Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2630106 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4040 on: February 28, 2008, 11:31:53 pm »
I agree about Joe Penney, but I don't think the guy on The Biggest Loser is a hunky trainer. He reminds me of Richard Simmons' brother for some reason. Or are you talking about Gillian  :D

I've never watched the show. I don't know who Gillian is. I just remember seeing a commercial once that showed a hunky guy putting fat people through their paces.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4041 on: February 28, 2008, 11:37:54 pm »
Clarrissa thank you for thinking I am a good moderator, and Natali thank you for being a good friend and connection to a world that is alien to me but should not. Gary, thank you for being a courageous man who has not fear about sharing himself. Jess, thank you for being a good mother, a responcible player in your own family/world and sharing that with us. Janice, thank you for sharing and showing by example, how love should be given. Katie, same for you, both you ladies come from a place of loss and inhabit a world where there is beauty to appreciate  and nurture. Lynne, thank you for everything. You are like WD-40 whereever you go. I think that riding with you on Highway 1 in Alberta last summer was one of the most cathartic experences I have ever had. Chuck and Rich, if you don't stop picking on each other I m going to send you both to bed with out any supper. Karen, thank you for worriying about your friends, they appreciate it in their own way. Lee, thank you for having a vision, thank you for your steadfast adhearance to the thruth this story has brought your life. Paul, Thank you for watching that PBS special on Charles Shultz, and calling to tell me  ;) . I saved that message a long time. You are a good friend. Jeff, thankyou for sharing and offering your well reasoned views. I don't drink Scotch but when I hear it I think of you. Kelda, who is not Scotch, thank you for bring a continuing presence in my life and world and sharing your adventures.

And to both my Scotts,  :-* :-*

This community is the world I cannot have in my real life. I have something like it, but it never felt as real and as connected as this. Lets us all keep trying, no matter where our paths take us. Lets us all be. Let be.

:'( :'( :'(

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4042 on: February 29, 2008, 12:04:50 am »
Just joking. I'm not here that much  :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4043 on: February 29, 2008, 05:30:11 am »

"Puts you in a pensive mood."

What a great beer slogan!  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4044 on: February 29, 2008, 09:54:20 am »
"Puts you in a pensive mood."

What a great beer slogan!  :)

"The thinking man's beer"?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4045 on: February 29, 2008, 10:45:04 am »
I saw it way back when it first came out. It was pretty disturbing to me at the time, but I'm not sure what I would think of it now. Doesn't a gay guy get murdered at the beginning of it?

Yeah it starts out with an arm in the East River. YUK.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4046 on: February 29, 2008, 10:46:49 am »
:'( :'( :'(

And thank you Jack for not holding a grude when I have so many friends I can;t name them all.

I think it is time for a trip to the Biltmore House, don't cha think?

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4047 on: February 29, 2008, 03:48:57 pm »
I love the Biltmore house.  It's so beautiful.  When my Dad toured the house and gardens I remember him saying, "This must be what heaven is like," so I hope he and Mother have their very own Biltmore now.   :D

I liked the bar at the winery, too.  Those waiters were hot.   :P

I googled the Baltimore House and I have to say that's hardly a house but a castle!!! Is it a hotel or something?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4048 on: February 29, 2008, 03:56:55 pm »
I googled the Baltimore House and I have to say that's hardly a house but a castle!!! Is it a hotel or something?

I think it was originally a summer home for one of the Vanderbilts, but Truman probably knows better than I do.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4049 on: February 29, 2008, 05:03:01 pm »
I think it was originally a summer home for one of the Vanderbilts, but Truman probably knows better than I do.

I think actually it was the Vanderbilts summer place, but Cornelius didn't get to enjoy the 125,000 acres very long because he died. Most of the acerage became Pisgah National Forest and his heir still own the house and 8,000 acres, but they have been trying to sell it the past few years.