Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2680782 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2790 on: November 25, 2007, 01:30:16 pm »
So yesterday we made the trek to Richmond to see Weston's family at the hospital. I had decided not to try and see Weston himself, it would accomplish nothing, I will see him when he is able to talk.

For those of you who have never experienced it, which I pretty sure is everyone, the ride from my house to Richmond is the longest three hour of your life, down Rt. 58 to South Boston, then Rt 360, forever, on the dullest road in the commonwealth. Thru towns like Jennings Ordinary, Skinquarter, Burkeville, Snore......

As we neared Richmond I noticed the car ahead of me was that of a local judge back home, I made sure to wave as I passed. I suppose he was headed to a ball game. The I noticed the stoplights were dark. Up ahead a wreck had the traffic diverted Thur this neighborhood, which slowed us even more. Down Hull Street, past the boarded up buildings and Sista Girlz Beauty supply and Hair Braiding, across the Mayo Bridge, across the James River and thru the flood walls into the capital.

Everyone needs to spend 15 minutes of their life in downtown Richmond. You will thin you are in a European seaport town if you concentrate. I was glad it was Saturday and the traffic not bad. Still, the parking was way on the back side of the moon, past the Confederate White House and Museum which is surrounded by the Medical College of Virginia. I found Weston's dad outside the McDonalds yakking on his cell phone, patiently as the dead sea bringing someone up to date on his sons condition. Inside I saw his Mom and went in to say hello.

I had not seen her in 10 years. When Westons parents divorced I tried to not take sides, but sides sometimes have a way of taking you. I hugged her mightily, this woman who now teaches at the college Annie Proulx dropped out of. There was her sister, who in college was a LUG. Their mother, a woman whose fireplace I once got sick in, I made sure to kiss her on the hand. She is a good person and didn;t deserve that.

Weston is now off the ventilator, but is still heavily sedated to keep him from causing himself further injury. He has 2 broken ribs, a broken facial bone around one eye socket and is missing a back molar (which was removed from his lung). The doctors were starting him on a round of antibiotics so as to ward off pneumonia before it could develop, they were told that was to be expected. The women all had to run but we gave Weston's dad, Marty and his other son Ben and Ben's girlfriend a ride back to the apartment, sight of the accident, where they are staying. On the way we encountered some very well dress members of the Nation of Islam, who upon selling us one of their newspapers, promised they would pray for Weston's recover.

Now you know thats gonna be something when he wakes up and find out they have been staying there. He is gone be like OMG! The brothers girlfriend had cleaned it up for them.

Marty showed us where he fell, photo attached. I do not know how he is alive, let alone not paralyzed. From what we were told he was on the roof at 2:30 am playing bongos and the neighbor called the police. When they arrived he tried to scurry down and missed the ladder, somehow missed the deck, may have tried to grab onto it and landed on the asphalt on his face. We could still see his blood on the pavement.

While hanging out we were joined by our old buddy Gene, who I had not seen in 7 years. He was forlorn, as usual. Bless his heart he has the worst luck with relationship of any human being I have ever seen. He once live with a woman 3 years and they got married and she left him 9 months later. I wish I had been clued into this last trainwreck because I never now what the hell to ask him.

We waled around the neighborhood for awhile, taking in the park, the theater formerly known as the Mosque, done up in art deco opulence from the 1920s. Catching up, telling stories on one another, gossiping which college professor in his 60s just impregnated his girlfriend. Remembering our own medical disasters, remembering Weston when he was a little boy, his fair complexion causing his strength to be sapped by the sun, and his Dad carring him home thru the fields, followed by a black three legged dog.

I am so glad he is going to be alright. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 11:35:57 pm by Shakestheground »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2791 on: November 25, 2007, 01:49:17 pm »
I'm sure everyone was glad you were there.
Sounds like the poor kid has a rough road ahead but will make it!
That sure is good news!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2792 on: November 25, 2007, 02:17:49 pm »
Hi all!!

Seeing the word, may I ask if their is a calendar with gay men?

And good sense would be to also have each pics with two gay men hugging sold also to the general public as well as the gay venues??

Hugs!

You can find most anything if you know where to look online. I still need to order my brokback callendar for next year....

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2793 on: November 25, 2007, 02:33:41 pm »
I'm sure everyone was glad you were there.
Sounds like the poor kid has a rough road ahead but will make it!
That sure is good news!

He does have a ways to go, but he will do fine.

Hey Bro, did you see Torchwood last night? I did  ;) ;D  Angels were dancing at the Ritz!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASEwZcqb6ow[/youtube]

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2794 on: November 25, 2007, 02:55:41 pm »

I am so glad that your friends boy is going to heal.  I know it will probably take a long while, but he
could very easily have been killed or paralized as you said.  How is his dads spirit..Does he seem to be taking it
better, now that he knows that he is going to recover?
              Thanks for the picture.  It is really good.   Bye the way you are getting slimmer and slimmer boy,,,looking good there.   ;)

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2795 on: November 25, 2007, 03:05:05 pm »
Thanks for the compliment Janice. I am not going to eat this week coming up. (yeah right)

Marty is doing well, he remains insanely optiminstic about all things. I asked him about his daughter who died earlier this year and he told me she had been cremated and they had her ashes, waiting to possibly bring them back to the mainland to bury in the future. It was good to know that. Not exactly something you can send an email and ask.

Hey you gone come see me when you leave Rich's?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2796 on: November 25, 2007, 03:06:50 pm »
bro, thanks for the update on Weston and his family.  I hope that he continues quickly down the road to recovery.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2797 on: November 25, 2007, 03:14:46 pm »
bro, thanks for the update on Weston and his family.  I hope that he continues quickly down the road to recovery.

Hey Chuck, did you get our drivers license updated?  :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2798 on: November 25, 2007, 03:15:28 pm »

Sure enough...then to Jack's place...But you have to know...I am a slow packer, so I have not got it
scheduled in yet....
               Jeff taught me to be oh so careful while packing. Lol

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2799 on: November 25, 2007, 03:50:59 pm »
Hey Chuck, did you get our drivers license updated?  :D

Yup!  New license and registration are done!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!