Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3130848 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7320 on: November 22, 2006, 12:58:05 pm »
Hiya everyone!

Okay, I just logged in like 15 minutes ago .. and saw a memo stating that Nick was gonna show up today!

Let me just say:

jjjjjjjjjjjuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

umm..I mean

sqquuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  ;D ;D

and I havent even read the chapter yet ..

This was the first time we saw those two together ..
(and don't even pretend that you dont think they look HOT together .. :P )

Wow .. thanks for all the tasty Wentworth pix Leslie!  Hawt damn!   8) 8)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7321 on: November 22, 2006, 01:14:39 pm »

Gah! Louise  - you've got to throw us a bone (phnar phnar). Give us something.

You don't want us all gathering at at the steps of Castle Van Hine with flaming torches  ;)

Karen

well I did say the *ultimate* conclusion...
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7322 on: November 22, 2006, 01:20:34 pm »
For what its worth. I was in the Navy and age 22 at the time the LS is supposed to be taking place.  Mr. Miller could easly muster in any unit in the Navy. Louise, maybe I am asking to much but what service within the is Navy does Nick work, ie, Seabee, Seal, Ship crew, enlisted or officer? I haven't yet read the latest chapter of this is answered within.   

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7323 on: November 22, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
he is enlisted.  I didn't get that deep with it (mainly because my Navy knowledge is much more limited than my Army knowledge) but I didn't want him in the same service as Dupree.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7324 on: November 22, 2006, 02:28:55 pm »
Your evening update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/153780.html  "Chapter 103:  A Shade of Green"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7325 on: November 22, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »
Your evening update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/153780.html  "Chapter 103:  A Shade of Green"

SPOILER:

Jeeves sighed. “I thought... we were friends. You haven’t answered my question. I have many years of experience and I assure you, you won’t be left unsatisfied.”

“You just take it or you dish it out too?”

Jeeves smiled, realizing his offer had just been accepted. “Whatever you wish, my boy. Or both.”

Well, I'll be damned!  ;D ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7326 on: November 22, 2006, 03:59:23 pm »
If anyone is wondering why I am not writing a new chapter it is because I am busily consuming Belgian chocolates delivered by post from the lovely and wonderful Fabienne (belbbmfan) who sent them to me with a book and a precious greeting card with a personal thank you in it for the Laramie Saga.

Thank you, Fabienne... if I get the contract in Switzerland I might just be able to come and visit like I had hoped!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7327 on: November 22, 2006, 04:10:17 pm »
Errr ... don't be greedy Louise!

Share the chocies!  Pass some around .. sheesh!  :P

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #7328 on: November 22, 2006, 04:23:12 pm »
you know that can't be true, David, most of Australia is about the latitude of Florida, and that means their tourist brochures advertise "No Shrinkage at the Beach."  And Hugh is clearly in Sydney here, as you can tell by the bright subtropical sun.

Sorry to disillusion you Louise - the water temperature can be quite "fresh" here even in summer.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7329 on: November 22, 2006, 04:27:18 pm »
An update:  ;D

to Leslie: the reader in question brings all of his/her begging and pleading and sometimes even bribery, to  bear, to increase the local "schmoop" factor in a given chapter or plot element to the desired level.

to Souxi:  the reader in question takes leslie-ing to a whole other level with a fair amount of weeping, wailing, howling, .. practically anything to get what he/she wants.  Souxi-ers have been known to be downright relentless and they usually get what they want.

to June:  to squee like a professionally-trained squeer.

to fistulate:  To undergo a period of enforced sexual abstinence, of at least one week's duration, while at the same time getting married.

to Dupreeciate: The phenomenon of a minor character in a work of fiction increasingly absorbing readers' attention until the character threatens to overtake or equal their interest in the nominal main character(s).

to Tooeyminate:  To have an uncharacteristically large appetite for muffins.  When observed in their natural habitat, tooeyminators are hardly seen without a box of muffins close at hand.  Infact, some have been known to leave behind a trail of crumbs.

to westify: an act of civil disobedience, performed as a protest

Hughdity: a view of Hugh Jackman that involves showing off significant assets of his personal charisma, charm,and er, attributes.

Ril-ition: The ability to become suddenly overtaken with intense sexual desire from the touch of a lover or sometimes by the smell of burning pastry (preferably of the Pillsbury variety)

Fancyful: The satisfying sense of contentment, euphoria and repleteness after a sexual encounter with a loved one.

to bunnificate:
to have wild sexual fantasies, including falling in love, with someone you have only seen once or twice, and you don't even realize is homosexual...

I have 2 more to add:

to jeeviate ~ to follow all rules of etiquette with impeccable taste and class (British heritage optional).   Jeeviants make great friends and excellent companions, as they are known to treat all persons with complete respect, without necessarily compromising their beliefs and standards.

to rejeevinate ~ to make it known in no uncertain terms that one needs to get laid and that one is up for absolutely anything to do so.

lol..