Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2630786 times)

Scott6373

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3230 on: December 21, 2007, 02:52:43 pm »
Dear Truman,

Of all the people out here, you know I understand exactly what you are saying.  Sometimes, as I have said to you, we get so close to the situations in our lives that we lose sight of what is good and right for us.  To some degree, we all suffer from the emotional ignorance that Ennis and Jack were afflicted with.  But, as with them, there is a light in each of us that constantly shines on our personal truths, and there are times when what we see is not attractive.

Yes, people, things and places will pass from our daily lives, and memory will be the food that sustains us, and there are times when we must fight to keep the things that are good for us, and times when we must cry to let those that damage us emotionally leave us for good, but in the end, it is still memory that sustains us.  You and I are not so far apart…we know this, we’ve said this, but I want you to know that the light you bring shines in a particular way that brings truth home in a peaceful and loving way.  I could never express the gifts you have brought to me, and I am sure there are many who would say the same. 

Letting go and leaving are not the same thing.  We let go of those things and people that are moving in directions we cannot follow, or that have caused us some form of irreparable pain.  We leave because we know that we must move in order to grow.  Wherever I go, and whatever becomes of Bettermost, I know that, like you, I will have some very warm memories of some very good people that will soothe any pain or hurt that has, or will come my way.  You, my dearest friend, are one of those people, and always will be.  This light will always shine just for you.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3231 on: December 21, 2007, 03:32:44 pm »
         OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR.........like I wasn't in the Christmas spirit before.. I feel like part of me,
just died.  I think you both speak so true.  I believe that Jack and I also feel a lot the same.  However, it
has been a happenstance of very recent origin, in my eyes.  There has been some kind of force that is
here at work.  It is as i told someone the other day.  Like unto a virus.  It is starting from a very dire place,
and is spreading out to all the area surrounding it.  It makes me sad, that we are being thusly torn asunder.

So do I need to say before its too late.  How very much so many of the people here mean to me.  Just in
case, you dont know.  you do......and I will always love you.  "With a love that will never grow old."

:-*   :-*   :-*  :-*  :-*
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:28:34 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3232 on: December 21, 2007, 07:51:51 pm »
For those of us in the northern half of the planet, it is the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year. After tonight, the days will begin to grow longer, but we have to get Thur tonight.
Me stuffin' my mouth of course.   ::) :laugh:  An ecstatically happy time.

Nothing lasts forever, not even the Earth. Meaning is tied to time.

It has been a bad week. The saddest I could imagine.

We mean something to each other, even if "we" only exist now. Thanks Truman for being my friend.

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3233 on: December 21, 2007, 11:06:58 pm »
You all make it sound as if this is all coming to an end very soon. I don't think we need to let that happen. We all come here each day and we tell or lives and we trust. Sometimes that trust can end up being more than we should have trusted. But is that not true of any kind of life or community we are ever in?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3234 on: December 21, 2007, 11:25:07 pm »
I don't think it's coming to an end soon.

There are two major get togethers planed in 2008, and 2009 is already being discussed as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3235 on: December 22, 2007, 12:26:40 am »
     I hope you are right...I dont think it will happen in the next couple of weeks, but it has lots of things out of the ordinary going on here...
      Those of us who cherish and love this place, need to take the positive approach to all we can in order to keep it flowing.  Where we see the negative and combative natures of our fellows causing disruptive behavior.  We need to calmly and firmly remind them...That is just not how things should happen here. 
       This is a place for all peoples views and ideas, as long as everyone is respectful of all the others.  Not just the ones that agree with us. 
       If one is trying to set themself up as the master of all the domain, at the disrespect and shunning of others ideas.  That is very disruptive and
devisive.  We have all been very keen to be sure that has been the case up until now.
       However at this time, it seems to be getting to the them vs us mentality...There is bitterness and ire, being passed around from one
thread to the next.  It has to stop.  And if everyone wants to continue
this place we all love and respect.  The place we have learned to call home.
We all need to do our part, to see kindness and respect is of prime import.
This attitude has to stop now...I am highly upset at  those that dont respect this place, and feel they as an individual, are more important than the community as a whole,  This is my opinion.  For what its worth.   janice.

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3236 on: December 22, 2007, 01:11:10 am »

... I want you to know that the light you bring shines in a particular way that brings truth home in a peaceful and loving way.  I could never express the gifts you have brought to me, and I am sure there are many who would say the same. 

[Elle nods.]  What Scott said here.  I would like to be more like you that way, Truman.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3237 on: December 22, 2007, 01:22:52 am »
I feel that may have been what happened on DC. I don't really know since I am newer here and I never knew DC or BetterMost at the beginning. I just know that there always seems to be a lot of arguing over there about everything, even Survivor  :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3238 on: December 22, 2007, 01:44:05 am »

Wouldnt we all.  He is a very unique, and lovely individual.  A man among men...

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3239 on: December 22, 2007, 12:42:27 pm »
Well what I am saying is that things are changing, and while the story of Jack and Ennis is very much a part of my life, and always will be, this site is changing, the residents here are changing to. I think it can morph into something else, grow, and I am not giving up on it. Things change and I hate confrontation and I see so much controversy happening here over this issue and that and people struggling to deal with it. People being mean to one another, people getting their feeling hurt.

As a moderator I feel a certain obligation to try and resolve it, but I don't know what to do. I can;t make people play nice when they can sit in the comfort of their homes and blast someone they have never met about some issue. I wonder would they do the same if that person were sitting acrossed the table from them. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."