Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3109086 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4060 on: September 19, 2006, 02:03:08 pm »
I was going to comment on the syringe, something along the lines of WTF? LOL

Now to me, this is Nadine:

Young, candystriper, forgot everything they taught her in orientation about confidentiality...

Leslie
LOL, I didn't even notice the syringe!!  ::)

And because Lucise put a pic of a nurse up I just assumed Nadine was one  :D  AND I looked for non-sweet pics of nurses  ;D
I think your candystriper is perfect even though she looks real sweet  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4061 on: September 19, 2006, 02:15:39 pm »
LOL, I didn't even notice the syringe!!  ::)

And because Lucise put a pic of a nurse up I just assumed Nadine was one  :D  AND I looked for non-sweet pics of nurses  ;D
I think your candystriper is perfect even though she looks real sweet  :)

She looks real sweet but she has a sort of smarmy look in her eyes and smile...."Oh, hello," she says to your face, sweet as can be, then runs out of the room to gossip behind your back.

I knew girls like this in school and I couldn't stand them! LOL

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4062 on: September 19, 2006, 02:26:10 pm »
We also have to consider that Nadine is Francine's friend..so she'd be about 18/19 ..?

I like Leslie's Nadine too. :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4063 on: September 19, 2006, 02:44:18 pm »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/116825.html  "Chapter 53: A Way With Women"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4064 on: September 19, 2006, 02:46:17 pm »
I am back from my vacation and here to report to E&E thread.  ;D

Glad to see that you guys added another 70 some pages since I left and few more devoted E&E fans (including the honorable Madlori!).  One thing that I managed to do during my vacation is to stay up-to-date on Laramie Sage.  I really enjoy the new book.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4065 on: September 19, 2006, 02:47:11 pm »
We also have to consider that Nadine is Francine's friend..so she'd be about 18/19 ..?

I like Leslie's Nadine too. :)

We also have to consider that Leslie, as a PhD. in Nursing, and a Nursing Professional, would like to exert Veto Power over any plot element that involves any foibles, weaknesses, or malfeasance by an ACTUAL Licensed or Registered NURSE.  Therefore she insists that Nadine has to be a Candystriper (nursing student.)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4066 on: September 19, 2006, 02:52:35 pm »

Glad to see that you guys added another 70 some pages since I left and few more devoted E&E fans (including the honorable Madlori!).  One thing that I managed to do during my vacation is to stay up-to-date on Laramie Sage.  I really enjoy the new book.

Jenny ~ Great to see you back here!!  :D
And you are up-to-date on E&E..impressive!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4067 on: September 19, 2006, 03:04:55 pm »
We also have to consider that Leslie, as a PhD. in Nursing, and a Nursing Professional, would like to exert Veto Power over any plot element that involves any foibles, weaknesses, or malfeasance by an ACTUAL Licensed Practical or Registered NURSE.  Therefore she insists that Nadine has to be a Candystriper (nursing student.)

A candystriper is a volunteer. When they grow up, they turn into the Pink Ladies.

Seriously, we argued this long and hard in the chat the other day--issues of patient confidentiality, nurses gossiping, etc. Having pondered this, I think it is totally plausible that Nadine be a candystriper. She would have had some sort of an orientation but doesn't have a direct supervisor to monitor her actions. She would have access to patient care areas and patient care information. I don't think her gossping about Ellery was ever meant to be malicious but was just a product of her youthfulness and inexperience. Hopefully, she'll learn from this mistake.

Why is Nadine a candystriper? Good way to get a little bit of exposure, see if you like being in a hospital environmnent, working with patients. Maybe she is in the process of applying to the nursing program at the community college. Just a few thoughts.

Leslie

PS, yes, I was a candystriper--in case anyone was wondering.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4068 on: September 19, 2006, 03:12:00 pm »

Jenny!

Welcome back...I've missed you! I hope you had a wonderful trip. Now back to real life and the lives of the boys in Laramie...

Leslie

moremojo

« Reply #4069 on: September 19, 2006, 03:12:36 pm »
She looks real sweet but she has a sort of smarmy look in her eyes and smile...."Oh, hello," she says to your face, sweet as can be, then runs out of the room to gossip behind your back.

I knew girls like this in school and I couldn't stand them! LOL

Leslie
Does anyone else think this candystriper looks a whole lot like actress/comedienne Amy Poehler? Could this indeed be her?