Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2157686 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2360 on: January 21, 2008, 01:11:40 am »
Okay, this is friggin ridiculous! It's 8 damn degrees outside, and I ain't talking celcius either!  >:(

God, I just ran an errand and with the wind blowing it actually hurts. It felt like someone was slapping me across my face. We have cold winters here, but this is totally INSANE!! :laugh:

At least there's no snow..... yet.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2361 on: January 21, 2008, 01:14:47 am »
Okay, this is friggin ridiculous! It's 8 damn degrees outside, and I ain't talking celcius either!  >:(

God, I just ran an errand and with the wind blowing it actually hurts. It felt like someone was slapping me across my face. We have cold winters here, but this is totally INSANE!! :laugh:

At least there's no snow..... yet.

poor David! You need Alex to warm you up!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2362 on: January 21, 2008, 01:20:08 am »
poor David! You need Alex to warm you up!

He's not here!!  :'(

He's a long long ways from me right now!  :'( :'( :'(

I do have my animals here with me. Cody is soft, fluffy, cuddly and very warm!! :)

Oreo is too, but he's too small to keep me warm. I cuddle him to keep HIM warm!

injest

« Reply #2363 on: January 21, 2008, 01:22:24 am »
He's not here!!  :'(

He's a long long ways from me right now!  :'( :'( :'(

I do have my animals here with me. Cody is soft, fluffy, cuddly and very warm!! :)

Oreo is too, but he's too small to keep me warm. I cuddle him to keep HIM warm!

I know...that is why I was saying Poor David...if he was there you wouldn't be cold to start with...he wouldn't let you! I am glad you have Cody..he probably LIKES the attention..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2364 on: January 23, 2008, 01:01:12 am »
This has been an unbearably sad day. Things were going fairly well I suppose, and then the dreadful news about Heath broke and I absolutely fell apart. I noticed two strange things:

First of all, I was startled and quite frankly shocked at my reaction towards Heath's death. I've been a huge fan of Heath's since 1999 when I first saw the movie "10 Things I Hate About You". But let's face it, I never met Heath in person and he didn't know me from Adam. And yet I broke down and cried like a baby. I'm still experiencing crying spells in fact. Why? I don't understand it! Did Brokeback Mountain and Heath's (and Jake's) incredible performance affect me even deeper than I realized? Is it because I've loved him and been a fan of his for the past nine years? Is it because of the tragic and lonely way he died? Is it because such a handsome and talented young man was snuffed out in his youth? Or is it a combination of all those things?

Secondly, I noticed the first thing I did was to make a beesline here to Bettermost where I found dozens and dozens of other Bettermostians also grieving and processing his death. I really didn't even have to think about it. It was automatic. Instinctual.

It's been a very sad and strange day. Full of sadness and revelations.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2365 on: January 23, 2008, 01:08:13 am »
Yes David.........

As someone said in the grieving thread.......we found our way here two years ago to work out and understand what we were feeling about a movie on the screen.....we came here without any embarrassment or thought that people would think we were crazy, and we were met with open arms.......

Today, those arms were still there, allowing us to gather, and hug one another, and to share our grief....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2366 on: January 23, 2008, 02:04:31 am »
Yes David.........

As someone said in the grieving thread.......we found our way here two years ago to work out and understand what we were feeling about a movie on the screen.....we came here without any embarrassment or thought that people would think we were crazy, and we were met with open arms.......

Today, those arms were still there, allowing us to gather, and hug one another, and to share our grief....

Okay. I'm drinking right now! Gee, I wonder why?  ::)

So now that this little fact is out of the way....

Thank you Sue for adding your thoughts to this thread! I appreciate it. It's nice to know that many others are also sharing this shock and grief.

I'd love it if you'd start posting to this thread again Sue! You once did and then you stopped! I miss you!!

Thanks sweetie!!

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2367 on: January 23, 2008, 03:17:46 am »
David,

The only movie that I saw Heath Ledger in was Brokeback Mountain but I did see a little of the Monster's Ball.  Heath Ledger will always be Ennis Del Mar to me.  Ennis was someone who because of fear was condemned to live a lonely and tragic life especially after Jack Twist died.  It seems to me that Heath must have been somewhat like Ennis in real life.  He lived with Michelle Williams and baby Matilda but he still could not be really happy and they split up just like Ennis and Alma in Brokeback Mountain.  Then whatever demons that was bearing on Heath's mind must have taken over him as he was becoming an emotional wreck.

Heath reminds me of movie stars of the past who seemed to have so much going for them but had inner demons that could not be erased.  Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland remind me of two stars who seemed to have so much going for them but for whatever reason could not erase the demons that dominated their lives and they died too young with seemingly so much to live for just like Heath.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2368 on: January 23, 2008, 06:41:38 am »
I'd love it if you'd start posting to this thread again Sue! You once did and then you stopped! I miss you!!

Thanks sweetie!!

you bet, David........I will be back, I promise......thank you for asking me.....

You know, I started thinking a while ago, will we all get back to our normal posting on here again?.....will we find some humour to laugh about again?.....will we chat about our day to day things again???.........

.......yes we will.........we will smile and laugh again.....we will sing and and dance again........we dont feel like it today, and we may not feel like it for a while, but we will........we are allowed to, and we must......but not today......when we feel like it, we will......

You know, I watched 5 hours of non stop news coverage on Heath today, (in Australia), heard thousands of words.....and I keep thinking of something, someone said about Heath....."When Heath smiled, the sun came out"......those words keep going over and over in my head, and I picutre his beautiful wide smile......

Just my thoughts spilling out here now.....thanks for listening.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2369 on: January 23, 2008, 08:20:34 am »
you bet, David........I will be back, I promise......thank you for asking me.....

You know, I started thinking a while ago, will we all get back to our normal posting on here again?.....will we find some humour to laugh about again?.....will we chat about our day to day things again???.........

.......yes we will.........we will smile and laugh again.....we will sing and and dance again........we dont feel like it today, and we may not feel like it for a while, but we will........we are allowed to, and we must......but not today......when we feel like it, we will......

You know, I watched 5 hours of non stop news coverage on Heath today, (in Australia), heard thousands of words.....and I keep thinking of something, someone said about Heath....."When Heath smiled, the sun came out"......those words keep going over and over in my head, and I picutre his beautiful wide smile......

Just my thoughts spilling out here now.....thanks for listening.......

That was beautiful and very comforting, Sue. Thank you. His smile is sunshiney -- he is so precious to us.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~