Author Topic: Twist family Bible study: the Gospel of Mark  (Read 156063 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Twist family Bible study: the Gospel of Mark
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2007, 10:35:13 pm »

No I haven't Jess inform us..   Are you talking about the Apocripha?

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2007, 10:38:30 pm »

No I haven't Jess inform us..   Are you talking about the Apocripha?

LOL!! I was hoping Wayne could help me there...I have only seen it once.

so I don't know what it is called.

there is a story in there of Jesus when he was young, a boy ran into him in the street and Jesus killed him.

and as sacrilegous as that is to say, it actually makes the ENTIRE story more realistic to me. If Jesus came as a babe and grew up here as a human, then he didn't KNOW his own power. There is another story about him playing by a creek and making birds out of mud and breathing life into them.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2007, 09:01:04 am »

Now those are some interesting tales.  Wonder if they had that wacky tobaccy back then too.       Sorry that just seems a bit farfetched..to me.

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2007, 09:07:27 am »
       Now those are some interesting tales.  Wonder if they had that wacky tobaccy back then too.       Sorry that just seems a bit farfetched..to me.

LOL!

well I was reading something about how the Bible was put together. Originally those chapters were included.

who knows what was going on back then (which is why I don't believe in slaughtering people over it....too easy to misinterpret something)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2007, 09:17:56 am »

My homage to Homer Simpson....DOH!!!

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:43 am »

My homage to Homer Simpson....DOH!!!

???

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2007, 10:23:30 am »

I have never seen a Catholic bible, but i have heard there is some of that stuff in it.

Beautiful mind

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2007, 12:45:56 pm »
Hey y'all ! Yes, I have heard of those but haven't read them yet ... that would be fun!    :D

I've read some of the gnostic texts like the gospel of Thomas (great except for the last verse ....  >:(   ) and the gospel of Mary (weird, but    ???   )  In the last 20 years or so the gospel of Judas has surfaced as well.

Like you say, lots of different perspectives!
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2007, 06:36:15 pm »
As we read further I wonder if we can discern how much time passes between Secret Mark and Jesus's arrest...  ? 

If these two events were close together, maybe this is the same young man?
Well we get a quick answer to at least the first question in chapter 11. The next event is Palm Sunday, the week that Jesus died.

So if Secret Mark is true, it is strongly plausible that that naked man is the same naked man who the authorities almost capture with Jesus a few days later in the official version of Mark 14.    :D

I think Jesus had a boyfriend!     :-*   :-*
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:31:01 am by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2007, 06:56:23 pm »
Also let's take a look again at chapter 10 verses 17-22, the part about the rich young man seeking eternal life ...

"Jesus having looked upon him, did love him, and said ... (sell all you have, give it away, and come with me) ... The man went away sorrowing, for he was rich"

This sounds similar to the reaction AND the circumstances of the man raised from the dead just a few verses later in Secret Mark:

"the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich."

Maybe this was the same man?!?     :D

And this is how they fell in love ...      :)

Don