Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2157035 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3010 on: October 13, 2008, 02:33:25 am »
Have you taken any more pictures with your new camera Jess? I hope you have a lot of fun with it. I'm half way convinced to buy one too. It takes beautiful pictures. :)

I meant to get out and play with it today but I got sick and slept most of the day.

I am SO pleased with it. It has a larger screen than the A530 and 10 pixels instead of 8...it has settings my A530 didn't have...for example it has a setting where you choose the shutter speed and the computer selects everything else...then a setting where you pick the aperature and the computer figures out everything else...

and it has a "easy' setting which I have no idea how to do.

It also came with the new edition of Zoombrowser and it looks great!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3011 on: October 13, 2008, 02:37:44 am »
I meant to get out and play with it today but I got sick and slept most of the day.

I am SO pleased with it. It has a larger screen than the A530 and 10 pixels instead of 8...it has settings my A530 didn't have...for example it has a setting where you choose the shutter speed and the computer selects everything else...then a setting where you pick the aperature and the computer figures out everything else...

and it has a "easy' setting which I have no idea how to do.

It also came with the new edition of Zoombrowser and it looks great!

Your old A530 had 8 MP? I thought it was only 5!??

Yes, I noticed you have many more options on your new camera. The TV setting allows you to select the shutter speed and the camera's computer takes care of everything else. The AV setting lets you choose the aperture and the camera handles all the other settings. I think you also have full manual on your camera don't you Jess?

Yup! 10 MP. You will enjoy that. 10 MP will give you much clearer pictures, allow you to do more cropping and you can even blow your pictures up into poster size if you want to! :D

Have fun!!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3012 on: October 13, 2008, 02:42:13 am »
Your old A530 had 8 MP? I thought it was only 5!??

Yes, I noticed you have many more options on your new camera. The TV setting allows you to select the shutter speed and the camera's computer takes care of everything else. The AV setting lets you choose the aperture and the camera handles all the other settings. I think you also have full manual on your camera don't you Jess?

Yup! 10 MP. You will enjoy that. 10 MP will give you much clearer pictures, allow you to do more cropping and you can even blow your pictures up into poster size if you want to! :D

Have fun!!! :)

oops...you are right!

yes I am very excited...I want to also take it by Walmart and print some of the pics out to see how they look compared to the old pics..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3013 on: October 13, 2008, 02:49:05 am »
oops...you are right!

yes I am very excited...I want to also take it by Walmart and print some of the pics out to see how they look compared to the old pics..

Well that's good your old camera only had 5 MP because now you have twice the resolution. You will see a huge difference. You probably already have.

Do you have a printer hooked up to your computer Jess. You should be able to print out your pictures on your home printer, although Wal-Mart would have the capability to print them out poster size for you. Just make sure you take those pictures you wish to be poster sized using your camera's 10 MP. If they try to blow them up from anything less than 8 MP they will look terrible poster sized. :P

injest

« Reply #3014 on: October 13, 2008, 02:53:05 am »
Well that's good your old camera only had 5 MP because now you have twice the resolution. You will see a huge difference. You probably already have.

Do you have a printer hooked up to your computer Jess. You should be able to print out your pictures on your home printer, although Wal-Mart would have the capability to print them out poster size for you. Just make sure you take those pictures you wish to be poster sized using your camera's 10 MP. If they try to blow them up from anything less than 8 MP they will look terrible poster sized. :P

hey! I can!

but I think I need some photo paper...this reg paper looks dull...

:) :)

thank you, David!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3015 on: October 13, 2008, 03:00:47 am »
hey! I can!

but I think I need some photo paper...this reg paper looks dull...

:) :)

thank you, David!

Yes, pictures always look better on photo paper.

Hey! I see Uncle down there! I haven't seen Garry here in a long time! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3016 on: October 13, 2008, 03:53:47 am »
Sorry, but I can't help but brag....  8)  :P

Colts right themselves in 31-3 blowout of Ravens

October 12, 2008

By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer

INDIANAPOLIS(AP) It looked like old times in Indianapolis on Sunday.

