Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 972925 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #2580 on: June 19, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »
Is he an acquaintance of someone.......  ?

Naw - just a good lookin young man who's pictures (6 of em) I found on a blog - a former boyfriend of said blogger.

Now you know everything about him (except maybe his real name ...made that up myself.)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2581 on: June 19, 2007, 12:03:52 pm »
Report cards are to Roland...what kryptonite is to Superman!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I shared your little koke with just about every teacher (who have hear me complain a bout report cards for years) and they all enjoyed your comparison, as did I.

Thanks for the good laugh.

261 back
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2582 on: June 19, 2007, 06:28:33 pm »
Good ev'nin Jess ... Got any int'restin plans fer tonight?

We've had a great big storm come throughtown this afternoon. Temperatures went from 30*C (86*F) to 20*C (68*F) in 'bout an hour. What a dif'rence an hour makes.

injest

« Reply #2583 on: June 19, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »
Jess............. purple pull pea's ready yet?

And..........  since I'm not on here that much..... exactly who is Andy?

Karen

Yep! The deer are letting me have a few! LOL!

no black eyes though...they ate every bit of them..

Andy is our virtual waiter!

(I think Lee is sweet on him!!)

injest

« Reply #2584 on: June 19, 2007, 06:34:15 pm »
I shared your little koke with just about every teacher (who have hear me complain a bout report cards for years) and they all enjoyed your comparison, as did I.

Thanks for the good laugh.

261 back

AWW! that makes me feel good...thank YOU!

We are getting D's show clothes together and going out for dinner.

you?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2585 on: June 19, 2007, 06:45:21 pm »
No, No plans

Yesterday I got some Alberta plans set up - so my lodging is all done. Next I gotta do flight reservations with car rental reservations to match.

Got some good news from Eric today. He's gonna include Gordon Lightfoot's version of 'Me & Bobby McGee' on the playlist of Brokeback Mountain Radio!  ;D I heard Gord's version like 8 months before Janis Joplin had her mega hit, (and about 6 months before Gord broke through in the states with 'If You Could Read my Mind')

The song's a buddy song written by Kris Kristopherson, but to me, it'll always be Gord's song!

257 back

injest

« Reply #2586 on: June 19, 2007, 06:49:04 pm »
No, No plans

Yesterday I got some Alberta plans set up - so my lodging is all done. Next I gotta do flight reservations with car rental reservations to match.

Got some good news from Eric today. He's gonna include Gordon Lightfoot's version of 'Me & Bobby McGee' on the playlist of Brokeback Mountain Radio!  ;D I heard Gord's version like 8 months before Janis Joplin had her mega hit, (and about 6 months before Gord broke through in the states with 'If You Could Read my Mind')

The song's a buddy song written by Kris Kristopherson, but to me, it'll always be Gord's song!

257 back

Waylon Jennings did that song too. Don't know that I have ever heard Lightfoots version..

injest

« Reply #2587 on: June 19, 2007, 06:52:51 pm »
Ok I am gonna go lay down for a few minutes before we leave...have a good evening Roland!!

:-* :-*

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2588 on: June 19, 2007, 06:56:30 pm »
Waylon Jennings did that song too. Don't know that I have ever heard Lightfoots version..

Yea, Eric told me - I've never hear any other version. Eric asked me if I minded he put up either Dolly Pardon (which he was trying out today) or Waylon's version (cause Gord's already got three songs in the rotation), but I told him it HAD to be Gord's - the original interpreter! So he's removing Dolly's version this evening & puttin in Gord's. I'm pretty happy with that decision, as I posted that request somethin like 3 or 4 months ago, when I requested 'Beautiful' (by Gord again).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:12:16 pm by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2589 on: June 19, 2007, 11:11:02 pm »
Soon after I posted the last reply, I got a call from Lilly saying I should bring the ladder and help out pickin cherries - they'd turned red in great numbers in the past couple a days, and with the heavy rains we'd just had this afternoon, the branches were hanging low - perfect conditions fer pickin cherries. I picked for near 90 minutes, and Mimma did the lower branches fer about 1 hour. Between the 2 of us, we musta picked over 30 pounds a cherries, with maybe twice as much left in the tree. Expect I'll be back tomorrow ta continue the job, even if Mimma won't be there ta collect em too. Gotta pick em before the bird and the squirrels devastate the crop (all natural cherries - no pesticides!) Got me a real good supper out of it, and all the cherries I wanted ta take home!

Sometimes it's worth it, having no plans for the night  ;)