Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3108958 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3350 on: August 31, 2006, 08:41:44 am »
Yes indeed, the last bastion o' civilization before they head on up to Brokeback.

now hold on... mapquest tells me Lander is south of Riverton. I thought Riverton was a lot further south than it is.

Change of venue, folks:  Dubois.  Please check the edited chapter!  Whew, good thing I was bored and doing map checking today.

Dubois is where  Ennis and Jack stopped to eat on their way back from Brokeback on their way to Signal.

This is Dubois, WY

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3351 on: August 31, 2006, 09:41:04 am »
Thanks for all the pics Nat!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #3352 on: August 31, 2006, 10:30:59 am »
Ah, Fred, that was just lovely.  Thanks!  Did you notice that it was your 111th post?  I'm sure that has some meaning in numerology...

I like what you said about Mother Nature, and them reaching the summit at the right time... reminds me of this, from a poem called Desiderata...

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

We should also sum up all of your wise sayings... your sayings, and Ellery's wise-cracks, would provide one a lifetime of material for thought, I would think.
 ;)

(Is it your experience in sermonizing that enables you to do these summaries so well?  Or just natural brilliance?  lol)

Wow! Thanks, Kelly. You honor me more than I feel that I deserve, but, since I'm the Irreverend Fred, the goonpastor, I'll dare to say a little in response. You haven't yet recognized your danger in getting me started!

The number 111 is very significant. It's the age of Bilbo Baggins, eleventy-one, on the occasion of his birthday party and disappearance from the Shire. It signifies the number three, and since it is three in one, the Holy Trinity. Whether you think of the Holy Trinity as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit or the Triple Goddess, Virgin, Mother, Crone, it means the same thing. The number three is very important to all intelligent beings, whether ourselves or the central Intelligence of all the worlds.

A book of the Wisdom of the Smartasses could be lots of fun. (heheheh)
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline opinionista

« Reply #3353 on: August 31, 2006, 10:56:53 am »
This is Dubois, WY

Holy shit! Dobois is close to Jackson! Hopefully there's no Eagleton around!  ;) (I know he's in a mental hospital)
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3354 on: August 31, 2006, 12:34:12 pm »
Morning folks.  :)

Took me like 45 minutes to connect to Bettermost today...server trouble I guess.

Cool pix Natali ..

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3355 on: August 31, 2006, 12:37:15 pm »
The site was down for a while after I got home... maybe it was the upgrade...!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3356 on: August 31, 2006, 02:45:20 pm »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/104486.html  "Chapter 10:  Shelter From the Storm"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3357 on: August 31, 2006, 02:57:01 pm »
Ah, Fred, that was just lovely.  Thanks!  Did you notice that it was your 111th post?  I'm sure that has some meaning in numerology...

I like what you said about Mother Nature, and them reaching the summit at the right time... reminds me of this, from a poem called Desiderata...

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

We should also sum up all of your wise sayings... your sayings, and Ellery's wise-cracks, would provide one a lifetime of material for thought, I would think.
 ;)

a book of wisdom by Fred and Ellery.
what a great idea Kelly  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3358 on: August 31, 2006, 03:24:43 pm »
Thanks for all the pics Nat!
Oh yes, thanks! from me too!  :)

I love them

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3359 on: August 31, 2006, 03:25:30 pm »
Hey June, did you catch up yet?  You going to join us in chat tonight?