Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3109043 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1700 on: July 18, 2006, 09:41:38 am »
And with this, we have passed "The Person Below Me Game" and this thread is now 4th in both most replies and most views. We need a few more pithy posts to firmly establish our lead in replies...get to work, people. We'll hit 3rd most viewed in no time, and the performance people have actually made that easier for us, since they've divided that thread in two: the performance and the critique. So....

Talk, people, talk! Post!! We will also hit 1700 in a matter of posts, too. Lucise, are you planning a banner for us?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1701 on: July 18, 2006, 09:46:05 am »
ah hahahahaha! I just spent the last hour and a half reviewing our development standards and naming conventions.  All this time Ennis is missing in action and nobody knows where he is, and there ain't nothin I can do about it.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1702 on: July 18, 2006, 10:30:51 am »
Talk, people, talk! Post!!

Nobody's talkin' 'cause we're all too busy hitting the same key:

:: refresh ::

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1703 on: July 18, 2006, 10:40:51 am »
I am not always a patient person (yes, sometimes I am)... anyhow right now I like to think about Ellery whipping the sheriff's department into action...a flurry of activity and posting of APBs as everyone looks for Ennis.  I'm confident they'll find him soon... positive thoughts people, positive thoughts.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1704 on: July 18, 2006, 10:42:49 am »
  All this time Ennis is missing in action and nobody knows where he is, and there ain't nothin I can do about it.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1705 on: July 18, 2006, 10:44:42 am »
Something new for the gallery. Ellery has been handing out a lot of these lately, so I thought we'd all like to see his business card.

I was just looking at that business card and thinking how simple it is. A name, phone number, address. No fax, no cell phone number, no email address, no webpage, no AIM, no ICQ, no MSN...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1706 on: July 18, 2006, 10:45:32 am »
gee guys, sorry... it wasn't my idea for me to have a full day of silly crappy work to do, and it is about 96 degrees here (no, Germans don't believe in air conditioning) and I am on the fourth floor of the software center, and yeah, I sure would rather be writing "Shelter from the Storm" but for those who are hitting the fresh button, I do not expect an update before post-lunch Eastern time.

You will see me online in chat before that occurs.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1707 on: July 18, 2006, 10:46:12 am »
(Jenny crossing finger hoping there will be some updates on the where about of Ennis today)

Regardless my personal feelings of what happened to Ennis, that was a great ending for Volumn III.  

Louise, if you are still working, just keep in mind that we won't be very productive until you tell us what happened to Ennis.  Poor Ellery is sick worrying now.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1708 on: July 18, 2006, 10:49:40 am »
(Jenny crossing finger hoping there will be some updates on the where about of Ennis today)

Regardless my personal feelings of what happened to Ennis, that was a great ending for Volumn III. 

Louise, if you are still working, just keep in mind that we won't be very productive until you tell us what happened to Ennis.  Poor Ellery is sick worrying now.

LOL, are you ever right, Jenny! It is 11 am and I have done squat. No wait, I designed a business card!

As for the weather, Louise, I think it is hot everywhere. The headline in the paper this morning said, "IT'S A BLAST FURNACE OUT THERE." Of course, the high in Portland yesterday was 83. I have to laugh at what they call a blast furnance. It is hotter today, though. Already up to 90.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1709 on: July 18, 2006, 11:02:40 am »
Fear not,  Ennis is a big strong guy.   Most likely he'll escape and overtake the kidnappers, then drag them under his arms to the sheriffs dept.!   LOL