Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 961430 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #1630 on: May 06, 2007, 07:35:48 am »
Ok , you got it - be sendin em right away!

Enjoy yer nap - talk ta ya later ...
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1631 on: May 06, 2007, 03:36:17 pm »
Awright Jess - Bryan's gone. He's happy with how the place looks neater, not so much about how the plants are growing.

About the e-mail I've sent, ya want more - Bryan arrived unexpectedly early (he usually calls first) so I wasn't able to send you all those songs from the 20's I was planning on sending - including: "California Here I Come", "Sweet Georgoa Brown"and one of my favorite songs from the era, (but not a 'roaring 20's' type song) "Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya?" Did I send "Happy Days Are Here Again"? - can't remember ...
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #1632 on: May 06, 2007, 03:55:01 pm »
Awright Jess - Bryan's gone. He's happy with how the place looks neater, not so much about how the plants are growing.

About the e-mail I've sent, ya want more - Bryan arrived unexpectedly early (he usually calls first) so I wasn't able to send you all those songs from the 20's I was planning on sending - including: "California Here I Come", "Sweet Georgoa Brown"and one of my favorite songs from the era, (but not a 'roaring 20's' type song) "Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya?" Did I send "Happy Days Are Here Again"? - can't remember ...

nope....

hey you got any Reba McEntire?? I have a song I think you will like. She is VERY countrified but she has a beautiful voice and puts out ballads sometimes that are very nice. I am thinking right now of "The World Didn't Stop (for My Broken Heart)"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1633 on: May 06, 2007, 05:22:29 pm »
nope....

hey you got any Reba McEntire?? I have a song I think you will like. She is VERY countrified but she has a beautiful voice and puts out ballads sometimes that are very nice. I am thinking right now of "The World Didn't Stop (for My Broken Heart)"

Nope. Never cared fer Reba (you forgot? I already told ya so - and you were shocked!) Never liked any of her works - don't think I ever will ...

I was so body tired, I've been sorta restin fer the last couple a hours. Will be sendin you some more songs now.

Guess the boys are back - You were expectin em about noon, weren't ya?

injest

« Reply #1634 on: May 06, 2007, 05:25:30 pm »
Nope. Never cared fer Reba (you forgot? I already told ya so - and you were shocked!) Never liked any of her works - don't think I ever will ...

I was so body tired, I've been sorta restin fer the last couple a hours. Will be sendin you some more songs now.

Guess the boys are back - You were expectin em about noon, weren't ya?

you can't hear them snoring?? I KNOW Garry must be wondering what that noise is coming from the south!

they have been home about an hour and a half....dragging...apparently had a good time!

injest

« Reply #1635 on: May 06, 2007, 05:26:59 pm »
sorry I forgot we already talked about Reba...can't believe you don't like her!

huh

oh, well, that's ok..I wll still be your friend!  ;D

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1636 on: May 06, 2007, 05:43:02 pm »
Hey! Do you know Elvis Presley's #1 hit "Are You Lonesome Tonight"? It too had a 1920's origin - be sendin a bunch a versions of that song too. Keep checkin your e-mail! (I'm obviously on a roll!)

injest

« Reply #1637 on: May 06, 2007, 05:43:59 pm »
you know, making CDs are not as easy as it first appears. Oh yeah actually BURNING them is easy (I learned how to click and drag!!  :o ) but deciding which songs go where...and with what....THERE is the question!

I have no idea...other than I put a CD in and think to myself "Who made this CD!! That song RUINED the mood! It doesn't go at ALL!"

LOL!!

like this CD I want to make right now...I want to put all the songs I BOUGHT on one CD.

I Have

From a Distance Bette Midler
Save a Horse Big and Rich
Celebrity Brad Paisley
Whiskey Lullaby Brad Paisley
Friends John Michael Montgomery
Dance With My Father Luthor Van Dross
Yesterday When I Was Young Roy Clark
Big Iron Marty Robbins
Silent Running Mike & the Mechanics
The Greatest Man I Ever Knew Reba!!
As Good As I Once Was Toby Keith
Fancy Reba!
Forever Young Rod Stewart

(man I bought a LOT!  :o )

Tried to download "Rough & Ready" but kept getting thrown off the internet... :P

but how to arrange them? huh? this is HARD!

(I am also gonna make one with all the songs YOU sent!)

injest

« Reply #1638 on: May 06, 2007, 05:45:14 pm »
Hey! Do you know Elvis Presley's #1 hit "Are You Lonesome Tonight"? It too had a 1920's origin - be sendin a bunch a versions of that song too. Keep checkin your e-mail! (I'm obviously on a roll!)

I LOVE that song

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1639 on: May 06, 2007, 06:06:32 pm »
I LOVE that song

OK, I'm done! yer gettin all 4 versions of "Are You Lonesome Tonight", two from 1927, one from 1950, and Elvis's 1960 #1 hit.

See if you still like it after you've heard these ancient versions  :)