Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3174829 times)

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5170 on: July 13, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »
Fox announces intention to 'Stand Up to Cancer'

Actor Jake Gyllenhaal ("Prince of Persia," "Brokeback Mountain") will also get into the action with a public service announcement about the cause that will air during tonight's Major League Baseball All-Star Game on Fox, according to the report.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general/index.ssf/2010/07/stand_up_to_cancer.html

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5171 on: July 13, 2010, 07:18:02 pm »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5172 on: July 13, 2010, 07:19:51 pm »
Jake a guy who likes to dance, check out his dance moves  ;D

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
this guy got all the classic moves, don´t he?

Still he´s better than me ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:44:04 pm by Buffymon »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5173 on: July 27, 2010, 03:44:54 pm »
Fox announces intention to 'Stand Up to Cancer'

Actor Jake Gyllenhaal ("Prince of Persia," "Brokeback Mountain") will also get into the action with a public service announcement about the cause that will air during tonight's Major League Baseball All-Star Game on Fox, according to the report.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general/index.ssf/2010/07/stand_up_to_cancer.html

I've seen the PSA.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5174 on: July 27, 2010, 03:46:09 pm »
I finally saw and loved PoP.

It was silly summer fluff.  Jake looked completely ridiculous - he's just not a swashbuckler type - and the movie was completely forgettable but I'll definitely buy the DVD.  Sadly, PoP's not made a lot of money here, but picked up some serious money overseas.  So not much of a blockbluster.  Unlikely there will be a sequel.  :(

Beats selling farm machinery, I guess. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5175 on: August 13, 2010, 11:35:57 am »
News and footage of Anne and Jake in "Love and Other Drugs".  8)

They're so cute together and I won't mind seeing Jake in this kind of role, and *guh!* not least looking like this.

From this footage the plot seems pretty inane and the humour .... uhm.... a little juvenile? But who cares? They look great together, I love seeing them teamed up in another movie and I'm entirely happy this came about!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2wyda4fe7c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5176 on: August 13, 2010, 12:34:49 pm »

They're so cute together and I won't mind seeing Jake in this kind of role, and *guh!* not least looking like this.

From this footage the plot seems pretty inane and the humour .... uhm.... a little juvenile? But who cares? They look great together, I love seeing them teamed up in another movie and I'm entirely happy this came about!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2wyda4fe7c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Wow, Mika, that looks like the perfect antidote to whatever's getting you down.  They both look great.  Thanks for the preview!  8)

Maybe the fact that folks will be constantly mentioning they were in BBM together will give our fave film a little bump?  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5177 on: August 13, 2010, 12:56:27 pm »
Wow, Mika, that looks like the perfect antidote to whatever's getting you down.  They both look great.  Thanks for the preview!  8)

Maybe the fact that folks will be constantly mentioning they were in BBM together will give our fave film a little bump?  ;)
oh oh oh I´m feeling excited!

This is the first time Jake is in a romantic comedy. It´s fun to follow him while he is trying on new things.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5178 on: August 13, 2010, 01:09:07 pm »

thank you mikaela for sharing, it sure lighted up my weekend!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5179 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:00 pm »

I'll be very curious about this one with it's Pittsburgh connection.

Yes, it looks like a fun one.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie