Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3108476 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5370 on: October 12, 2006, 06:02:41 am »
Chapter 26 SPOILER

................re: seeing the boys together!    I think we'd all like to have seen that as well!    ;D

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5371 on: October 12, 2006, 06:30:19 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/132112.html  Chapter 26: Sharing a Secret"
Oh, I can't wait to read this one! That title can only mean 1 thing - Francie spilled the beans!   :D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5372 on: October 12, 2006, 07:01:24 am »
SPOILER

...you didn't think she could keep it from her sister, could you?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5373 on: October 12, 2006, 07:07:42 am »
Here's a curious twist of fic:

In the latest chapter of "Tainted Evidence" (lowermanhattan.livejournal.com) it features Jack trying to keep himself consoled during Thanksgiving with the "special edition" of XMen-3 featuring of course, Hugh Jackman.  For those who haven't explored it, "Tainted Evidence" is one of my guiltiest AU guilty pleasure fan fics.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5374 on: October 12, 2006, 07:12:09 am »
SPOILER

...you didn't think she could keep it from her sister, could you?

No, absolutely not. I could never keep a secret from my sisters either when I was growing up!

Ennis is gonna find out who the car belongs to, I just know he will. Who knows what else he might discover when asking Lance about it......Ennis aint stupid!!   :D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5375 on: October 12, 2006, 07:16:08 am »

In the latest chapter of "Tainted Evidence" (lowermanhattan.livejournal.com) it features Jack trying to keep himself consoled during Thanksgiving with the "special edition" of XMen-3 featuring of course, Hugh Jackman.  For those who haven't explored it, "Tainted Evidence" is one of my guiltiest AU guilty pleasure fan fics.

Jacks got good taste!  :D

I haven't started it yet Louise, it's another fic I've been meaning to get started on for ages now. Is it as good as SOG?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5376 on: October 12, 2006, 07:23:54 am »
they are very different stories... but similar in some respects, feel-wise.  I think it is more that Law Enforcement Ennis has his own sort of natural shape, which is another interpretation of the dominance I have explored in a different manner in the Laramie Saga.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5377 on: October 12, 2006, 07:29:20 am »
Ennis is gonna find out who the car belongs to, I just know he will. Who knows what else he might discover when asking Lance about it......Ennis aint stupid!!   :D

Indeed!    And considering that Ennis already warned Lance about his uncontrollable libido,   Lance no doubt will get fired.    :(

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5378 on: October 12, 2006, 07:35:14 am »
Indeed!    And considering that Ennis already warned Lance about his uncontrollable libido,   Lance no doubt will get fired.    :(

I think you are probably right David.  I know Lance was acting responsible by not driving, but how about getting a taxi?  He does seem like a harmless kid, but he has been warned.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5379 on: October 12, 2006, 07:36:55 am »

I read that too Louise and just had to giggle!  I read TE and it is one of many guilty pleasures I partake in!  ;)