Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178742 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3590 on: February 11, 2008, 09:33:33 pm »
Amanda, you always give me something to think about when reading your posts..  Always thought provoking.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3591 on: February 11, 2008, 09:36:11 pm »
Amanda, you always give me something to think about when reading your posts..  Always thought provoking.

{{{Dev}}}

I was hesitant in posting that last post.  I hope no one perceives me being critical of Jake.  That's not my intention at all.  I'm really more concerned for him.  Really, I like Jake and Heath exactly equally... and somehow having Jake out of the picture at the moment is just plain hard for me.
:(

The more I think about it, the more moving it seems that Heath's cinematic legacy is forever bound to Jake.  There's just no way around that.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #3592 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:43 pm »
I was feeling the same way for a while, but I've come to accept that Jake will do is grieving in his own way.  Im sure eventually we will hear something from him.. 

I like the point you make that jake didnt want to take the spotlight during this time of mourning by Heath's family..

I also must say, that as a one time devout Gyllenhaalic that over the past year Ive truly become very much appreciative of all that is Heath..

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3593 on: February 11, 2008, 09:44:52 pm »
I like the point you make, and correct me if I am wrong, but you said that maybe Jake wanted to stay out of the way maybe not have the spot light on him in this time of mourning for Heath's family.

Yes, I think that's definitely one possibility.  I mean, Jake probably knows that his emergence on the scene would cause a lot of attention to be shifted his direction.  So, maybe on some level this is part of what's going on. 

I think Jake probably understands how the publicity surrounding things like this works very well and I would guess that on some level he's trying to be very careful and prudent on how this is handled.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3594 on: February 11, 2008, 09:48:14 pm »
Frankly, I think it has more to do with his work schedule - they are trying to wrap a film and last week was the final week of shooting.  He would not have been able to attend the funeral and meet the shooting schedule.  Film productions are extremely demanding, and he may have had to get back to it or cost the production a great deal of money.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #3595 on: February 11, 2008, 09:51:12 pm »
[[[[[I like the point you make, and correct me if I am wrong, but you said that maybe Jake wanted to stay out of the way maybe not have the spot light on him in this time of mourning for Heath's family.]]]]]*** I removed this from my post because i wasnt sure it made much sense, but obviously you found my meaning Amanda.

Yes, I think that's definitely one possibility.  I mean, Jake probably knows that his emergence on the scene would cause a lot of attention to be shifted his direction.  So, maybe on some level this is part of what's going on. 

I think Jake probably understands how the publicity surrounding things like this works very well and I would guess that on some level he's trying to be very careful and prudent on how this is handled.

Yes I agree, and Jake having grown up in Hollywood, among famous people all his life, Im sure he is/was doing whats best for now.    Very interesting.. I must admit, that at first I really thought, wtf is up with Jake?  where is he, but you've made sense of it all. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3596 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:33 pm »
Frankly, I think it has more to do with his work schedule - they are trying to wrap a film and last week was the final week of shooting.  He would not have been able to attend the funeral and meet the shooting schedule.  Film productions are extremely demanding, and he may have had to get back to it or cost the production a great deal of money.

I'm curious about where folks are getting their reports about Jake's movie shooting schedule.  I've heard over and over again that the filming is halted.  And, then I've also heard that it's going again.  Where are the reliable sources that report on these things?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3597 on: February 11, 2008, 09:54:56 pm »
I must admit, that at first I really thought, wtf is up with Jake?  where is he, but you've made sense of it all. 

LOL!  I still feel like wtf is up with Jake?! ;D  I truly think it's odd that he's missing in action.  I think it truly, truly, truly will/ would be odd if he never makes a statement or gesture.

I'm just thinking out loud here in these posts.   In a way, I feel like I'm trying to talk my way into feeling better about my confusion about what's going on with Jake.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #3598 on: February 11, 2008, 10:02:23 pm »

LOL!  I still feel like wtf is up with Jake?! ;D  I truly think it's odd that he's missing in action.  I think it truly, truly, truly will/ would be odd if he never makes a statement or gesture.

I'm just thinking out loud here in these posts.

Im sure that eventually we will hear something from the Jakey camp. 

Not to be disrespectful on Jake's own thread, but in my mind the day of and after and after that, I was thinking about where he was, and Steve pinpointed what i was thinking in my mind was that Jake was being the "Crown Prince of Hollywood"  I dont believe that now.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3599 on: February 11, 2008, 10:12:35 pm »
Im sure that eventually we will hear something from the Jakey camp. 

Not to be disrespectful on Jake's own thread, but in my mind the day of and after and after that, I was thinking about where he was, and Steve pinpointed what i was thinking in my mind was that Jake was being the "Crown Prince of Hollywood"  I dont believe that now.

Yes, I'm sure something will eventually come to light from Jake.  It's almost inevitable.

I hope he makes the gesture that feels right to him in his heart in the most genuine way.  Jake seems like such a warm person, I really tend to believe the reports that he's probably taking this very hard.  I mean, if we're taking it hard... he must certainly be.

I'm sure, on the other hand, in terms of Hollywood "image", he's probably quite aware that this long absence/silence is becoming it's own issue and won't want to come across as abrupt or dismissive of this major, major situation. 

See... I'm still trying to talk myself into some kind of acceptance or understanding of what's going on.