Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2629704 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3540 on: January 06, 2008, 12:39:22 am »
Jack, I 'm so sorry for you.  What a difficult experience. 

Just shows how we can fool ourselves when we are in love.

Thanks Paul! Yes, the old saying about love is blind. It sure is. I hope I never allow myself to be that blind again.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3541 on: January 06, 2008, 12:48:01 am »
Truman, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Tedd. He does indeed sound like he was quite a character as well as someone you were very lucky to know.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3542 on: January 06, 2008, 07:59:36 pm »
Hey Janice you know what, we saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time on the same day.

Man, two years, in some ways it does not seem possible and in some ways it is like a life of its own. this thing, that got a hold of us.

This morning I was watching CBS, its program "Sunday Morning" and they were doing a bit about new words in the language when suddenly there on the little screen was Ennis Del Mar on horseback, taking the sheep up the mountain and the music. That soothing, meloncholy music that made the world stop for just a moment. OMG, it was like seeing a ghost.

The narroator went on to describe the term "Brokeback Marriage" in which at least one of the parters is gay. My mind had to switch gears back to "straight marriages".  :laugh: :laugh:

Jack Twist died for us. Jack Twist lives. Ying and Yang.

Wanna dance?  ;) 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3543 on: January 06, 2008, 09:05:04 pm »
Gary, I really appreciate you writing what you did. That must have been an extremely hard thing for you to watch and be a part of with your mother. I can't even hardly imagine how hard that must have been on you. I guess when we find that there have been pitfalls in our own lives it doesn't take much to find someone else near who had been through worse.

And Truman, I didn't see what you were mentioning on "Sunday Morning," but I did have the show on in the background. I heard them mention something about words and I heard that wonderful music. I thought I had misheard something since by the time I got there to look they had moved on to something else. I'm glad you confirmed what I thought I heard.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #3544 on: January 06, 2008, 11:41:37 pm »
Jack Twist died for us. Jack Twist lives.
Jack Twist has a lot of the same letters as Jesus Christ.    :D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3545 on: January 07, 2008, 07:31:16 am »
I'm always amazed at the amount of personal experiences that people will share!

Jack, Tru, Gary, thanks for letting people see your experiences and letting them learn from them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3546 on: January 07, 2008, 09:50:14 am »
Over the weekend I heard some one, maybe Garrison Keillor, say something to the effect that when we go out of this world it is not the monuments carved in stone we leave behind it is the threads we weave into one anothers lives that make the difference. It is good to see and hear others experences, we are not as alone as we sometimes make out.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3547 on: January 07, 2008, 10:14:51 am »
Hey Janice you know what, we saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time on the same day.

Man, two years, in some ways it does not seem possible and in some ways it is like a life of its own. this thing, that got a hold of us.

This morning I was watching CBS, its program "Sunday Morning" and they were doing a bit about new words in the language when suddenly there on the little screen was Ennis Del Mar on horseback, taking the sheep up the mountain and the music. That soothing, meloncholy music that made the world stop for just a moment. OMG, it was like seeing a ghost.

The narroator went on to describe the term "Brokeback Marriage" in which at least one of the parters is gay. My mind had to switch gears back to "straight marriages".  :laugh: :laugh:

Jack Twist died for us. Jack Twist lives. Ying and Yang.

Wanna dance?  ;) 

Is that scene from the first fishin trip the one after the reunion?
I don't remember it. Ennis looks so pained and Jack is just being Jack. Happy to be with Ennis.
I love it@
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3548 on: January 07, 2008, 10:22:46 am »
It was right after they got a move on, all them sheep going up hill, sort of curving around to their right, Ennis loping along on Cigar Butt and the music starts for the first time.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3549 on: January 07, 2008, 10:27:59 am »

Is that scene from the first fishin trip the one after the reunion?

Richard that scene never made it into the movie...It was supposed to be, the ride from brokeback to signal I think...

An Truman, I would dance with you and step on your toes again,,,anytime anywhere....and you can say that
  twice and MEAN IT.         :-*
    i am so happy we share yet another thing....our anniversary.    

Beautiful mind