Peyton Manning was in control and Marvin Harrison was catching touchdowns while the defense pressured the quarterback and forced turnovers. Heck, the Colts even won a home game for the first time since December 2007.

After a month of bumbling around and hearing critics question whether they still had it, the Colts sent a strong message to the rest of the league with their 31-3 rout of Baltimore: They're back.

``It's about being consistent, but today's game was a little more like what we expect around here,'' Manning said.

Fans had been waiting to see a performance like this since last December.

Manning, who had struggled with his timing after recovering from offseason knee surgery, finally looked like himself. He hit receivers in stride and completed passes into double coverage, finishing 19-for-28 for 271 yards with three touchdowns - easily his best game of the season.

The receivers were in sync, too.

Harrison, the perennial Pro Bowler, quieted those who thought he had lost a step by burning Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister for a a 67-yard touchdown to open the game and scored two TDs in a game for the first time since December 2006. The other Pro Bowler, Reggie Wayne, caught a 22-yard TD pass and had a 67-yarder called back on a holding penalty.

Indy also was efficient on the ground despite losing Pro Bowler Joseph Addai in the first quarter with a hamstring injury, and third-stringer Mike Hart in the second quarter with a right knee injury. That left Dominic Rhodes as the only remaining back on the active roster and he ran 25 times for 73 yards.

The combination was enough for the Colts (3-2) to revert to form.

``We've just been a little off and not been as sharp as we need to,'' coach Tony Dungy said. ``We saw that again a little today but we saw more of that sharpness today. I think it's good for the young guys to see how I think we can play.''

The Colts' defense took the cue, frustrating rookie quarterback Joe Flacco all day and limiting the Ravens to 49 yards in the first 2 1/2 quarters.

Flacco struggled, throwing an interception on the third play of the game, losing a fumble, botching a handoff, getting sacked four times and needing more than a quarter to produce a first down.

Predictably, the Ravens (2-3) lost their third in a row.

``This is bad,'' receiver Derrick Mason said. ``You take your hats off to them, but we did some things to make it easy for them to score.''

The Colts capitalized on every opening.

Manning and Harrison hooked up for the 67-yard TD pass on Indy's second series.

Then Manning threw a perfect strike to Wayne in the back of the end zone on the next series to make it 14-0. And after Flacco's fumble late in the first quarter, Adam Vinatieri made a 37-yard field goal to give the Colts a 17-0 lead.

That ended a 20-minute span, dating to their incredible comeback last week in Houston, in which the Colts outscored their opponents 38-0 and forced five turnovers.

``This is how we're built,'' Dungy said. ``We've got to get ahead of people quickly, and it helps when you get the lead because you play better.''

Manning certainly illustrated the point.

He led the Colts on a 52-yard drive just before halftime, finding Harrison on a 5-yard TD pass and took Indy 80 yards to open the second half, capping the drive with Rhodes' 1-yard TD run to make it 31-0 with 9:25 left in the third quarter.

Flacco was 28-for-38 with 241 yards, most coming after the game was already out of reach, and Baltimore's trademark ground game was never a factor after falling into the deep, early hole.

``We got what we deserved,'' first-year coach John Harbaugh said. ``That's what happens when we play the way we did.''

Notes: Harrison's two TD receptions gave him 126 in his career, moving him past Walter Payton and into 10th on the league's career list. ... The Ravens have lost six straight to the Colts, who called Baltimore home for more than three decades before moving to Indy. ... Running back Willis McGahee and guard Marshal Yanda both left the game in the fourth quarter, but Harbaugh had no update on their condition. ... Indy won in its third regular-season home game at Lucas Oil Stadium, with the sun shining down on the field for the first time ever. It also took the Colts three tries to win their first game at the RCA Dome.

injest

« Reply #3017 on: October 13, 2008, 07:32:23 am »
Yes, pictures always look better on photo paper.

Hey! I see Uncle down there! I haven't seen Garry here in a long time! :)

yep, he came to look at a post in the Open Forum that I thought he would like.

injest

« Reply #3018 on: October 13, 2008, 07:32:50 am »
Congrats on the Colts too by the way!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3019 on: October 13, 2008, 01:39:55 pm »

feeling better?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/