Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538785 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2160 on: August 08, 2007, 12:46:56 pm »

Yep, not to mention the fact that he caused Colson's legbone! 

Marie

Every time you mention legbone, I think of when they got married. I might have to go back and re-read that chapter....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2161 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:56 pm »
I think the legbone part of Bill's despicableness was definitely the worst, because it affected both of them the most.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2162 on: August 08, 2007, 03:27:08 pm »
Every time you mention legbone, I think of when they got married. I might have to go back and re-read that chapter....

L

An excellent idea, L.  We know what's in that chapter, don't we? 

"I see you already got the rings on, couldn't wait, huh".......

I think the legbone part of Bill's despicableness was definitely the worst, because it affected both of them the most.

I remember Ellery being beside himself with worry while poor Colson was at the hospital awaiting tests.....

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2163 on: August 08, 2007, 03:35:46 pm »
okay.

I think I have made up my mind.

this is tentative, but I have to go with what inspires me, don't I?  Since you all have been so tremendously deprived of cuddling and intimacy between our two main characters, I am going to next write the (snort, short!) story, "Dem Bones" about the two weeks of Colson's Legbone.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2164 on: August 08, 2007, 08:52:26 pm »
An inspired Louise is a very good thing!  Two weeks of snuggling up with Colson while he's bedridden. It'll be great to see all those missing moments. Will we get to watch his favorite soap opera with him while Ellery's at work?   ;D 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2165 on: August 08, 2007, 09:27:27 pm »
um, yes, we will!

Everyone knows his favorite soap opera is "One Life to Live"

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2166 on: August 09, 2007, 01:54:05 pm »
Since you all have been so tremendously deprived of cuddling and intimacy between our two main characters, I am going to next write the (snort, short!) story, "Dem Bones" about the two weeks of Colson's Legbone.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2167 on: August 10, 2007, 10:54:59 am »

thank you for that applause!  I am hoping to have some typing time today waiting for my flight to leave San Francisco.  Today is the last day of my course.  Even though I know I have more courses ahead, these two and the WBT's were the "core" of the basic recertification.  And now... it is just about done.  Whew.  WHEW.  Next week I will be travelling again but not on a course, and while I will be busy Thursday and Friday (and Saturday, and Sunday!) I should have some mental time for some writing.  And Wifi of course.  I am sure that Maria will do a little urging of her own to get me off my duff and on to some new chapters!

yb

« Reply #2168 on: August 10, 2007, 11:12:22 am »
okay.

I think I have made up my mind.

this is tentative, but I have to go with what inspires me, don't I?  Since you all have been so tremendously deprived of cuddling and intimacy between our two main characters, I am going to next write the (snort, short!) story, "Dem Bones" about the two weeks of Colson's Legbone.

Hooray!  Best news of the day.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2169 on: August 10, 2007, 11:44:59 am »
Hooray!  Best news of the day.

I thought you might feel that way, Betty!