Author Topic: lovable subtle details  (Read 476185 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: lovable subtle details
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2007, 12:17:06 am »
No, I don't think that's ever been mentioned! Is that the "coat of many colors" that does that?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2007, 12:21:34 am »
"coat of many colors"

Hey partner,  I'm ashamed to say that I'm not familiar with this Brokieism  :o.  I don't quite remember the color of the jacket... it might even have been a shirt.  And, this particular detail that I mentioned is truly subtle.  It only swings back and forth very gently.  You can look out for this detail during the big fancy screening in Michigan!  :D  Oooo, it would be so fun to see BBM on the big screen again!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2007, 12:33:11 am »
Yes, I am looking forward to it so much. What I mean by the coat of many colors is the green plaid jacket that is hanging in the closet. It is fairly colorful and so some people have likened it to Joseph's coat of many colors. You know Joseph, the biblical Joseph of the "technicolor dreamcoat. (an excellent opera/musical by the way, by Andrew Lloyd Webber, one of his first).

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2007, 05:36:52 pm »
So Lee, any "new" subtle details to report following Bay City?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2007, 06:14:29 pm »
yes, many. I've been thinking about Jack's harmonica after seeing the movie lately...and how Ennis always says the opposite of what he means. He says, "You'll run the sheep off agin if you don't quiet down" when Jack's harmonica playing is reassurring to both the sheep AND Ennis. And then when Ennis says, "I'm sendin up a prayer of thanks...for you not bringing that harmonica!" what he means is that he is thankful to have Jack's song back in his heart!

Watching the movie in Bay City, I was amazed at how many times Jack appears with a bucket, or a bag, or a canvas water bag in the frame with him. I also thought it was pretty lovable how the horses were nuzzling each other in the background when the boys were in the foreground!! These were only a few of the things I noticed. In general, it is so overwhelming to see Brokeback Mountain on the big screen again! I am still recovering!

Now, in Colorado at the BBQ, we are going to be showing the high definition version that just came out! Yee-haw!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #355 on: March 24, 2007, 12:28:52 pm »
I have been studying this topic today to mine reenactment material for our BBQ coming up in Colorado in May! I'd love to have pictures of these lovable subtle details to post!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2007, 11:39:46 pm »
We usually discuss this in terms of the movie, but some of the most lovable things in the story are where Jack transforms himself into Ennis's beloved horses. There is the time when he was "trembling like a wrung out horse," when he was "hauled onto all fours," where he indulged in horseplay and horsing around, and when he was "kicking them to high heaven."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #357 on: March 25, 2007, 02:03:59 pm »
We usually discuss this in terms of the movie, but some of the most lovable things in the story are where Jack transforms himself into Ennis's beloved horses. There is the time when he was "trembling like a wrung out horse," when he was "hauled onto all fours," where he indulged in horseplay and horsing around, and when he was "kicking them to high heaven."

And when Ennis called him "Little darlin'"....  :)

((((Lee))))
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #358 on: March 25, 2007, 04:31:47 pm »
And when Ennis called him "Little darlin'"....  :)

((((Lee))))

lil darlin was what first told me I had seen it two many times:I had just proposed, my now wife had said yes, the cowboys were throwin hats in the air and I whispered "lil darlin"

and 2 second later thought my god you have seen brokeback once too often. but it fit. god did it fit <sigh> And nope, wasn't planned....

Lee??? MIME????? we are going to have a MIMING CONTEST IN ESTES??????

o...

my....

god...
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #359 on: March 25, 2007, 04:34:49 pm »
mine, jack, I was mining the thread for reenactment ideas! Not mime!