Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2626699 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2310 on: November 02, 2007, 11:43:30 am »
It just does not seem like it should be November already. I swear I just cleaned out those gutters, who cam and crammed all them leaves in them?

I know. The bad weather we had up here a week ago is like what we usually get around the fall equinox in September. Weather here now is more like normal for October than November.

I won't mind if we have a nice November. Usually it's just rainy and cold up here in November. I hate November.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour this Saturday night.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2311 on: November 02, 2007, 11:50:11 am »
I know. The bad weather we had up here a week ago is like what we usually get around the fall equinox in September. Weather here now is more like normal for October than November.

I won't mind if we have a nice November. Usually it's just rainy and cold up here in November. I hate November.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour this Saturday night.

And that, gawd, next week it will be dark at 5 pm. I gone have to get me some of that zainax.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2312 on: November 02, 2007, 11:52:02 am »
And that, gawd, next week it will be dark at 5 pm. I gone have to get me some of that zainax.

I hate it when it gets dark so early. And Thanksgiving is only three weeks from yesterday. I am not in the mood for the holiday season this year.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2313 on: November 02, 2007, 11:57:00 am »
I hate it when it gets dark so early. And Thanksgiving is only three weeks from yesterday. I am not in the mood for the holiday season this year.

Awe gawd, sugar consumption season! it starts at halloween and runs thru valentines day. All them people using them old recipies to feed 12 people and you got to go eat at ever dang one of them houses and regift those presents. Nobody needing anything. And if you buy something for a kid forget it, they already have 5 of them.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2314 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:27 am »
It just does not seem like it should be November already. I swear I just cleaned out those gutters, who cam and crammed all them leaves in them?
Who you tellin!!!
This year has flown by!
I'm glad to have 40 behind me but not excited about being 41!
I think I'm gonna start going back'ards!!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2315 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:02 pm »
Awe gawd, sugar consumption season! it starts at halloween and runs thru valentines day. All them people using them old recipies to feed 12 people and you got to go eat at ever dang one of them houses and regift those presents. Nobody needing anything. And if you buy something for a kid forget it, they already have 5 of them.

I think maybe my Christmas present to myself this year is gonna be a cowboy teddy bear. I'd like a cowboy teddy bear, and I found out that Buildabear has "cowbear hats" and "cowbear boots."  ;D Put them and a shirt and little pair of jeans on a teddy bear and you're good to go. Think maybe I'll call him Ennis.  ;D

Teddy bears are better than men 'cause they love you unconditionally, they are always there when you need them, and they never disappoint.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2316 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:45 pm »
I am not in the mood for the holiday season this year.

hope that changes for you, the holidays are supposed to be fun and happy, but for a lot of people they aren't.

Last holiday season, I had the worst Thanksgiving and Christmas of my life.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2317 on: November 02, 2007, 12:03:36 pm »
Who you tellin!!!
This year has flown by!

Oh, you poor kid, you, just wait till you're facing 50.  >:(  ;D  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2318 on: November 02, 2007, 12:10:36 pm »

hope that changes for you, the holidays are supposed to be fun and happy, but for a lot of people they aren't.

Last holiday season, I had the worst Thanksgiving and Christmas of my life.

I'm sorry to hear that.

The holidays just seem to be getting more and more stressful. I thought I was going to have a nice, relaxed time of it last year, and it turned out just the opposite. I bring a lot of it on myself. There is just too much to do and never enough time to do it in, never enough, till I try to fit in things that are personally meaningful to me along with social obligations--which I think are important because it isn't good to be a hermit at any time of the year.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2319 on: November 02, 2007, 12:11:49 pm »
Who you tellin!!!
This year has flown by!

Yeah, what Jeff said, there is no turning back, and you think time is flying now, tomorrow you'll be 45!