Author Topic: BBM "euro" bumper sticker  (Read 13061 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BBM "euro" bumper sticker
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 03:34:07 pm »
I'll take two plain BBM ones, please.  :)
No more beans!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 03:37:01 pm »
I'll take two plain, and one sesame. Wait, that's wrong. Just two plain.

Thanks, ELJ for organizing.

BTW, how to deal with you getting paid?

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 03:37:21 pm »
Hey kids! Thanks for the great response.

Actually, I agree. I like the plain BBM oval best.

I'll probably get myself a standard-type bumpersticker, in addition. With something on it. For those interested, we could do one of each. I pm'd Ndatmo at IMDB. If she gives us the go ahead, I might put that on it, or else some variation on the Jack Nasty thing. Wonder if I'd get arrested with a Jack Fuckin' Twist sticker on my car...? Hm....

So I guess I'll do a head count here....Who wants a plain BBM oval sticker? If you want more than one, please specify amount.

:laugh:  Whoowee! Yeah!  :laugh:

I've never had a bumper sticker before. I'm scared about putting on one. If I wanted to take it off, does it take off the paint or anything? What about putting it on the back window? Does it come off easily?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 03:53:27 pm »
hey sparkle_motion, i understand your hesitation. i haven't put anything on my bumper, either. but i do have a bumper crop ( :laugh: ) of stickers on my rear windhield. I put them around the perimeter so they don't obstruct my view.

Does it come off easily?
it used to come off easy, now it's like seeing the pope.
i wouldn't try removing a sticker from your bumper. the paint under the sticker would look different from the paint on the rest of the bumper, which will have been exposed to sun that whole time, and be more faded. plus it could damage the paint.

i haven't tried taking any stickers off my window yet, but I've heard with a razor blade, some caution, and a LOT of patience, you can get them off.
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 04:26:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply!
I'll take one of the plain oval ones, is that what you guys decided on? How do we pay?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 05:20:13 pm »
I thought those ovals were the type of sticker meant for your windshield? Not a sticker, but the decal kind (anyone know what I'm talking about?).  I have a couple of those on my windshield and they come of with a blow dryer and a scraper really easily...

so, does anyone know if it is an actual sticker or a decal?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 06:00:57 pm »
Here in the states, anyway, I always see them in the upper or lower left corner of the rear window.  I plan to put mine in the upper left, and my "I didn't vote for his brother, either" (meaning Jeb OR George Bush) in the lower left and my "There ain't no reins on this one" in the lower right.  All on the outside of my rear window.  They come off very easily that way, so if I change cars or change my mind about any of them (doubtful, and I'll never remove the BBM oval) I can take them right off and save them (I save the paper with the smooth surface they come on in my glove compartment).
No more beans!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 06:02:13 pm »
Barb, that is a great quote you've got there! Very fitting for BBM as well...  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 06:29:47 pm »
Barb, that is a great quote you've got there! Very fitting for BBM as well...  ;D

Yes, 'tis true.  I am in love with a fictional character.  Two of them, actually.  And not only are they fictional, they're gay!  Am I a masochist, or what?  ;)
No more beans!

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 07:43:41 pm »

Yes, 'tis true.  I am in love with a fictional character.  Two of them, actually.  And not only are they fictional, they're gay!  Am I a masochist, or what?  ;)
sing it sister cowgirl! you're preaching to the choir! those of us in the choir who are straight females I mean. ;)

testify!
Jack Nasty loves you!