Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 976892 times)

injest

Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #1640 on: May 06, 2007, 06:07:51 pm »
OK, I'm done! yer gettin all 4 versions of "Are You Lonesome Tonight", two from 1927, one from 1950, and Elvis's 1960 #1 hit.

See if you still like it after you've heard these ancient versions  :)

LOL!!

we shall see!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1641 on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:32 pm »
...like this CD I want to make right now...I want to put all the songs I BOUGHT on one CD.

From a Distance Bette Midler
Yesterday When I Was Young Roy Clark
Big Iron Marty Robbins
Silent Running Mike & the Mechanics
Forever Young Rod Stewart

(man I bought a LOT!  :o )

Just saw this post (was busy sending you e-mails, and answering the last posts you were writing)

Those 5 songs you BOUGHT fer nothin - I'm pretty sure I have each and ev'ry one a them!

Told ya! Ya need ta check with me first!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #1642 on: May 06, 2007, 06:19:10 pm »
but I DID ask you about Forever Young!! You said you did not have it on your computer!

and some of those other ones are country! you said you don't have a lot of country!

don't fuss at me!  :( :'(

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1643 on: May 06, 2007, 06:36:20 pm »
but I DID ask you about Forever Young!! You said you did not have it on your computer!

and some of those other ones are country! you said you don't have a lot of country!

don't fuss at me!  :( :'(

I also told you I've got over 350 CD's that I have to download back onto my computer. I've started with the oldest stuff (1900's - 1950's). Made a special download of Billy Joel & Bob Seger just for you, but otherwise, I'm up to CD #109 - the Elvis CD's.

Actually I have those 5 songs on CD and it would take a special effort to put em back on the computer (takes about 45 minutes per CD!) So you prob'ly would have had to wait ta get em - Good news though - I'm almost done with the 50's  :)
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #1644 on: May 06, 2007, 06:39:10 pm »
what? It only takes my computer a few minutes to put a CD on!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1645 on: May 06, 2007, 06:43:44 pm »
what? It only takes my computer a few minutes to put a CD on!

Long story ...

injest

« Reply #1646 on: May 06, 2007, 07:11:12 pm »
Long story ...

for another day??

:laugh: :laugh:

(I got to thinking, I guess if you did it right and catalogued them and all would take a bit longer than just sticking it in there and letting it go!)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1647 on: May 06, 2007, 07:33:20 pm »
for another day??

:laugh: :laugh:

(I got to thinking, I guess if you did it right and catalogued them and all would take a bit longer than just sticking it in there and letting it go!)

Gotta figure, I got these songs some 7 years ago, so when I upload them from the CD's there's no information except "Track 1, track 2, ..." I have most of the information already written out on the sleeve I made 7 years ago, but not all the information - one bit of information has ta come from books.

Another complication comes before all of this ... my main computer uploads songs in an audio format (don't know why, Bryan won't fix it for me!), but my other computer does upload in a mp3 format - Sooo, I upload em on the other computer, and transfer em up to this one (the main computer) before I type up all the information you see (artist, name a song, highest position reached, weeks on the chart, first week charted)

Then I gotta sort em out on the computer - if I've got mor'n one copy (sometimes it's already on the computer) and they're different quality, gotta listen ta find out which is best - which to keep which to throw away.

And how to organize - gotta have a system ... Over time the system's been adjusted many times (for example, what do I put first, the name of the artist? the date it first charted? even where do I leave spaces between information ...) and as for organisation, by year? or by artist?, or both? How about by decade? does 1930 belong with the 30's or the 20's?

Like I said - long story...

injest

« Reply #1648 on: May 06, 2007, 07:38:49 pm »
but sounds like you are enjoying it!

Garry is on...you gonna come say hi??

(cause you know he ain't budging!)  :P

I am fixing to leave myself....gotta appointment in the garden!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1649 on: May 06, 2007, 07:44:18 pm »
but sounds like you are enjoying it!

Garry is on...you gonna come say hi??

(cause you know he ain't budging!)  :P

I am fixing to leave myself....gotta appointment in the garden!

Yes I am enjoying it - it has been my hobby since ... forever! (even before I could get all the songs, I had the charts, and organized a book on the matter)

Sorry, I won't be joining you & Garry in the store. (haven't even posted my daily pictures today) I had planned on putting Jess, Thelma & Louise in the ground this evening, and the sun IS going down - so I had better get to it.

While I was outside taking pictures fer Bryan, I also took some long shots of the front yard (now that the grass has been mowed) - will be posting them in 'My Great White North'