Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2629965 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1810 on: October 15, 2007, 02:04:36 pm »
Yes, it was, performed by Charlie Hayden and Pat Methany. If you follow this link, you can see a wunnerful video set to that very music. Toward the bottom of the page.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,13746.40.html
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1811 on: October 15, 2007, 03:28:43 pm »
damn, Tru, your thread was busy when I was away!  Much to catch up on, and loved the poems!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1812 on: October 15, 2007, 03:31:33 pm »
damn, Tru, your thread was busy when I was away!  Much to catch up on, and loved the poems!

Well thank you Chuck. I have been trying to come up with something to write about the last few days. I am glad people have been coming by.

So far all I have is a guy standing in the yard of his trailer with a football in his hand and no one to throw it to and the knowledge I am in the first generation of my family to understand what a metaphor is.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1813 on: October 15, 2007, 03:52:33 pm »
So far all I have is a guy standing in the yard of his trailer with a football in his hand and no one to throw it to and the knowledge I am in the first generation of my family to understand what a metaphor is.

lmao!  Love this description!

I promise to keep coming by!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

karen1129

« Reply #1814 on: October 15, 2007, 04:16:31 pm »
Well thank you Chuck. I have been trying to come up with something to write about the last few days. I am glad people have been coming by.

ROFLMAO !!!
Sounds like my family Tru.  Maybe we are related !!!
 ;D

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1815 on: October 15, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »

Uh, oh, better put the blocks to it!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1816 on: October 15, 2007, 08:34:40 pm »
 ;D

while wondering how to be sure Annie Proulx was called for Jury Duty in the trial of Matthew Shepard's killers, I am hurling out the back door of the office. I will go 15 miles to let Lady back in the house. Lady, Blessed art thou amongst dogs. She who I let out at lunch from her nap, tottering out to the end of the drive way to smell for her friend, the neighborhood Chihuahua, who past in a multi colored jeep with its owner, alert to her presence, Lady oblivious. I had left her out in case later her friend might get to hop over and play with her. 112 in human years, she jumps and turns like a pup again. It, and baby asprin keep her going.

The phone rigns and it is my tenant, called to tell me he had hit up all his friends for money so he could get the rent to me, with apologies and tales of the idoits at the social security office, he has left it in the usual place, at the end of my driveway, under a rock, $250 in cash in a baggy between a pirce of Virginia Quartz and a greenish stone from North Dakota. He rents a little house over the hill from me. His x-old lady grew up in the house before her father lost it to foreclosure. He was anxious to rent it for her and called me on the phone to warn me: I have a tattoo on my face. He sure does.

Lady is nowhere to be found. She can barely hear, I walk all about whistling for her as loud as I can. Even is she hears me in her sleep, in the leaves some place, the effect might be only to make her dream of me, or maybe she has gone off to die. You never know. I am flustrated. I must now travel back to the other side of town to consume food with my mother.

Sunday I eat breakfast and supper with her and Mondays I eat supper with her, a hold over from the days before I had a washer and dryer, I would bring my laundry on Sunday and pick it up on monday. I couldn;t stop the practice, I am 8 minutes late. She says she is about to eat without me. Says my sister was there and wanted to see me. I tell her if it is important she will call me. She tells me about the ballet she saw, the jokes she heard and how her bowling team did.

Annie Proulx is waiting in a room in my head, waiting to be called before the prsecution and the defense. I give her a window so she can look out at the blue birds and the whiskey spring.

After 30 mintues I bolt, I go home and I get out the story to screenplay book and no, it is not there. Diana Ossana visited with her during the time Shepard died, but where.....I google. It is getting dark. I got to find the dog. I bolt again.

I listen to Madonna going up the road. "Once upon a time, there was a boy, there was a girl........I always thought we'd be together" I pull into the driveway and whistle loudly, and there she is, at the edge of the yard. She is Mrs. Twist on the porch, if she had an apron, she would smooth it.

She follows me in, says nothing, she just looks, just looks at me mixing her wet and dry food with the orange baby asprins. She is ready to eat, she emotes.

An official looking clerk type person stepps into the room in my head and tells Ms. Proulx she can go home now, court is adjourned for the day.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1817 on: October 15, 2007, 09:20:54 pm »
So glad Lady got her supper and Annie got her window.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1818 on: October 15, 2007, 09:56:10 pm »
Your wardrobe is getting a lot of attention over at my place. I see you're not wearing it over here at your house. Oh well, I understand. You can always be yourself at my place  ;)

Jack

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1819 on: October 15, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »
     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your wardrobe is getting a lot of attention over at my place. I see you're not wearing it over here at your house. Oh well, I understand. You can always be yourself at my place 

Jack

Is this some inside joke we dont know about....woah,,,im gobsmacked...

You babysittin Lady again...how does she and kitty get on?

Beautiful mind