If this remains wrong for too long, I'll begin to get worried about the statistics and info over there in general.

It took IMDb three weeks to finally update it when BBM won the GLAAD Award....it will happen...its just SLOOOOOOW!