Author Topic: The Amazing Race (Now Season 25 chat)  (Read 388671 times)

injest

Re: The Amazing Race Season 12
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2008, 09:28:27 am »
lol jess - thats just what I wrote!

SEE?? We have that teamwork thing going on!!!

lets go!!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2008, 09:40:21 am »
Somebody posted this on Tarflies - its a board which Nic posts on (his dads site actually) and he gave a lot of intersting info about the teams - and the money - him and Don got $10K each. So those numbers Aaron gave are per person.

http://robbiefulks.com/bboards/index.html?action=readtopic&topic=04166&forum=002&start=226

Nics username is NicolasFulks

and he posts about halfway down the page.

Jess - you can eat all the funky foods too...

Heres the text of his post. He has got some sense of humour!!!  ;)

I bet they’ve won

No, we have not.

Hey Nick, did you bang that Asian chick when her Dad wasn't looking?

Actually, we began making love in the Irish countryside and she started moaning “Give it to me Daddy,” was too creepy and I had to stop. No, didn’t “bang” the Asian chick—actually don’t think much of her repeatedly stating how smart she was. And for reference, she is now “banging” Azaria.

is the prize all or nothing, or is there some kind of first runner up prize too? (from the visually pleasing auntie….do you have facebook auntie?)

There are prizes for all places ranging from $1500 p/person for last place (plus a $500 stipend during sequester) to $25,000 p/person for second place. My grandfather and I were rewarded $10,000 each for our efforts.

Do they have reunion shows for this program?

They had in past seasons, but not this time around. I was disappointed. I went out to LA a couple weeks ago to visit TK/Rachel and Nate/Jen. Had a great time. Nate/Jen come off horribly on TV—Nate is a great guy, and while Jen might be a bitch, she is a bitch in a great way, and I love it. TK/Rachel are fantastic people.

Are you going to have anything added to it or leave it as it is?

I am going to leave it as is. I love it. I wake up every morning and laugh when I look in the mirror. It is a reminder of an amazing experience, and it will be a great story to tell in 40 years: My grandfather and I were on a race around the world, and we had to get these tattoos in Italy for first place.

What I want to know is why a fine, strapping young gent such as Nick makes Grandpa do all the hard work. I think the really burning question here is: does Don have a wife?

First of all, Don agreed to do a show in which he was well-aware that there would be physically demanding tasks so there is no need to feel sorry for him. Also, we had to split the roadblocks between us, so we attempted to have Don do everything he thought he could do. This didn’t work out so well a few times. The first roadblock in Ireland was easy—riding a bike across a ravine. He should have done it, but all we knew was “Who wants to pedal for their partner.” Don was tired, and we thought it might involve and extensive amount of biking. In Holland we had the advantage of watching other teams attempt the challenge before picking who would do it. Don said he could do it, and I thought it was a bad idea. I tried to have him watch a couple other people do it to convince him otherwise, but it didn’t work. I thought that since we had a sizable lead over the other teams I would avoid the asshole move of overriding the old man’s decision. He now says his decision wasn’t smart. And finally, the Croatia roadblock stated: “Who has a builder’s eye?” From that information there was no way we could have known there would be so much lifting. I always tried to do anything in my power to spare my grandfather of any unneeded physical activity so he could preserve his energy. And as for your second question, sorry PrismBallz, there is a Ms.Don…..and I don’t think you will be PrismFulks anytime soon either.

Hey Nick, exactly how much editing of the contestant's personalities goes on with that show?

I was very afraid of how the reality gods would make me out to be before going on the show. They manipulated quite a bit: taking things people said from one country and using it 2 weeks later, the motive of Ron yelling at me, editing out mistakes on their own part, etc. However, with few exceptions people came off exactly as they were. Those exceptions were:

-Creating some kind of breakthrough for Ron, that relationship is utterly flawed, and Ron’s breakthrough was made for TV

-While Nate/Jen constantly fought with each other (and they do in real life too), they were very fun/outgoing toward everyone else, and that wasn’t shown at all. To be fair, the show didn’t show much of teams interacting at all, but this made a big difference in the overall perception of these two

-The sisters were horrible to be around. They were constantly lying, extremely unpleasant, and made friends with no one except their Spanish speaking “sister” Lorena. Everyone hated them, and it made me frustrated that my grandfather continued to talk to them. Similarly it frustrates me that he continues his friendship with Ron even after the race. I guess in that case it a bit more excusable because they are two old guys that succeeded at the same amazing experience.

-Kent (Kynt) was a goof. He was completely fake, I wondered if he was a person at all. He wouldn’t talk to you, but the camera behind you. Always a show about how he is so different, how he likes different music, dresses differently….ugh. As far as the race, he was very manipulative trying to strike deals with all other teams (With me/Don not U-turning him/Vyxin, with Ron/Chris getting help in the Asian countries, etc.) He also went on morality rants over how they were playing a clean race, judging other teams….shut up, no one cares. Vyxen was cute/adorable, although I am not a big fan of the whole pink show.

Hey, do you guys get fan mail?

No, but I have seen the artwork you have sent my father.

What was the most frustrating part of the race? What didn't they show that makes for good gossip?

There were many frustrating parts of the race, a few stick out in my mind:

We had slept three hours in four days when we were in Italy. I was driving in Italy all night, and for the most part the crew and my grandfather were sleeping. I have never been so tired in my life, and at one point we reached a point where the highway closed. I tried to navigate my way past the highway closure through the streets of Bologna at 3am. I have never been so frustrated in my life. It was amazing how most of the time you were so stressed out that anything going wrong caused an infinite level of exasperation that you just want to scream or strangle someone.

