Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2631225 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3610 on: January 09, 2008, 06:24:21 pm »
Good luck at the dentist.  I've not been to the dentist in over 20 years.  I think I'm due for a checkup. 

I try to go regularly.  Truman I hope you have good insurance, Root canals are very expensive.  I have a mouth full of dental work.  Lots of root canals and crowns..  Now they want to do a deep cleaning.  Only $200 and something a quadrantI!  And the fuckers wont do any other work till thats done.  Well i spent a lot of money on a root canal a couple years ago and it desperately needs a crown or im gonna loose the tooth.  I still have every adult tooth in my mouth, minus the wisdom teeth.

Get the root canal.  Its not so bad.  Hurts the pocket book more then it hurts you mouth.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3611 on: January 10, 2008, 09:54:46 am »
Yeah they took an x-ray and you cold tell the sinus was pressing against the nerve. The dentist said the tooth was okay and I should just take sinus medicine, I have never seen him look quite so disapointed.  :D

Well, I guess I know what became of your sinus-induced pseudo-toothache. I've got it this morning.  :(

I took painkiller and decongestant, but these things take time to work.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3612 on: January 10, 2008, 01:15:05 pm »
I try to go regularly.  Truman I hope you have good insurance, Root canals are very expensive.  I have a mouth full of dental work.  Lots of root canals and crowns..  Now they want to do a deep cleaning.  Only $200 and something a quadrantI!  And the fuckers wont do any other work till thats done.  Well i spent a lot of money on a root canal a couple years ago and it desperately needs a crown or im gonna loose the tooth.  I still have every adult tooth in my mouth, minus the wisdom teeth.

Get the root canal.  Its not so bad.  Hurts the pocket book more then it hurts you mouth.

The only insurance I have is on my houses and my car. Nothing medical or dental, and so far so good.

I had a crown put in about 8 year ago, dang thing chipped in a few weeks and they replaced it for free. I can;t remember how much that was but it was steep.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3613 on: January 10, 2008, 01:18:50 pm »
No medical insurance??

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3614 on: January 10, 2008, 01:29:52 pm »
No medical insurance??

I have not had medical coverage since 1999.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3615 on: January 10, 2008, 01:31:28 pm »
I have not had medical coverage since 1999.

Shit. That's hard.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3616 on: January 10, 2008, 06:13:06 pm »
Yeah, look at that whole root canal thing. In earlier days they would just pull a tooth like that. But there isn't much money in pulling a tooth.

Maybe there was less money in pulling teeth, but then you end up without teeth. Not a good result. The strategy, and I think it's a good one, is to save one's teeth, not remove them.

If you have a tooth pulled, you have to live toothless (no more cost) or replace the tooth with something artificial which costs much more than a root canal.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3617 on: January 11, 2008, 01:27:49 am »

Wake up sweet prince.  Where are you today.?  Whatcha doin?  You have been
kind of missing in action around here.... :-\

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3618 on: January 11, 2008, 08:37:48 am »
Hey, since I know this is a busy blog...I started a poll over on The Polling Place about people's first experience seeing Brokeback Mountain. Please go add your thoughts to the thread! Thanks!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3619 on: January 11, 2008, 09:09:32 am »
Maybe there was less money in pulling teeth, but then you end up without teeth. Not a good result. The strategy, and I think it's a good one, is to save one's teeth, not remove them.

If you have a tooth pulled, you have to live toothless (no more cost) or replace the tooth with something artificial which costs much more than a root canal.

There is a guy in my office that can detach his implanted tooth and twirl it with his lips like a chicklet.  :laugh: