Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 963593 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #4270 on: January 27, 2008, 10:39:42 pm »
Not much happeningh ere

Thought I'd make a pot a beans, but I didn't have as many as I thought I did, so I had to wait until the stores opened. Now they've gotta soak for 6 (or 8) hours before I can boil em (for an hour?) and then bake em (for yet another 3 hours.)

They might be ready for 10 pm tonight!
I'll bring the corn bread
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

injest

« Reply #4271 on: January 27, 2008, 11:11:48 pm »
now THAT is southern....beans and cornbread!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4272 on: January 27, 2008, 11:12:09 pm »
Good evenin Richard

What's new?

Beans ended up being a little dif'rent ... Mimma thought they smelled wonderful!

Soaked way too many beans for the pot. Had to remove at least 4 cups worth and still, the full pot overflowed, making a liquid (and fat) mess in the bottom of the stove. Also, I gotta remind myself - 3 hours is never enough - they need 4 hours
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #4273 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13:39 pm »
Good evenin Richard

What's new?

Beans ended up being a little dif'rent ... Mimma thought they smelled wonderful!

Soaked way too many beans for the pot. Had to remove at least 4 cups worth and still, the full pot overflowed, making a liquid (and fat) mess in the bottom of the stove. Also, I gotta remind myself - 3 hours is never enough - they need 4 hours

uh oh...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4274 on: January 27, 2008, 11:14:16 pm »
now THAT is southern....beans and cornbread!

Yea it is - not part a my habit... Though we (french-canadians) have moved away from white bread to whole wheat, I'm having trouble 'enjoying' 12 grain bread.
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4275 on: January 27, 2008, 11:15:46 pm »
Good evenin Richard

What's new?

Hey Sheriff!
Sound slike you got yourself  a heap o' beans!  ;D
I love some good slow cooked beans!
And Cornbread! LOL

You're right Jess!
That is a southern thang!
I also like to have some diced onion and tomato slices with my beans and Cornbread!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

injest

« Reply #4276 on: January 27, 2008, 11:19:39 pm »
well yeah! gotta have the tomatoes....onions only if you are by yourself or everyone is eating them... :laugh: :laugh:

Roland ya'll don't eat cornbread at all do you?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4277 on: January 27, 2008, 11:24:46 pm »
well yeah! gotta have the tomatoes....onions only if you are by yourself or everyone is eating them... :laugh: :laugh:

Roland ya'll don't eat cornbread at all do you?
Well, thats the polite thing to do ! LOL

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4278 on: January 27, 2008, 11:30:37 pm »
Onions are part of the seasoning - I added 3 onions (cut in halves) to the pot (along with a few bacon slices). No tomatoes. And as for corn bread, I prob'ly have eaten some in my life, but I really am not certain it appealed to me, as I don't recall it's flavour (or for that matter, when I last ate some).

injest

« Reply #4279 on: January 27, 2008, 11:31:33 pm »
Onions are part of the seasoning - I added 3 onions (cut in halves) to the pot (along with a few bacon slices). No tomatoes. And as for corn bread, I prob'ly have eaten some in my life, but I really an not certain it appealed to me, as I don't recall it's flavour (or for that matter, when I last ate some).

that is a crying shame....just terrible....