Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3109045 times)

Offline Quiplash

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm Jack on the outside, Ennis on the inside.
    • as I live a few more questions
--Quiplash.  See all my PhotoShopped Brokeback Mountain fanart creations here

Helen

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1681 on: July 18, 2006, 02:51:42 am »
Norway is beautiful, the people are friendly and everyone speaks English. The downside? Everything costs a fortune...<snip>... That car, which costs me $35 to fill up here at home, cost close to $90 to fill up in Norway.

I've always fancied going to Norway :)  I was reading a bit about it, and the reason that everything is so expensive is that everyone gets paid a decent wage there, so that adds considerably to the cost of things.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1682 on: July 18, 2006, 03:30:46 am »
When will you have the first chapter posted up in livejournal??
AS I may never find any such link trying to wade throught the 'chat audition' whatever whereever.

I supposedly got into the fanfiction room, but never found any link or any idea of how to go about finding it???   I can chat, but don't see any "pages" and NO LINKS to anything--so exacty where are we supposed to be able to find that link to the first chapter-----and again---WHEN do you put it up in Livejournal so I can read it????

Ranchgal I always post links here when I write the chapters, as well as on davecullen.com.  The chat is just for ... you know - chat.  So far I have not written the first chapter of the new book... because the plot is still gelling in my brain.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1683 on: July 18, 2006, 03:46:46 am »
Oh for goodness sake everybody, read the description of the new book:

The new book in the series is tentatively titled  "Shelter from the Storm'" and will chronicle Ennis and Ellery's experiences as they deepen their commitment to one another in an increasingly hostile environment of fear surrounding the spread of the AIDS epidemic and its impact upon the life and community of  the Red Stallion, and a crime wave of attacks against homosexuals.

Ennis ain't goin far!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1684 on: July 18, 2006, 04:24:08 am »
Oh for goodness sake everybody, read the description of the new book:

The new book in the series is tentatively titled  "Shelter from the Storm'" and will chronicle Ennis and Ellery's experiences as they deepen their commitment to one another in an increasingly hostile environment of fear surrounding the spread of the AIDS epidemic and its impact upon the life and community of  the Red Stallion, and a crime wave of attacks against homosexuals.

Ennis ain't goin far!!!
LOL!! Hehehehe
Whew Louise...  :)
Any idea when we can expect the first chapter??  ;D :-*
Just wondering........  ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1685 on: July 18, 2006, 04:27:30 am »
Louise posted a comment about her intentions to continue the Laramie Saga with a fourth installment at LiveJournal that I just saw.  She mentions appreciation for those who support her view of Ennis continuing his life after Jack's death and why the sort of resolution that Ennis & Ellery offer us is important to so many of us affected/devastated by Brokeback Mountain.

Thank you for your note of support and positive commentary, Lynne.  I appreciate it, and I know that the E & E fans here appreciate it tremendously as well.  Over the past couple of weeks, and particularly during the past four or five days, I have been literally flooded with comments, messages, and fan mail from folks who have read and appreciate the Laramie Saga, and I am sure it greatly reassures these readers, in an atmosphere of controversy, that there is a place where there will continue to be a philosophical support for the idea of "moving on" past the tragedy of Brokeback Mountain, and that there is still a place where open discussion of these ideas, and fiction that dramatizes them, can be freely and openyl discussed without fear of criticism.

I know I need it, and I have heard from many many others, who do!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1686 on: July 18, 2006, 04:28:30 am »
LOL!! Hehehehe
Whew Louise...  :)
Any idea when we can expect the first chapter??  ;D :-*
Just wondering........  ;)

yes.  When I get this dad-blamed software to work!  (Several hours at least my dear.  Sorry... for some awful reason people expect me to WORK today.)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1687 on: July 18, 2006, 04:40:21 am »
yes.  When I get this dad-blamed software to work!  (Several hours at least my dear.  Sorry... for some awful reason people expect me to WORK today.)
Hahaha, how dare they eh Louise?? LOL!

Several hours only?? I'm amazed! that sounds really good! I probably won't get around to reading till much later anyway.

Squeeeeeee!!  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1688 on: July 18, 2006, 05:46:49 am »
I know, I know.  And all the time I am setting flags and pushing valules I am thinking to myself... what about Ennis?

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #1689 on: July 18, 2006, 05:50:55 am »

Throw a sicky Louise... Ennis and Ellery are FAR more important than work... ;)  ;) ;) ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx