Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2631045 times)

Scott6373

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2290 on: November 01, 2007, 11:27:27 am »

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2291 on: November 01, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
Who are your new friends Chuck?

google is a wonderful thing.  ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2292 on: November 01, 2007, 11:30:42 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Scott6373

« Reply #2293 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:39 am »

Oh stop it.   :laugh:

Your fingers type no-no...while your eyes say...oh please do.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2294 on: November 01, 2007, 11:41:46 am »
I don't see it that way at all, Janice.  You are one of the most loving and generous people I've ever met.  And I knew that about you long before we met in Denver the first time.  I had you pictured as older, though, because there's a wisdom and a grace that you have that makes me feel like a puppy, gangly and awkward, in comparison.  I'd like to have your strength and resilience too.  You are often, if not always, the one of the first to reach out to a new member here, make them feel at home.  I could list quite a few people who have come, and both moved on or stayed on, who rely on your friendship and support.  I count myself proudly among them.  I know about your family - I met your husband and daughter-in-law.  I know about your love and devotion to your granddaughters.  I know your brother through you.  I walked and you supported me.  I don't doubt you will again, especially when I stumble.

Consider my grandmother - she passed away in 1985 - but I still feel her with me.  And she has life renewed because I shared her with someone.

If there's anything to my conservation of energy theology, your spirit lives in others with whom you share it, and it lives on after your body is gone - whether it's shared in a picture, in a hug, in a paragraph, or in a memory.

Maybe the question that needs to be asked is why we don't find enough time to tell the people we care about how much they mean to us and why?  Why do we think they should know, that it goes without saying, when it doesn't and shouldn't??

{{{{{{{{{{{{Janice}}}}}}}}}}}}

I love you, Janice.  Thank you for holding my hand in San Francisco and singing with me.

I know this post is a little late. I am behind on this thread cause I have had to do all this studying for these classes  :( Anyway, I just want to say that I completely and totally agree with what Lynne says concerning you Janice. Each thing she says is true about you. To have you as a friend is truly an important gift that means very much to me. As Lynne says you were one of the very first people who reached out to me and made me feel a part of the group in Colorado. You are very important and please don't ever forget that.

Jack

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2295 on: November 01, 2007, 11:44:43 am »
Think it through...LOL

Bring in the young boys?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #2296 on: November 01, 2007, 11:48:11 am »
B ran I T ell Y ou B ran

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2297 on: November 01, 2007, 11:51:14 am »
Oh yeah!
My Dads side is from up there.
He was born in Upper Darby. My Uncles and cousins lived in Philly for years.
I used to go all the time as a kid. That where my Cousin Andy was killed.
My Grandparents live in Ocean City New Jersey in the Summer so I fly in to Philly and drive over when I come to Visit.

That's interesting. My father is also from Philadelphia and my mother is from here in NC. I also used to visit Philadelphia every summer when I was growing up, but I don't remember too much about it now. It is actually on my list of cities I want to visit.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2298 on: November 01, 2007, 12:12:25 pm »
Over the weekend I pondered a lot about my online life vs. my real life. The two are taxing me, but in some ways the online version has been a rewarding experience. Still I feel conflict growing.

It is not that I intentionally keep the two worlds separate, but perhaps I have fallen into that old mentality of comparmentalizing things so that they do not touch. Controlling information about myself, while also being an exhibitionist. Man my mind it a strange place.

I think I need to see that the two separate worlds are that way logistically. Same as your work life and your home life can be two different worlds. Let there be enough energy to sustain the effort effectively, it all I ask. 

Truman, I am glad someone else has pondered this online life vs. real life thing besides me. The two seem to be at conflict many times and it seems to be worse if the two somehow get intertwined or blurry. For example, my trip to San Francisco was great. I don't regret it. I am glad I went. But, it was one of those times where the distinction was blurred and the blurring caused issues on both sides. These issues affected my perceptions and ended up causing problems in the online world because of the real world and vice versa. That's not even to mention the problems caused by one online world becoming a real world for awhile and causing issues with the other online world. And then there are the issues caused by the real world of work, the real world of school and the online worlds where I might sometimes rather be. So, in writing this, I am discovering how truly confused I really am. So if this all sounds confusing it is because it is. I have made mistakes in all of the worlds so maybe that means I am completely overtaxed. Maybe I have way too many lives going on.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2299 on: November 01, 2007, 01:39:57 pm »
B ran I T ell Y ou B ran

I think maybe I like my version better. Over age 18, of course. ...  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.