Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3109039 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7770 on: November 28, 2006, 06:08:27 am »
no, Ellery did not get the rings engraved.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #7771 on: November 28, 2006, 06:09:34 am »
Methinks too!  My guess is: when you've been jeeved, there is no turning back!  ;D

Are you sure? My guess is that Lance will be turning his back to Jeeves as often as possible. ;)
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7772 on: November 28, 2006, 06:17:33 am »
*loud snort*
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7773 on: November 28, 2006, 08:45:41 am »
From Page Six today:
Making It Legal

HEATH Ledger is about to make an honest woman of the mother of his child. The Aussie actor and Michelle Williams were spotted last week picking up a marriage license in Brooklyn, where they bought a townhouse this year, according to Dlisted.com. The couple, who met filming "Brokeback Mountain," have a daughter, Matilda. A rep for Williams didn't respond for comment.

Louise did you have the inside scoop on this?  Heath and Michelle,  Ennis and Ellery. Hmmm.  What did you know and when did you know it? Inquiring minds want to know! 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7774 on: November 28, 2006, 08:46:12 am »
no, Ellery did not get the rings engraved.

I wish he had but maybe it was a timing issue? I know engraving can take a week or more. Will they eventually get them engraved?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7775 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:42 am »
From Page Six today:
Making It Legal

HEATH Ledger is about to make an honest woman of the mother of his child. The Aussie actor and Michelle Williams were spotted last week picking up a marriage license in Brooklyn, where they bought a townhouse this year, according to Dlisted.com. The couple, who met filming "Brokeback Mountain," have a daughter, Matilda. A rep for Williams didn't respond for comment.

Louise did you have the inside scoop on this?  Heath and Michelle,  Ennis and Ellery. Hmmm.  What did you know and when did you know it? Inquiring minds want to know! 

Me?  *eyeroll*  I don't know nothin at all.  *whistles innocently*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7776 on: November 28, 2006, 09:40:28 am »
I wish he had but maybe it was a timing issue? I know engraving can take a week or more. Will they eventually get them engraved?

L

Leslie do you REALLY want me to spoil all of the future plot ideas for all of my future stories..?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7777 on: November 28, 2006, 09:48:53 am »
From Page Six today:
Making It Legal

A quick Internet scan didn't bring up much more than this. I posted another story over in the Heath, Heath, Heath thread but it basically says the same thing. Maybe the license will show up iin thesmokinggun.com. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Leslie
Resident Heathen
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7778 on: November 28, 2006, 09:49:57 am »
With this, we hit 68,000 views on this thread. We are closing in on the ABCs game, folks.

Keep reading, keep posting.

Leslie
Stats Chick

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7779 on: November 28, 2006, 09:50:29 am »
Leslie do you REALLY want me to spoil all of the future plot ideas for all of my future stories..?

No. Sorry!

L