Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175779 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5140 on: June 07, 2010, 03:50:14 pm »
What do you guys think? Is this Jake?
It said so on the site where I found it but I just canĀ“t see it. Looks like somebody else.

My vote:  definitely Jake. 

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5141 on: June 07, 2010, 04:00:43 pm »
My vote:  definitely Jake. 
Mmm Blue eyes - check. Facial mole - check.
Must be

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5142 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:25 pm »
More fab fics of Jake. And you gotta wonder, does he know everyone in Hollywood?

perhaps his facebook can tell?? ;D

Or it could be his hobby, becoming friends with everyone. 
So in his garage, you can find poster of every Hollywood celebrities. With dots and cords he draw up plans of his success

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #5143 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26:07 am »
Jake is being very protective towards Heath.

I've been meaning to ask folks what they think Jake really means by comments like this:

He's made comments about BBM being "painful" in a couple of these different interviews at this point.  It seems like such an enigmatic statement.  

Does he mean the story was painful/difficult... that some aspect of filmming was painful (I get the sense that he loved the filmming since he has called the experience "magical" a number of times, including in GQ)... or, that the publicity, etc. was painful?  Or does he mean the memory of it as a whole... maybe including Heath's death is painful?

I have wondered about that statement too Amanda. A friend I have been talking about it with has emailed me this:

"I remember an interview way back just as Brokeback was coming out where both Heath and Jake said it was a painful process getting into these characters because one of the first things they had to do was confront their own attitudes and prejudices and self examination is always painful.  Then they had to create the back story for their characters in order to inhabit them so to speak.. they both had to know what Ennis and Jack knew, feel what Ennis and Jack felt know where they came from and what life experiences had shaped them.  I can see where that would be a wrenching experience.  Good actors do this sort of thing for every role they take on and we all know that Jake is a good actor and Heath was an amazing one who actually disappeared into his characters."
BbM, I swear

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5144 on: June 12, 2010, 12:10:02 pm »
Dastan meets son part 2

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5145 on: June 13, 2010, 03:08:26 am »

I've been meaning to ask folks what they think Jake really means by comments like this:

He's made comments about BBM being "painful" in a couple of these different interviews at this point.  It seems like such an enigmatic statement. 

Does he mean the story was painful/difficult... that some aspect of filmming was painful (I get the sense that he loved the filmming since he has called the experience "magical" a number of times, including in GQ)... or, that the publicity, etc. was painful?  Or does he mean the memory of it as a whole... maybe including Heath's death is painful?

Well, all four of the main actors have talked about how emotionally challenging it was to be directed by Ang Lee.  And I continue to stick to my belief that he fell in love with Heath, so watching Heath fall in love with Michelle was probably very hard.  And they talked about the isolation in Alberta was hard.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5146 on: June 13, 2010, 08:34:52 am »
I continue to stick to my belief that he fell in love with Heath

I didn't know you held this belief. Interesting possibility. What makes you think so, C?

Offline trinket

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #5147 on: June 13, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »
Those are fun pics!

He's made comments about BBM being "painful" in a couple of these different interviews at this point.  It seems like such an enigmatic statement.  

Does he mean the story was painful/difficult... that some aspect of filmming was painful (I get the sense that he loved the filmming since he has called the experience "magical" a number of times, including in GQ)... or, that the publicity, etc. was painful?  Or does he mean the memory of it as a whole... maybe including Heath's death is painful?

Hi friends!  
Jake's relationship with Kirsten Dunst ended not long before he began filming Brokeback Mountain. It's widely known that she is the one who ended their relationship, something Jake did not want. I believe he stated in an interview somewhere that he had "just been through a break-up" and he was at a difficult place in his life.  That, combined with the somewhat isloated location shoot, was what I believe Jake was referring to.  I will try to do some investigative work to see if I can find that interview.   :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:59:17 pm by trinket »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5148 on: June 13, 2010, 03:32:05 pm »
I didn't know you held this belief. Interesting possibility. What makes you think so, C?

I've written about it in this thread, a pretty long while back, not sure how to find it.  I tried advancd search just now, but it didn't come up with anything.  The short lazy version is it's just always looked like that to me.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5149 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:35 pm »
I can believe that they developed some kind of crush on each other.  I can imagine it going both ways... whether or not Michelle was in the picture.  I feel like their friendship was separate from things like that. Jake speaks at some length in the GQ interview about his friendship with Heath and the nature of that friendship in relation to making BBM and then how it was during the publicity and then later.  For those who haven't had a chance to read the whole thing... there are a few comments that seem pretty significant about how he saw his connection to Heath.

"We balanced each other out.  When I think about these things that happened then, we were very much alive in that movie.  We were really living that movie.  Not literally, but you think about those times in your life...
[then it seems the interviewer interrupts him and asks..."Did Heath never do anything that annoyed you?"]
"No.  I always admired Heath.  I always was kind of enamored of him..."

Then, there's the comment referenced on this thread before... "I think we felt safe together." 

And later he says..."We'd talk a few times a month.  I mean, he was a friend.  He was like my creative partner."

It's a pretty profound interview... he declines to comment about what it was like learning about Heath's death during the Brothers filmming.  And then some of what he says seems a little engimatic... lots of incomplete thoughts and some comments that seem important but a little unclear.  You get the sense that this really was an emotional interview.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie