Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2630723 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3220 on: December 21, 2007, 10:54:26 am »

You are such an elegant and charming man.  
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3221 on: December 21, 2007, 10:55:24 am »
Oh Truman!
As usual you so eloquently and beautifully hit the mark!
Of all the things I love about you, your way with words is one of the most treasured!
You speak straight to the heart and do it in a way the brain understands and demures.
Just wonderful!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3222 on: December 21, 2007, 11:07:49 am »
Oh Truman!
Of all the things I love about you, your way with words is one of the most treasured!
You speak straight to the heart and do it in a way the brain understands and demures.
Just wonderful!

Yeah. You should be a writer.  :)

Merry Christmas, Tru.  :)

(((Tru)))
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3223 on: December 21, 2007, 11:34:03 am »
Well Jeff, it is like whistling, you just put your lips together and blow.....perhaps I should, perhaps I do. It serves itself.

Happy Hollidays!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3224 on: December 21, 2007, 11:53:39 am »
Sitting here now waiting for comcast to restore my connection to the world, I ponder aloud the place of this forum in my life, and the bigger picture. I hear increasingly the complaints of people about situations, about one another. I have seem people bring turmoil to their lives over situations they have found here. I smile, because I am seeing a reflection of life, maybe even life itself.  I have heard people talk of leaving, I have "seen" them get their asses all up on their shoulders, like their conflicts are so important they have to take action.

How did it happen?

Hiya big brother!

I have to say, BetterMost is not alone in this situation.  We've had a few members on DCF also say the same thing.....talk about the changes and the way they feel the site or the community is different.

We all need to step back and realize what has happened.

When Brokeback kicked us all in the stomach, we were all completely stunned, and often found ourselves alone.  Those closest to us in "real life" didn't "get it".  We saw the movie for what it was, and turned to the forums to find kindred spirits.

When we all first started to meet through the boards, and then in person, we idealized each other.  We were the ones who "got it".  We were the perfect friends, calling each other "family".  We let ourselves get caught up in the feelings of finding other people who understood what we are going through.  After all, all that everyone wants is to be understood, and not feel alone.

Now, two years have passed since we got that kick from Brokeback, and now, we're starting to see the people we've idealized as who they really are, warts and all.

It can be hard to deal with sometimes.

Fact of the matter is, that all people have disagreements and arguements.  It's the human experience.

That doesn't diminish all the good things that have happened since the formation of DCF or BM.

I am still in touch with a number of people who I first met almost 2 years ago, and am looking forward to the next get together.

It also doesn't diminish all the good things that WILL happen because of DCF or BM.

This was a growing and learning experience for all of us, and it will continue to be such.  If we stop growing and learning, we become stagnant, and then we are good to no one, including ourselves.

"Not to fight" was not one of the lessons of Brokeback.  Jack and Ennis fought, but their passion didn't diminish.

Being stuck, and not changing is what did in Jack & Ennis.  It was one of the lessons of Brokeback, and we need to allow ourselves to change, and accept those around us as they change.

If you can't accept others for who they are, then you really shouldn't be friends with them in the first place.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3225 on: December 21, 2007, 11:56:20 am »
All of life is change, from the moment we come out of the womb till the moment they put us in the ground--and, I guess, even beyond that point, till we all return to dust.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #3226 on: December 21, 2007, 12:06:52 pm »
Life is nothing if not changeable.  Accept and adapt or don't accept and die miserable.  Giving of oneself is much easier to accomplish if you expect nothing in return, because you never know how the given situation will change in the next minute.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3227 on: December 21, 2007, 01:18:11 pm »
I think I cannot express any better than what Richard said so I will quote him on this part:

Oh Truman!
Just wonderful!

Your story practically brings tears to my eyes cause in a way it sounds like you are saying it is all over. I don't want it to be over. I have not been around here as long as some of you since I first appeared this past May or June. The feelings you express are still there. I saw them and I still do see them. We have people who are just now appearing to us. They see it too. You are right that some will disagree on how things should be done on Bettermost as well as DC and those disagreements have ended things for some people. But I still think it is a minority. For example we sure don't (or I least I don't) see any kinds of issues here on your blog or anyone else's blog that I keep up with. If anything I feel that I become closer to each of you with each passing day. I guess for many of us this, especially your blog, is our main home base from where we venture out and sometimes discover the bickering that is going on in other areas of the forum. And I for one have no desire to bicker with anyone about anything. I did first see that on DC where I have never been an active member anyway. I felt that in the atmosphere there and I still do so I pretty much just look there every once in awhile to see what is going on. However, I always end up here at home Bettermost. I assume that at one time the bickering did not exist at DC and I have noticed that it does seem to be on the upswing here at Bettermost. Bickering is a waste of time and effort plus it is not the reason I am here day after day. I am here to talk with and become better friends with those of you who I care so much about and who will listen to me. And along the way I even find new friends.

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3228 on: December 21, 2007, 02:20:16 pm »
I did happen upon a place here where I saw a storm brewing while looking around the community. That was scary so I left quickly. Like I say I do not and will not ever get into any kind of confrontation. I don't like those. Things can work themselves out in whichever way they choose cause I like to be in a pleasant place like Shakes the G's place. The doormat always says "Welcome, you are in a friendly place." And inside it smells like cinnamon  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3229 on: December 21, 2007, 02:46:16 pm »
I did happen upon a place here where I saw a storm brewing while looking around the community. That was scary so I left quickly. Like I say I do not and will not ever get into any kind of confrontation. I don't like those. Things can work themselves out in whichever way they choose cause I like to be in a pleasant place like Shakes the G's place. The doormat always says "Welcome, you are in a friendly place." And inside it smells like cinnamon  :)

:) Mmmmm....cinnamon.

I'm non-confrontational too, Jack. I'd like all of us to get along. And...we mostly do!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~