Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3130988 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6890 on: November 16, 2006, 09:12:30 am »
I love that too...so I'll get to see Ellery's, sorry Hugh's bare chest tonight....oh my, is it time to go home yet?  ;)

Not yet hon - but anticipation is half the fun!   ;D

Have a wonderful birthday. Pity the weather here is so pants (there's that word again).

Karen

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6891 on: November 16, 2006, 09:14:47 am »
Nope I still cant see it, everyone else but not mine. I,ve refreshed the page over and over and I still cant see my gorgeous Ellery. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6892 on: November 16, 2006, 09:16:14 am »
Happy birthday Christie!

Enjoy Hugh for me!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6893 on: November 16, 2006, 09:18:42 am »
Nope I still cant see it, everyone else but not mine. I,ve refreshed the page over and over and I still cant see my gorgeous Ellery. :'( :'( :'( :'(

you may want to log out delete the cookies for your browser, and then log back in again.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6894 on: November 16, 2006, 09:19:11 am »
Happy birthday Christie.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:20:50 am by souxi »

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6895 on: November 16, 2006, 09:29:58 am »
Well I,ve deleted cookies but all its done is ruin my favourites list lol and I still cant see my avatar. >:( Why? It was perfectly ok until today. God knows why, I give up. I shall end up throwing my pc out of the window soon. :'( :'(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6896 on: November 16, 2006, 09:44:41 am »
Well I,ve deleted cookies but all its done is ruin my favourites list lol and I still cant see my avatar. >:( Why? It was perfectly ok until today. God knows why, I give up. I shall end up throwing my pc out of the window soon. :'( :'(

Awwwwwww  :-*

*I* can see him perfectly well!!!  :P

;D

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #6897 on: November 16, 2006, 09:46:06 am »

The issue isn't with your cookies, it's with your browser cache or your ISP.  If you empty your temporary Internet files (or browser cache), it will delete all of the images it has been storing up so that instead of having the site resend you picture files you already have, it will just load them off your computer.  Unfortunately, if a picture changes, it can sometimes take days before your browser will actually notice something has changed and transfer the new one.  Sometimes you can bypass this by refreshing the browser page, but not always.

Some ISPs keep copies of our content cached on their own computers, and this can be aggravating because sometimes you won't see new messages or changes as quickly as others will.  There is nothing you can really do about this unless you change Internet providers.

I'd start by emptying your browser cache (not your cookies or favorites) and then refresh the page and see if that works. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6898 on: November 16, 2006, 09:55:06 am »
yeah, browser cache!  that's what I meant all along!

;D

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6899 on: November 16, 2006, 09:58:09 am »
The issue isn't with your cookies, it's with your browser cache or your ISP.  If you empty your temporary Internet files (or browser cache), it will delete all of the images it has been storing up so that instead of having the site resend you picture files you already have, it will just load them off your computer.  Unfortunately, if a picture changes, it can sometimes take days before your browser will actually notice something has changed and transfer the new one.  Sometimes you can bypass this by refreshing the browser page, but not always.

Some ISPs keep copies of our content cached on their own computers, and this can be aggravating because sometimes you won't see new messages or changes as quickly as others will.  There is nothing you can really do about this unless you change Internet providers.

I'd start by emptying your browser cache (not your cookies or favorites) and then refresh the page and see if that works. 

Phillip I could kiss you lol. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There ya go, thanks hun,I can see my gorgeous boy again, now I,m happy lol. Thanks.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx