Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3108973 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7540 on: November 24, 2006, 08:21:54 pm »
You must a missed a few a my posts - got another 9 or 10 pics of sideburn boy - that can be used - and I also have access to another dozen pics where bee-sting-lips boy is showin too much for our site.

However, in the long run - the Miller boy is indeed quite allurin'

Sheriff Roland
                   objection overrulled i suppose, but i still put miller as one of my top favorites, and can be checked, at the content of who could have they used if not for heath and jake, i said wentworth miller for one of them

Beautiful mind

Offline David

« Reply #7541 on: November 24, 2006, 08:34:21 pm »
Louisev!    OMG!

I drove home from work at 80 miles per hour just so I could read chapters 105-108!   

Phew!   All I can say is....... MORE!   LOL   :laugh:

As for Ennis and Ellery?   When Ennis is done healing and "Up & ready"  look out!

Can't you just see Ellery telling Wes, "I will be in late today because we need to go out and buy a new bed."   

Wes: "What?  how the hell did you break your.....oh never mind!"

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7542 on: November 24, 2006, 09:09:18 pm »
Louise, what do they put in the water over there???  ;D

Those chapters today were smokin'!

Of course Jeremy is going to have some doubts and questions, Nick was wonderfully caring with him though. Hope they do see each other again.

I knew that Jeeves wasn't a man to be under estimated. Lance knows when he's on to a good thing.

The gossip in the bar will be rife after tonight's events - you just know that Lauren was watching everything.

As for Janice - well, as we say in the UK - she can just do one.

Tee hee... Ennis and Ellery must be at home wondering why Laramie seems to be going through some sort of seismic shift not of their making (for a change).

Karen

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #7543 on: November 24, 2006, 10:13:31 pm »
Not sayin ya can't handle 'em - it's just my way -

I post on all the other established pics threads, just once a day - & this thread was established purty durn quickly

So ya gotta be patient, like most a you's been 'bout the affection thread

Sheriff Roland

Ya know Roland - sometimes you sound so much like Ennis I can hardly stand it.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7544 on: November 24, 2006, 10:25:05 pm »
Ya know Roland - sometimes you sound so much like Ennis I can hardly stand it.

Well I guess that's gotta be the nicest thing a heard in a Year.

gave me a glow  :)

but if it's the language you's talkin about - blame it on the Laramie Saga - been a big influence

Sheriff Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

yb

« Reply #7545 on: November 25, 2006, 12:16:33 am »
Louise

Nothing much I can add to what the others have said about the last few chapters.  You captured Dupree’s internal struggles, his hesitation and his guilt so brilliantly and convincingly.  Inasmuch as I love to read about Ennis and Ellery, these chapters about Dupree’s first sex experience with man just could not spare me a minute to think of them at all.  It’s not just about how hot and erotic the sex was, it’s more about how he began to face his feelings and the interactions between him and Nick that gripped my heart totally.  And I want to say I’m happy for Jeeves, I just hope Lance will prove to be worthy of Jeeves who I have grown to like a lot.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7546 on: November 25, 2006, 01:01:23 am »
..And the list keeps getting bigger and bigger .. (not unlike certain things we have encountered in recent chapters.. ;D)
Let me know if I omitted a term, will ya?

to Leslie: the reader in question brings all of his/her begging and pleading and sometimes even bribery, to  bear, to increase the local "schmoop" factor in a given chapter or plot element to the desired level.

to Souxi:  the reader in question takes leslie-ing to a whole other level with a fair amount of weeping, wailing, howling, .. practically anything to get what he/she wants.  Souxi-ers have been known to be downright relentless and they usually get what they want.

to June:  to squee like a professionally-trained squeer.

to fistulate:  To undergo a period of enforced sexual abstinence, of at least one week's duration, while at the same time getting married.

to Dupreeciate: The phenomenon of a minor character in a work of fiction increasingly absorbing readers' attention until the character threatens to overtake or equal their interest in the nominal main character(s).

to Tooeyminate:  To have an uncharacteristically large appetite for muffins.  When observed in their natural habitat, tooeyminators are hardly seen without a box of muffins close at hand.  Infact, some have been known to leave behind a trail of crumbs.

to westify: an act of civil disobedience, performed as a protest

Hughdity: a view of Hugh Jackman that involves showing off significant assets of his personal charisma, charm,and er, attributes.

Ril-ition: The ability to become suddenly overtaken with intense sexual desire from the touch of a lover or sometimes by the smell of burning pastry (preferably of the Pillsbury variety)

Fancyful: The satisfying sense of contentment, euphoria and repleteness after a sexual encounter with a loved one.

to bunnificate:
to have wild sexual fantasies, including falling in love, with someone you have only seen once or twice, and you don't even realize is homosexual...

to jeeviate ~ to follow all rules of etiquette with impeccable taste and class (British heritage optional).   Jeeviants make great friends and excellent companions, as they are known to treat all persons with complete respect, without necessarily compromising their beliefs and standards.

to rejeevinate ~ to make it known in no uncertain terms that one needs to get laid and that one is up for absolutely anything to do so.

To edna – An action combining nurturing, feeding and providing general TLC leading to a state of gratification.

Glenfiddled – State of arousal inhibited by maudlin drunkenness

To Sampsonise - to carry out a lightning-fast pickup of a gay sexual virgin, while at the same time promising: "We'll take it slow".

Coyotition: An intimate sexual manouevre indulged in exclusively by horse trainers and deputy sheriffs, wherein one imitates a coyote biting and the other pretends to be a Pillsbury doughboy.

to jeeve ~ to sexually ravish an eager lover with one's designer "equipment" (quite possibly Armani).
After a statement of rejeevination has been issued to the jeevee, the jeever proceeds to take charge of the sexual encounter, leaving the jeevee panting and helpless for more ..

To get Nicked - to be made love to by a skillful, sensitive, ravishingly sexy young lover who is focussed entirely upon one's person to the exclusion of anything else.

to Janice: to make one's blood run cold, and in the case of a male who might possibly have an erection, make it disappear immediately.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #7547 on: November 25, 2006, 03:54:23 am »
Well I guess that's gotta be the nicest thing a heard in a Year.

gave me a glow  :)

but if it's the language you's talkin about - blame it on the Laramie Saga - been a big influence

Sheriff Roland

Well it's what you say as well as how you say it! ;D ;D

Maybe we could add to the Laramie Lexicon:

A Rolandism - something that Ennis might have said (on those occasions when when Ennis was saying anything at all!)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:00:48 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7548 on: November 25, 2006, 05:55:14 am »
Mornin all, mornin twin. ;) ;D
Well that was some seriously HOT stuff I got to read first thing this morning Louise. :o :o :o :o
I agree with some of the comments on LJ about Janice. She is getting creepy..hanging around on street corners late at night in the dark waiting for Jeremy. Shes a weirdo, dont like her. >:( She,d better not turn out to be like Bunny either, or she,ll feel one of my bombs on her head. ;) ;) ;D

Offline Kelpersmek

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7549 on: November 25, 2006, 10:17:14 am »
Wow, that new chapter Loise, it's something else.

I really like Nick Sampson the Sailor.

I am worried about what janice will do to him if he does not get out of her way.
That woman has serious problems.  She is being very suspicious and nasty.

It started me thinking as to what might happen if you wrote a showdown between Nick and Janice. 
I don't know if Nick would veen know what was going on LOL!

I don't want to know any spoilers so I think I will just wait and read what happens with her and Dupree and Nick.  But I did really like the idea of a showdown, because that might solve some of the problems for Dupree.

Anyway, I liked the idea so much that I tried to make a piece of fanart for it.
Please be kind, I am not very good at manips, because I can never get the lighting right on people's skins.  If anyone has any consturctive criticsm on how to improve my manip skills (I know it takes alot of parctice too!) you could maybe PM me?

Thanks!

Anyway here it is:

I know Nick the Sailor looks like Wentworth Miller.
I didn't know if you had picked a Nurse to play Janice yet though.

It's very funny because I know a Nurse called janice.  She doesn't look like the one in the picture though, and is actually a very kind and wonderful person.  She has a funny sense of humour, but I don't think she would be waiting for Dupree or terrorizing Nick.

Souxi, if I get a better picture for Janice can I post one of you throwing a bomb at her??? LOL
"RAW PRAWN!!!! ->

Wait, my mistake, it's a lobster.  I love that fic!"
-Merrobot