Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2157053 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3690 on: January 26, 2009, 03:28:21 am »
Congratulations on your Miss Indiana winning the Miss America contest!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jBxhPFpQZKfv2bbpSdYAs3HUsxzgD95TTIJ00

Katie Stam

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3691 on: January 26, 2009, 03:47:33 am »
Congratulations on your Miss Indiana winning the Miss America contest!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jBxhPFpQZKfv2bbpSdYAs3HUsxzgD95TTIJ00

Katie Stam

Thank you Shasta!! I know!! I'm so excited! It's the first time we've won it! :D

She's really cute, isn't she?

I didn't watch it. I didn't even know it was on! But it was in the Indy Star this morning.

YAY for Indiana!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3692 on: January 26, 2009, 07:59:00 am »
Ok, I didn't see "Mirrors", but I saw a scene on YouTube.......the woman in the bathtub.

ewwwwwh

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3693 on: January 26, 2009, 08:00:15 am »
;D YaY for Indiana from me too!!!

Yes. She is very cute---and look how tiny she is!

I think that the Miss America program has lost a lot of its popularity and it has been relegated to some not-so-big network. I also missed it.

Anyway---it would have been exciting to watch since the person from your  state won.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3694 on: January 26, 2009, 09:13:17 pm »
Thanks everyone!
i appreciate the kind words.
Never thought of myself that way!
heck I'm just coming to terms with the fact that
I'm not the freak I was always taught to think I was!  :)

Anyway, No, I wouldn't do the candyman thing.
I  know it was just made up but still, why test fate??
I think Miss Indiana is cute. She looks to me like a dark haired Reese Witherspoon.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

retropian

« Reply #3695 on: January 26, 2009, 09:18:01 pm »

I'm not the freak I was always taught to think I was!  :)

Well, to be a little freaky is a good thing, IMO. ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3696 on: January 27, 2009, 02:09:45 am »
I was watching the Discovery Health channel the other day and they had this preview on about a woman who ate 6 rolls for toilet paper a day.

That poor woman. Then they showed her in the hospital with severe abdominal pains. I forgot to watch the show. I think it was on last night. I wonder what made her want to do something like that?

She ate 6 rolls of toilet paper a day.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3697 on: January 27, 2009, 02:25:20 am »
I would guess that the woman suffers from an obsessive-compulsive disorder. 

They showed her sitting in this room pulling big chunks off a toilet paper roll and eating it. She craved it. She couldn't help herself. I felt really sorry for her. They said she eats six rolls of it a day. Then they showed her in the emergency room with severe pains. I completely forgot to watch the show. I remember hearing something similar about this girl that craved dirt. She would eat it by the handfuls. I'm wondering if maybe they are lacking some sort of proteins or something and that's why they crave weird things like that. I really don't know. :(

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3698 on: January 27, 2009, 08:15:13 am »
I remember seeing a story of a woman who compulsively chewed her own hair.  She went to the emergency room in pain, and the surgeon removed a ten pound ball of hair from her stomach.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #3699 on: January 27, 2009, 08:33:26 am »
They showed her sitting in this room pulling big chunks off a toilet paper roll and eating it. She craved it. She couldn't help herself. I felt really sorry for her. They said she eats six rolls of it a day. Then they showed her in the emergency room with severe pains. I completely forgot to watch the show. I remember hearing something similar about this girl that craved dirt. She would eat it by the handfuls. I'm wondering if maybe they are lacking some sort of proteins or something and that's why they crave weird things like that. I really don't know. :(

it's called "Pica"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

Pica is a medical disorder characterized by an appetite for substances largely non-nutritive (e.g., clay, coal, soil, feces, chalk, paper, soap, mucus, ash, gum etc.) or an abnormal appetite for some things that may be considered foods, such as food ingredients (e.g., flour, raw potato, starch, ice cubes, salt, blood).[1] In order for these actions to be considered pica, they must persist for more than one month at an age where eating such objects is considered developmentally inappropriate. The condition's name comes from the Latin word for magpie, a bird which is reputed to eat almost anything[1]. Pica is seen in all ages, particularly in pregnant women and small children, especially among children who are developmentally disabled, where it is the most common eating disorder[2].