Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3160753 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7670 on: November 27, 2006, 04:50:52 am »
Wow, Jo ~ that was so great and funny!  :D

Good morning, Louise  :)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7671 on: November 27, 2006, 05:09:33 am »
Great chapters.

GREAT chapters.

I think I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke...

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #7672 on: November 27, 2006, 06:00:37 am »
One more thing before bed ..
As per Richard the Laramie Lexicon expert's wishes .. 8)

to bunnificate: to have wild sexual fantasies, including falling in love, with someone you have only seen once or twice, and you don't even realize is homosexual...

a calicop: A police officer who performs his duties with punctiliousness, thoroughness and over-attention to detail, always writing up reports on time, never eating doughnuts, and being prepared even to: a) write out a speeding ticket for his superior officer when the circumstances dictate, and b) rescue calico cats from a tree when so ordered. (For further details, refer to Officer Reynolds)

coyotition: An intimate sexual manouevre indulged in exclusively by horse trainers and deputy sheriffs, wherein one imitates a coyote biting and the other pretends to be a Pillsbury doughboy.

to dupreeciate: The phenomenon of a minor character in a work of fiction increasingly absorbing readers' attention until the character threatens to overtake or equal their interest in the nominal main character(s).

an eastwoody:
A physiological reaction to viewing too many videos of Ennis del Mar's favourite bare-chested film star.

to edna – An action combining nurturing, feeding and providing general TLC leading to a state of gratification.

to ejaculate: To spontaneously shout out the name of one's former sexual partner when reaching a moment of climactic sexual passion with the former partner's successor.

fancyful: The satisfying sense of contentment, euphoria and repleteness after a sexual encounter with a loved one.

to fistulate: To undergo a period of enforced sexual abstinence, of at least one week's duration, while at the same time getting married.

to be glenfiddled – To be in a state of arousal inhibited by maudlin drunkenness

hughdity: a view of Hugh Jackman that involves showing off significant assets of his personal charisma, charm,and er, attributes.

hyoid eminence:  The part of a man's throat that sticks out. When the man displays strong hughdity, sagacious authors exhibit an intense desire to nibble it.

to janice: to make one's blood run cold, and in the case of a male who might possibly have an erection, make it disappear immediately.

to jeeve :  To carefully fold one’s suit jacket and trousers and put them safely out of harm's way before getting wet and nasty in bed and sexually ravishing an eager lover with one's designer "equipment" (preferably Armani). A condom with a union-jack imprinted design is obligatory.

to jeeviate ~ to follow all rules of etiquette with impeccable taste and class (British heritage optional).   Jeeviants make great friends and excellent companions, as they are known to treat all persons with complete respect, without necessarily compromising their beliefs and standards.

to june:  to squee like a professionally-trained squeer.

laramied out - state of surfeit having had five chapters of the Saga dished out in quick succession

to leslie: the reader in question brings all of his/her begging and pleading and sometimes even bribery, to  bear, to increase the local "schmoop" factor in a given chapter or plot element to the desired level.

to get nicked - to be made love to by a skillful, sensitive, ravishingly sexy young lover who is focussed entirely upon one's person to the exclusion of anything else.

to rejeevinate
~ to make it known in no uncertain terms that one needs to get laid and that one is up for absolutely anything to do so.

ril-ition:
The ability to become suddenly overtaken with intense sexual desire from the touch of a lover or sometimes by the smell of burning pastry (preferably of the Pillsbury variety)

a  rolandism
- something that Ennis might have said (on those occasions when Ennis was saying anything at all!)

to sampsonise
- to carry out a lightning-fast pickup of a gay sexual virgin, while at the same time promising: "We'll take it slow".

to souxi:
  the reader in question takes leslie-ing to a whole other level with a fair amount of weeping, wailing, howling, .. practically anything to get what he/she wants.  Souxi-ers have been known to be downright relentless and they usually get what they want.

to tooeyminate:  To have an uncharacteristically large appetite for muffins.  When observed in their natural habitat, tooeyminators are hardly seen without a box of muffins close at hand.  Infact, some have been known to leave behind a trail of crumbs.

to westify: an act of civil disobedience, performed as a protest

Don't forget The Rolandism - to say something like Ennis would have said it (when he happened to be saying anything at all!)

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7673 on: November 27, 2006, 06:15:05 am »
Oh it's there!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7674 on: November 27, 2006, 06:43:03 am »
Here is your morning heads-up, folkses.

It is Monday on my final week of work on this contract, and I have to deliver the final development document and functionality for some weird piece of shit (TM).  Because I will be leaving for good on Wednesday, demands might be a little high, or I might have to come up with some more stuff before I go, in the limited time frame available.

So all of that is to say: I do not know what my writing schedule will look like.  Perhaps unchanged, perhaps... low.  But since you all got a feast o' Dupree, Nick, Jeeves, Lance, and E & E over the weekend, I hope that sustains you until I get the finale completed.  You aren't in a rush I hope.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #7675 on: November 27, 2006, 06:46:37 am »
Hey, Lucise, many thanks for updating and alphabetising the Lexicon. It seems so much better now.

CHALLENGE!:  In light of impending events in Laramie, we need a definition prepared for when the day arrives. 
Please submit your suggestions for a definition of the word delmarriage.  The best entry will be added to the Lexicon. The judge (me!) will have final decision on all entries. And, yes, I do accept bribes - send Nick the sailor to me; I need urgently to be sampsonised.
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7676 on: November 27, 2006, 07:35:57 am »
Oh my, Sampsonized!!!

that sounds so luscious!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7677 on: November 27, 2006, 07:40:33 am »
delmarriage: a marriage ceremony held between the celebrants in absence of an officiant and often witnesses. Rings are exchanged in a delmarriage and the vow made between the celebrants is deep and binding. Any sort of marriage or wedding that follows the delmarriage only serves to formalize the delmarriage; this second marriage is optional.

In the fanfic literature, examples of delmarriages are found in Chapter 116 of The Red Stallion ("Another Kind of Love"); Chapter 9 of A Love Born From Steel (the crafts fair); and Human Interest. Jack and Ennis of ALBFS had a second delmarriage 30 years after their first in Chapter 14 (Eternal Knot) of Through The Veil Of Time.

In real life, my husband and I had a delmarriage two months before our church wedding.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelpersmek

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7678 on: November 27, 2006, 07:42:37 am »
Ennis and Ellery meet a Mountain Troll
Ellery let off a blast or two
to warn the beast away
His sharpshooting skills
echoed through the hills
to the troll's dismay

It went back to its hole in the ground
and there it decided to stay
And never again was it seen around
from then until this day!

The Mountain Troll

Great work Jo!  The images you conjure up with your words are so clear and well formed.  I consider them a poetic equivelent to Luicise's work.

Oh what a horrible beast.

Good job the echo sound of Ellery's skills frightened it away (or maybe the sound of the shots frightened it away).  

from then until this day!
Oh no!  TODAY is this day!  Let's all hope no Mountain Trolls come sniffing around eh?
"RAW PRAWN!!!! ->

Wait, my mistake, it's a lobster.  I love that fic!"
-Merrobot

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7679 on: November 27, 2006, 08:07:28 am »
Like I said, I am all psyched for the wedding!
I don't know if the lads got their rings engraved or not but .. I took the liberty anyway .. 8)

*sigh*

absolutely...gorgeous... rings.  Now - since Ellery won't tell, just how much DID they cost?