Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3133377 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6780 on: November 15, 2006, 10:15:37 am »
You know what part I love to read, over and over? Their first day together, from when Ennis meets Ellery...running around, going out to lunch, Ellery getting to know Ennis. I love that section.

Leslie

oh, me too Leslie.
i think i know it practically by heart by now!

Ennis: "Man, Ellery"
Ellery:" Yep, all man, wanna see?"

i looooove that line!  ;D  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6781 on: November 15, 2006, 10:17:02 am »
You know what part I love to read, over and over? Their first day together, from when Ennis meets Ellery...running around, going out to lunch, Ellery getting to know Ennis. I love that section.

Leslie

Yep and that first pass  Ennis made at Ellery in the Rose Hotel, and the first time he tasted decent scotch at Ellerys house..he couldnt get over the fact it was 15 year old whisky lol..bless him. The time he gave him a bath....*SIGH* Right I shall be here ALL day if I keep on lol, theres so much I could quote but if I do that, I,ll paste the enitire series here again lol. ;D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6782 on: November 15, 2006, 10:17:13 am »
You mentioned that word again Louise.......finished. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  *SIGH* Do you know my eyes feel gritty,so although you shouldnt really wish your day away I,m kind of looking forward to seeing my duvet lol. And if I get caught in another traffic jam tonight I shall scream and have road rage.  >:( >:(

Don't even talk to me about traffic jams, road works and road rage, I seem to have an incident every time I go and come back from work.  I never thought I'd have it in me to commit a crime, but I find it that I have no problems thinking of various ways to cause pain to certain drivers!!!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6783 on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:56 am »
Oh my word, Souxi, I keep thinking I should start printing out the LS from the beginning, cos I want to keep it and read it whenever I feel like it, but god, it will take me a lifetime! lol  Not to mention a few trees and ink cartridges!!! lol  

Louise, will you be keeping your lj open once LS has finished so we can access it and read through the story from the beginning again?

I sure hope so, I,ve got a lot of printing to do yet....before it,s...you know....finished. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6784 on: November 15, 2006, 10:19:51 am »
Yep and that first pass  Ennis made at Ellery in the Rose Hotel, and the first time he tasted decent scotch at Ellerys house..he couldnt get over the fact it was 15 year old whisky lol..bless him. The time he gave him a bath....*SIGH* Right I shall be here ALL day if I keep on lol, theres so much I could quote but if I do that, I,ll paste the enitire series here again lol. ;D

Oh god, I love that first pass souxi!!!  *sigh*   I love it when Ennis puts Ellery's hand on him and whispers "I do want it"....that was just...gorgeous.  I love that whole scene, the build up, how gentle Ellery is with him, the attraction Ennis feels for Ellery, but feeling totally confused at the same time.  

*sigh and swoon*

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6785 on: November 15, 2006, 10:26:52 am »

Me too! I love the meeting up between these two and have read and reread Taking Chances many times because of it. As you re- read, you also pick up more about the evolution of the relationship. In the early days Ennis gave Ellery hell if he covered up his back pain and treated him pretty callously at times in my view. Later on when Ellery stuffs up his back he is much more philosophical and forgiving and just sets about giving him a back rub and extra TLC. It's the emotional equivalent of slowing consuming a bar of chocolate.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:30:15 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6786 on: November 15, 2006, 10:47:39 am »
wow, the way you guys talk about the initial romantic relationship and how it got started, sets me all aglow, and believe me, it's a good thing!

Looking at my watch, I have barely an hour to go before I can go get my arthritis pills!

Here's a kick in the head for you all... I got contacted about a project starting right away in... Portland, Maine!  Right in Leslie's neighborhood!  Now imagine what six or seven weeks in Leslieland might do to me, inspiration wise?  Or to both of us?  When we were in London for that bare two days, both of us got a lot done on our respective series.  So the question is.... will the Dynamic Duo be closeted together over Christmas scheming over what is to come post-Saga?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:52:50 am by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6787 on: November 15, 2006, 10:49:17 am »
Here's another quote I love:

You matter ta me, too Ennis. With or without the sex. Just lying here holdin you is more lovin than I ever thought I would see again.

Sigh....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6788 on: November 15, 2006, 10:51:21 am »
wow, the way you guys talk about the initial romantic relationship and how it got started, sets me all aglow, and believe me, it's a good thing!

Looking at my watch, I have barely an hour to go before I can go get my arthritis pills!

Here's a kick in the head for you all... I got contacted about a project starting write away in... Portland, Maine!  Right in Leslie's neighborhood!  Now imagine what six or seven weeks in Leslieland might do to me, inspiration wise?  Or to both of us?  When we were in London for that bare two days, both of us got a lot done on our respective series.  So the question is.... will the Dynamic Duo be closeted together over Christmas scheming over what is to come post-Saga?

If Louise were to end up here in Portland, I would remind everyone of Tom Lawrence's philosophy: There are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6789 on: November 15, 2006, 10:52:09 am »
Another milestone:

After finding out that there were nearly 30 people just here on Bettermost reading and following the Saga, I put RiteCounter on my website back at the end of September.  And looking at it today:

99,972 hits by 14,827 hosts since 24 September.  The counter will roll over 100,000 hits in the next hour!  Can't beat that with a stick.  Once again, thank you all who are reading, for your wonderful comments and enjoyment of the Laramie Saga.

And yes... Ellery is going to remember to nag Ennis to go to the ear doctor.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”