After we went to the hotel in Japan, we thought that we had made the final three and that TK/Rachel were eliminated. The next morning my grandfather and I were talking with Nate/Jen in the hallway of the hotel and TK came out of his room and came over to talk to us. When I realized he wasn’t eliminated I was devastated. I loved TK/Rachel, but at that point I wanted them gone so we had a 1/3 shot at a million.

Many things that weren’t shown on TV, but one recurring theme that was always omitted was our sleeping conditions. I think they did this so people wouldn’t be discouraged from applying to future seasons. We slept in tents on a hill in Ireland, on bare cement on the streets of Burkina Faso, and in a bug infested ATM store in India. I think this was done to cause fatigue and make us more exasperated when we were attempting the challenges.

Question Nick, did you ever finish the puzzle or did they just tell you to go ahead and move toward the finish line?

Yes. I didn’t even realize this was a question until my roommate asked me after the show. I don’t know why they didn’t show me finishing, and I was disappointed that was edited out.

1. when did the amazing race start, and when did it end?
2. what were the hotels like?
3. what was the team you liked best on the amazing race besides your own team?
4. what is your opinion of country music?

-The race started July8 and ended July30.
-I previously mentioned that some of the places you slept were pretty rough: streets, camping, etc. When they decided to treat you nice the hotels were very nice. The hotel in Croatia had an unbelievable view right on the ocean next to the rapidly rising hills of the coast. The hotel in India had an unreal ballroom for dinner that was the size of a football field with every kind of food you could imagine, and one waiter per two or three people that were serving to your every need.
-I liked TK/Rachel. It was great that they could be so much fun even though we were competing at the end. They were always funny/easy going with us and each other. I am so happy they made it to the end with us because it made the trip much more enjoyable.
-Country is not pretty. Like most music, I have a similar taste as my father, just a bit more restricted probably due to knowing less. I enjoy classic country like Buck Owens, maybe because it reminds me of spending weekends with my dad as a little kid. More noteworthy, I love Shania, like Mr.Fulks

Did Nick and Don win any trips?

We won a five night trip to Cancun for our first place finish in Italy.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2008, 09:58:19 am »
Loved reading Nick's posts!  I so glad TK and Rachel are as nice as they seemed.  It's really too bad about Ron remaining a horrible jerk, but not surprising.  An a-hole his age can't change that fast, if at all.  Interesting about how everyone hated the sisters.

injest

« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2008, 10:06:04 am »
Loved reading Nick's posts!  I so glad TK and Rachel are as nice as they seemed.  It's really too bad about Ron remaining a horrible jerk, but not surprising.  An a-hole his age can't change that fast, if at all.  Interesting about how everyone hated the sisters.

they sure weren't MY faves!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2008, 01:43:18 pm »
Thanks for posting that text, Kelda.  Very interesting!  And I have to admit I misjudged Nick by calling him "not the sharpest knife in the drawer."  He writes really well.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2008, 07:35:45 pm »
I was having a look at the wiki TAR 12 page - and it gave a link to Kate and Pat's exit interview at reality tv world - http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-kate-lewis-pat-hendrickson-talk-about-the-amazing-race-6081.php - I hadn't realised this:

Reality TV World:   There's been reports that Staella, TK, Rachel, and Nathan all went to the same high school in Fountain Valley, CA.  Did you hear anything about that during the race?

Kate:  Yeah, it was on the race.

Reality TV World:  Okay, so you were aware about that during the race?

Pat:  Yeah, somewhere along the line I think.
Kate:  What a surprise though, huh?  What a weird coincidence?

Reality TV World:  Yeah, that is a weird coincidence.

Kate:  Yeah, it was surprising.  We kind of were worried that they might have a little alliance because of that, but I don't think they did.

I know there was a lot of folk from CA, but wow - that well wierd...

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2008, 12:08:12 am »
I wonder if a Celebrity Amazing Race would be popular?

If so, who could some of the teams be? 

Should we have some fun and pair some favs up?

Great idea, David!  ;D

Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal

Sean Hayes and Cher

Donald Trump and Martha Stewart

Dr. Phil and Britney Spears

Simon Cowell and William Hung

Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2008, 08:56:58 am »
OMG!   Donald Trump and Marth Stewart?   That would be hilarious!

Can't you see Donald trying to repel down the side of a cliff with the wind blowing his hair?

Martha being told the next road block is mud wrestling?

Then of course at the Pit Stop......  as Donald and Martha step on the mat, his suite torn and dirty, her face and clothes muddy.

Phil stands there and says:  "Donald and Martha, you are the last team to arrive.  You're Fired"  as he does the Trump hand gesture.  LOL.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2008, 09:38:06 am »
OMG!   Donald Trump and Marth Stewart?   That would be hilarious!

Can't you see Donald trying to repel down the side of a cliff with the wind blowing his hair?

Martha being told the next road block is mud wrestling?

Then of course at the Pit Stop......  as Donald and Martha step on the mat, his suite torn and dirty, her face and clothes muddy.

Phil stands there and says:  "Donald and Martha, you are the last team to arrive.  You're Fired"  as he does the Trump hand gesture.  LOL.

:laugh:

Hmm... what celeb teams....

How about Rosie ODonnell with Trump!?!

injest

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2008, 09:57:17 am »
:laugh:

Hmm... what celeb teams....

How about Rosie ODonnell with Trump!?!

or Rosie with that Elizabeth girl from the View...