Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2629711 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2150 on: October 24, 2007, 01:19:50 pm »
Wow Truman, thats really cool!
I'd love to do that as well!
Lord knows what would show up!! LOL
You knowmy history, it could be intersting to say the least!  :laugh:

I think in time everyone will have theirs on their PDA or something. It could become become another political debate I suppose, Big Brother having everones DNA on file might deter a lot of criminals, or make them saavier. (Is that a word?)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2151 on: October 24, 2007, 01:20:32 pm »

I think in time everyone will have theirs on their PDA or something. It could become become another political debate I suppose, Big Brother having everones DNA on file might deter a lot of criminals, or make them saavier. (Is that a word?)
It would be more savvy! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2152 on: October 24, 2007, 01:20:38 pm »

That post was not intended to curry sympathy..But thank you guys for the words anyhow.
I truly do wonder about those things...How it is some of us dont do things,, except for raising our children,
That is a very difficult joy not a doubt..However it will only remain if you do a bad job.  Then the courts will
put your name into a place of rememberance...    :(

I have always loved poetry and wished i was good at it..Alas i am not... oh well.

I would be curious to do that test as well Truman...My family surname is a rarity, and I am only aware
of the family as far back as my paternal grandfather...He was killed when my father was a small child, and so
it goes.  We do not know anyone beyond that..

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2153 on: October 24, 2007, 01:55:48 pm »
Wow, I have actually been to the Genealogical Scoiety of Pennsylvania's digs in Central City, it helped me in the right direction to my folks church in Frankfort.

I bet that could be a hugely mundane job.  :laugh:

Hunh?  :o You got roots in Philadelphia?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2154 on: October 24, 2007, 02:06:37 pm »
I had 2 sets of g-g grandparents come from Ireland in the Potato famine, they settled in South Jersey and all came to live in Gloucester City. My great grandparents married there in 1875 and move to Frankfort where their first two chillins were born, then then moved to Wilmigton, Delaware where my grandfather and three sisters were born and then they became carpet baggers and moved to several places in North Carolina and had 4 more chillins. They were an odd bunch, the only Catholics for a hunnered miles around I am sure. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2155 on: October 24, 2007, 02:13:44 pm »
I had 2 sets of g-g grandparents come from Ireland in the Potato famine, they settled in South Jersey and all came to live in Gloucester City. My great grandparents married there in 1875 and move to Frankfort where their first two chillins were born, then then moved to Wilmigton, Delaware where my grandfather and three sisters were born and then they became carpet baggers and moved to several places in North Carolina and had 4 more chillins. They were an odd bunch, the only Catholics for a hunnered miles around I am sure. 

Wow. I think it's neat that you know that stuff, the way they moved around, and all.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2156 on: October 24, 2007, 02:26:01 pm »
Well thank kew, I enjoy it. Now if you wanna see somthing scary go over to my picture of the day.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2157 on: October 24, 2007, 02:37:35 pm »
Hunh?  :o You got roots in Philadelphia?
I do I do!!!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2158 on: October 24, 2007, 03:02:21 pm »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2159 on: October 24, 2007, 03:09:26 pm »
Really?  :o
Oh yeah!
My Dads side is from up there.
He was born in Upper Darby. My Uncles and cousins lived in Philly for years.
I used to go all the time as a kid. That where my Cousin Andy was killed.
My Grandparents live in Ocean City New Jersey in the Summer so I fly in to Philly and drive over when I come to Visit.