Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3109038 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1330 on: July 13, 2006, 08:13:49 pm »
  For Lauren, could you put the candidates together?  Hard for me to follow which one is which.  Thanks.

Yap..so here are the Lauren contenders:

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

Number (4) gets my vote!  Who is your Lauren?  :)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:27:52 pm by Lucise »

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1331 on: July 13, 2006, 08:49:37 pm »
Yap..so here are the Lauren contenders:

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

Number (4) Get my vote!  Who is your Lauren?  :)

Number four!  you got it.  Number 1 almost got my vote, but I guess niobody else thought so.

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1332 on: July 13, 2006, 09:25:34 pm »

Number (4) Get my vote!  Who is your Lauren?  :)

Mine Too

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1333 on: July 13, 2006, 09:27:08 pm »
Tell you what.... truth is......sometimes I miss Jack as much as Ennis does.      :'(

http://static.flickr.com/56/110292010_75c5671603.jpg?v=0

DAVID!  this manip is STUNNING!  Thank you!

Monica

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1334 on: July 13, 2006, 09:27:55 pm »
Put me down for Lauren #4.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1335 on: July 13, 2006, 09:31:16 pm »

Looks like Number (4) is well on his way to being our Lauren!  :)

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1336 on: July 13, 2006, 09:49:33 pm »
I couldn't help but notice that now that Ennis and Ellery have taken steps to make their relationship permanent, a number of posters are reminiscing about Jack. Are you worried that Jack is forgotten somehow? This thread is one place where you don't have to worry about that. No one here will ever forget how Ennis came to this new relationship and that Jack's memory has shaped (and will continue to be a part of) Ennis' new life. Jack lives on in Ennis.

Offline David

« Reply #1337 on: July 13, 2006, 10:40:55 pm »
I couldn't help but notice that now that Ennis and Ellery have taken steps to make their relationship permanent, a number of posters are reminiscing about Jack. Are you worried that Jack is forgotten somehow? This thread is one place where you don't have to worry about that. No one here will ever forget how Ennis came to this new relationship and that Jack's memory has shaped (and will continue to be a part of) Ennis' new life. Jack lives on in Ennis.

I'm not worried that Jack will be forgotten.     Ellery is great, don't get me wrong.   But we have all had so much more exposure to Jack from the movie.  We've seen his face (and Ass,  LOL) so much more than Ellery.   I love the bond that has developed between Ennis and Elllery.  We just need H.J. to act out all these scenes for us with Heath!

Jeff Wrangler said that Jack and Ennis will always be with him in his heart.   So very true.     I feel the loss of Jack in my heart as well.   At least with the Laramie Saga Ennis still seems alive to me.   

Silly isn't it?     :-\

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1338 on: July 13, 2006, 10:47:38 pm »

Silly isn't it?     :-\

Nope, not silly at all David.

Most of us agree that Ellery is no threat to Jack or his memory, how can he be?
It is because Jack&Ennis were, that Ellery is possible in Ennis' life ...
There should never be any 'competition' between Jack and Ellery as far as I am concerned.   Bottom line is, Ellery's presence does NOT cancel out Jack's presence in Ennis' and our minds/thoughts  :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:50:18 pm by Lucise »

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1339 on: July 13, 2006, 11:08:32 pm »
Nope, not silly at all David.

Most of us agree that Ellery is no threat to Jack or his memory, how can he be?
It is because Jack&Ennis were, that Ellery is possible in Ennis' life ...
There should never be any 'competition' between Jack and Ellery as far as I am concerned.   Bottom line is, Ellery's presence does NOT cancel out Jack's presence in Ennis' and our minds/thoughts  :)

Lucise I agree with everything you said 100% (and what David and neatfreak have said as well). 

One of the reasons I really like the Beefy!Ennis pic is because it is new and different Ennis...  some of the other ones are a little odd for me at times.  Occasionally my reaction is, "But that's when he was with Jack, Ellery shouldn't be there."  Or, "Those are Ennis' eyes looking at Jack, not looking at Ellery."

(Personally, it is hard for me to think about Jack sometimes, I don't think I've fully grieved him yet, I'm behind our Ennis on that one.  I understand my relationship with Ennis and Ellery much better than I understand my relationship with Jack, I'm not exactly sure why that is - shall have to dwell on it some.)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger